Trump doxxes Graham
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:08:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump doxxes Graham
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Trump doxxes Graham  (Read 7303 times)
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2015, 06:19:38 PM »

I feel like we should start getting worried about Trump. He was apparently even hurling some abuse towards Greg Abbott. The man can't have a single friend in the party at this point- which almost guarantees he'll run as an Independent, with his temperament. In that case, 2016 would certainly be lost for the Republicans, even if he got just 2-3%.

Maybe that's the point? Loom large as a giant threat like that and then use it as leverage to cut some kind of deal with the next Republican president-to-be.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2015, 06:26:57 PM »

I feel like we should start getting worried about Trump. He was apparently even hurling some abuse towards Greg Abbott. The man can't have a single friend in the party at this point- which almost guarantees he'll run as an Independent, with his temperament. In that case, 2016 would certainly be lost for the Republicans, even if he got just 2-3%.

Maybe that's the point? Loom large as a giant threat like that and then use it as leverage to cut some kind of deal with the next Republican president-to-be.

At this point, one hopes so.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2015, 06:40:03 PM »

I'm loving every minute of the Trump show.  Savoring it.  Enjoying the Jebbie, and the Lind-zees, and the Perr-ees, and the whole lot of them getting their undies in a twist over Donnie's over-the-top comments.

What the people who are fueling Trump's surge in the polls are sick of is being screwed over the years by the genteel Bushes and told that what they've been given (wars and free trade agreements) was "good for them".  Are these people being taken in by a demagogue?  Maybe.  But Trump's demagoguery at least addresses the things THEY are concerned with.

I'm amazed that the anti-Trump GOP crowd doesn't get this.  They rant and rail about how Obama "won't listen to the people", but they ignore the fact that a whole lot of Republicans of all stripes think this about the GOP Establishment; the Bushes, the Walkers, the Kasiches, the Huckabees, etc.  They know the talk that isn't going to be supported by any meaningful action.  

Here's a question:  What will the Republican Party do if Trump plays by the rules and gets nominated?  What if he is persistently the most popular Republican and actually wins the nomination.  What if he goes all the way and it takes a deal between two or three rivals to block his nomination; how would that be viewed by Trump's following?  Don't say it can't happen.  It's unlikely to happen, but Trump has identified and exploited (as George Wallace once did) a major slice of his party's base that feels marginalized by their own party as well as by the opposition party.

Jeb Bush needs the Trump base to win.  George McGovern needed the Wallace base to win.  Think about it; how can the GOP wins if Trump's base is so alienated that they don't have a good thing to say about the GOP.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2015, 07:17:29 PM »

Wait Trump attacked Greg Abbott? Wow my opinion of the guy keeps going up and up!
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2015, 08:56:37 PM »

Wait Trump attacked Greg Abbott? Wow my opinion of the guy keeps going up and up!

http://www.npr.org/sections/itsallpolitics/2015/07/21/424994751/the-best-insults-of-the-trump-kickoff-speech

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2015, 08:57:12 PM »

If only there were a way to stop one person from having a disproportionate, disruptive role in the political process for no reason other than the fact that they have a lot of money...
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2015, 08:58:42 PM »

And here I was uncharitably assuming Trump made some "cripple" comment.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2015, 09:01:19 PM »

And here I was uncharitably assuming Trump made some "cripple" comment.

Just you wait...
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2015, 09:18:01 PM »

Yep; give it time.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2015, 09:32:28 PM »

Donald Trump hates America.

He hates capitalism. He hates our troops. He hates our veterans. This just proves is, he is attacking Lindsey Graham for not being in the private sector. Lindsey Graham has spent decades in service to our country in uniform. I don't always agree with Senator Graham's politics, but he is stronger on national security than Donald Trump and he's more of a real Republican and a real American than Donald Trump.

we all get by now that you're terrified. can you tone it down now kthx

I'm not going to deny what you said. As a Republican, I am embarrassed to be in the same party as someone who is a bigot who has a history of taking positions against capitalism. As an American, I am saddened that there are people who are dumb enough to actually buy into the crap Trump is selling. Like Barack Obama, he divides people. He lowers the level of dialogue. He seeks to win votes by appealing to an anti-immigrant, anti-trade sentiment. It's just sad.

On one hand, I am thankful that he's doing well now because my hope is by December, no one will be talking about him. What hurt Romney in 2012 was Santorum during the primaries. Santorum was precieved as anti-woman, so the Democrats just used the label against Romney. So, better he be an idiot now than next February.

On the other hand, I am worried as well. I don't want independents to think that Republicans are scared, uneducated people just because a minority of us polled apparently are. Our party does best when we have candidates who talk about issues and who have a hopeful message that unifies people.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2015, 09:40:05 PM »

Donald Trump may be the American Clive Palmer.

It does seem like he wants to start the Know Nothing's back up...
Donnie

« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2015, 07:11:28 AM »

The Donald is exactly what Washington needs--a wrecking ball.
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2015, 08:49:35 AM »

Trump isn't the candidate Washington needs, but he is most definitely the candidate Washington deserves.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2015, 09:02:45 AM »

?
Donnie

« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2015, 11:35:57 AM »

Nice Smiley
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2015, 12:45:29 PM »

Graham's answer:

http://politicalwire.com/2015/07/22/watch-lindsey-graham-destroy-his-cell-phone

(actually he would not have needed to destroy it, just call his provider and ask for a switch in numbers)
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2015, 12:56:26 PM »

Graham will get bigger bump from this news cycle than Kasich
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2015, 01:19:02 PM »

Well now I'm torn. On the one hand, I really want Kasich to make it into the debates. On the other hand, it will now be an absolute travesty if Trump and Graham don't get to share a debate stage.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2015, 01:27:30 PM »

He tends to go after vets, if you are running for GOP nomination, you dont do that.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2015, 03:56:51 PM »

If only there were a way to stop one person from having a disproportionate, disruptive role in the political process for no reason other than the fact that they have a lot of money...

If there's anyone THAT'S true for, it's Jeb Bush.  Think about it; why Jeb and not Pataki leading the way for the Establishment?  Why Jeb and not Kasich, who has far more experience in elective office, and more CURRENT experience?  Why Jeb, and not Lindsey Graham, who is, at least, a man with military experience and whose family friends and associates don't profit from the endless wars he advocates? 

I guess a question I would have for dudeabides is this:  Are you for the reversal of CITIZENS UNITED?  Because Trump's being able to have his "disproportionate, disruptive role in the political process" can only be stopped by the reversal of that horrible decision.  Short of that, I certainly hope that Trump can disrupt the political process enough to where the only way any Bush will see the White House again is on the guided tour.
Retrumplican
Rookie
United States

« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2015, 04:03:53 PM »

He tends to go after vets, if you are running for GOP nomination, you dont do that.

That's clearly not true, in multiple ways.

First, he did not go after veterans, he went after John McCain. Objectively, John McCain is a loser. He lost to Obama. He is reviled by the GOP base.

Second, he is running for the GOP nomination, and he did do that, so clearly, it can't be something that you don't do.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2015, 04:38:35 PM »

Donald Trump has no right to go after a war hero like John McCain, what was he doing during the Vietnam War? Blowing his money on hookers and concealing abortions.  This will probably be the thing that pops his bubble once and for all.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #47 on: July 22, 2015, 04:44:23 PM »
« Edited: July 22, 2015, 04:51:39 PM by Nagas »

Donald Trump has no right to go after a war hero like John McCain, what was he doing during the Vietnam War? Blowing his money on hookers and concealing abortions.  This will probably be the thing that pops his bubble once and for all.

McCain is an embarrassment to our party. Instead of pulling himself up by his bootstraps, he relied on the government to get out if Vietnam, absolutely disgusting. And to make it worse, after he entered politics, he continually voted against veteran interests and instead voted to continually send young men off to die in Middle Eastern wars.
Retrumplican
Rookie
United States

« Reply #48 on: July 22, 2015, 05:13:23 PM »

Donald Trump has no right to go after a war hero like John McCain, what was he doing during the Vietnam War? Blowing his money on hookers and concealing abortions.  This will probably be the thing that pops his bubble once and for all.

In all seriousness, how is John McCain a war hero?

I totally respect his service and all, but what did he actually do? Get shot down and then get tortured.

To be a war hero, don't you have to do something... you know, like lead a big charge, kill 50 of the enemy, shoot down at least 3 planes, jump on a grenade, or ... something???

Not everyone who goes to war can be a "war hero," can they? There have to be some people who go to war, but are not "heroes."

If not, then are we not just defining down the term "war hero" to the point where it no longer actually means anything?

I feel sorry for John McCain that he got tortured, and I'm sorry for other POWs that had to go through similar sorts of hell. That sucks.

But if all you have to do to be a war hero is to get tortured, then Sean Hannity could become a war hero if he would just keep his word. And that's just not right.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #49 on: July 22, 2015, 05:18:23 PM »

In all seriousness, how is John McCain a war hero?

I totally respect his service and all, but what did he actually do? Get shot down and then get tortured.

To be a war hero, don't you have to do something... you know, like lead a big charge, kill 50 of the enemy, shoot down at least 3 planes, jump on a grenade, or ... something???

Not everyone who goes to war can be a "war hero," can they? There have to be some people who go to war, but are not "heroes."

If not, then are we not just defining down the term "war hero" to the point where it no longer actually means anything?

I feel sorry for John McCain that he got tortured, and I'm sorry for other POWs that had to go through similar sorts of hell. That sucks.

But if all you have to do to be a war hero is to get tortured, then Sean Hannity could become a war hero if he would just keep his word. And that's just not right.

You are right I suppose, its fair to say that John McCain isnt a war hero.  However what Trump is doing is trying to diminish his service and that is just not right.  He may not be a hero but he served with honor.  He could have been released early but refused to leave ahead of others.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies