Bacon King Statement
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:04:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Bacon King Statement
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Bacon King Statement  (Read 3304 times)
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 21, 2015, 05:53:23 PM »

To my friends on Atlas Forum and Atlas After Dark-

As some of you may know, I suffer from severe bipolar disorder. I've also recently mentioned to some of you my new difficulties with medications. As a result, I am no longer properly medicated for my illness, so for the past week I have been in an intensely manic state. I offer this information not as an excuse for what I am about to tell you, but to offer some semblance of an explanation for my actions. In particular, note that the condition causes behavior that is "out of character and risky, foolish or inappropriate", per the ICD-10 of the World Health Organization.

In private messages on AAD, I was having a conversation with another forum user when he mentioned archiving threads on the Moderator Board here, saying "we don't need to release it -- you don't even need to show it to me -- but it may be something that we're glad to have someday". I replied that I had thought about it before, but I didn't even know how to do it. He consulted with someone who knew how to archive and upload large html files and got back to me about it. I had no idea what he was talking about, so I voluntarily decided (in a ridiculous lapse of judgement) to give him my forum login information to use for moderator board access. I won't mention who that other guy was, because it's his choice if he wants to come clean, but he was the one who saved and uploaded all those modcave pages.

I had not really thought it through but I did not realize he would upload everything, especially so soon. I woke up the next morning to find that everything had exploded- I was not prepared for him to jump the gun like he did. I didn't know he was going to publish them for everyone to see, and I definitely didn't know he wasn't going to retract sensitive information (I'm not blaming him, I did give him the access, but I definitely wasn't expecting things to be done like this).

I immediately regretted my decision. It just seemed like a cool thing to do, like I was helping a friend do something. I did not realize the huge violation of trust that I had done, and I wanted it to go away. I thought If I could just ride out the storm, denying everything, then things would just go back to normal and I could put the entire incident behind me and never do it or even think about it again. I don't know who was trying to reset passwords or answering security questions but it isn't related to my account getting hacked, they were just convenient distractions.

In the last few days, I've made so many lies to people that I consider to be close and genuine friends. I'm very sorry. I didn't want to betray your trust, and it pained me deeply to do so, but I was so scared because honesty would mean losing my membership in a community I've been in for a full decade now. I'll admit I am scared here, because the Atlas community has been an important part of my life for so long and so helpful to me as well. You guys cheer me up and make me laugh no matter how depressed I am, and you offer so many ways to obsessively distract myself while I calm down from neverending manic trains of thought.

I also want to apologize to HockeyDude. I never meant for anyone to point the finger at you, and I'm sorry the evidence somehow pointed at you. This issue is widening the rift between two forums I have enjoyed greatly, and I'm tired of seeing it happen at my expense. Hence this confession.

I just wanted to make everyone happy, for everyone to like me, and in the end I leave here, having betrayed literally everyone who trusted me. I'm very sorry - I've literally been crying about this - and this is where my chain of thoughless actions has ended me up.

I wish the best to everyone. I love you guys and I will miss you all - I don't exactly think it will be cool for me to stick around anymore. I reiterate my apologies to everyone and for all the people I have hurt with this stupid and regrettable behavior. If anyone wants to stay in touch I've left my email below.

Goodbye everyone.

Justin Coleman
(remove every Q and space) jccQolQeQQmanQ7  @ gQmaiQlQ .com
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2015, 06:06:43 PM »

Jesus tap dancing Christ.......
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2015, 06:09:38 PM »

Sad We do love you, BK.  no matter what.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2015, 06:10:20 PM »

Wow. First off I'd like say that I really hope you don't leave, despite your actions. When we are in a bad place, we often feel like running away will help the situation. This is not the case normally. I hope you continue to maintain your support networks, which include Atlas.

I definitely blame the other party in this saga more, and I find it commendable that you are keeping that person's identity a secret: even after he betrayed your trust and seemingly mocked your gender identity under his AAD guise.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2015, 06:14:04 PM »

Sad We do love you, BK.  no matter what.

This (x4,735,173)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2015, 06:15:42 PM »

🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2015, 06:16:14 PM »

BK's been banned.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2015, 06:16:24 PM »

I definitely blame the other party in this saga more, and I find it commendable that you are keeping that person's identity a secret: even after he betrayed your trust and seemingly mocked your gender identity under his AAD guise.

this as well, yeah
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2015, 06:19:07 PM »

Get help, my friend. Seriously.

You are unquestionably a quality person, but not being medicated almost cost you your life not long ago. Losing face and a place to post is trivial in the extreme by comparison. Please take care.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2015, 06:20:07 PM »

Just get yourself better, BK. Please.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2015, 06:24:43 PM »

Undecided Good luck...
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2015, 06:25:50 PM »

Good luck BK. All the best. This has been an incredibly emotional roller coaster for me. We in the Cave were under a lot of stress, trying to do the right thing, not accuse without solid evidence, etc., and it took a heck of a lot of investigatory work.  But nothing like you were going through, BK. It must have been absolute hell.

I know about mental illness, and what it does. I don't put personal blame on you at all, and hope that we can still be friends, although I know you have much closer friends, many of them, around here.

Steve
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2015, 06:38:12 PM »

BK, you have always been a good friend to me on here and are one of the finest people I've met on the forum. I wish you the best in fighting off your demons and hope that you'll be back with us soon.

this as well, yeah

I totally agree with this.

And this to
And this too
Panda Express

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2015, 06:42:01 PM »

This has been an incredibly emotional roller coaster for me.

You're a brave man to endure this ordeal Roll Eyes
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2015, 06:46:12 PM »

This has been an incredibly emotional roller coaster for me.

You're a brave man to endure this ordeal Roll Eyes

It's the truth. Deal with it. As I said, it does pale in comparison with what BK went and is going through.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2015, 08:59:18 PM »

This has indeed been the close of a sad chapter. I have never regretted a ban of a poster more than this one.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2015, 09:19:36 PM »

This breaks my heart Sad.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2015, 09:31:32 PM »

This has indeed been the close of a sad chapter. I have never regretted a ban of a poster more than this one.

Ummm... okay just don't ban her them??
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2015, 09:32:53 PM »

Yeah, BK deserves to be stripped of her title, but not stripped of the forum as a whole.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2015, 09:33:29 PM »

I'm actually really torn up right now. All I can say is this:

True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2015, 09:47:29 PM »

Until BK can get her life back together, it's probably for the best she isn't here.  Hopefully it won't take long.  Of course, if we banned all posters until they got their lives back together, this would be an awfully quiet forum.  The difference is that most haven't so completely crashed.  At least she isn't Humpty Dumpty so she should be able to be put back together again.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2015, 11:12:38 PM »

Until BK can get her life back together, it's probably for the best she isn't here.  Hopefully it won't take long.  Of course, if we banned all posters until they got their lives back together, this would be an awfully quiet forum.  The difference is that most haven't so completely crashed.  At least she isn't Humpty Dumpty so she should be able to be put back together again.

minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2015, 06:19:25 AM »

Personal stuff is going to be said elsewhere and not on this forum (mentioning that here just so no one jumps on me for the next bit) but

I definitely didn't know he wasn't going to retract sensitive information
I think you meant 'redact'.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2015, 09:44:12 AM »

*hughughug*
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2015, 10:29:48 AM »

Ok, perhaps the context above was not clear. Regret that it had to come to this would be more accurate.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies