Bacon King Statement
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:05:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Bacon King Statement
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Bacon King Statement  (Read 3302 times)
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2015, 11:01:54 AM »

This has indeed been the close of a sad chapter. I have never regretted a ban of a poster more than this one.

Ummm... okay just don't ban her them??

Ok, perhaps the context above was not clear. Regret that it had to come to this would be more accurate.

it didn't.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2015, 11:05:36 AM »

This has indeed been the close of a sad chapter. I have never regretted a ban of a poster more than this one.

Ummm... okay just don't ban her them??

Ok, perhaps the context above was not clear. Regret that it had to come to this would be more accurate.

it didn't.

It most definitely did. Handing over your password and allowing a poster without credentials access to sensitive information and then lying about it is a massive violation. I don't really hold it against Bacon King on an emotional level and I accept that she regrets what she did, but that is really not the sort of activity that is acceptable on Atlas Forum.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2015, 11:13:48 AM »

From what I've read in his statement, BK obviously needs time off to sort out RL issues and we should be supportive, including keeping in touch (what I intend to do anyway).
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2015, 11:40:57 AM »

I question the degree to which one can seriously assert Bacon King is fully "responsible" for what he did, given his... issues. I agree that in a vaccum that yes, it would be rephensible and completely indefensible, but there are other factors at work here.

If we are talking courts of law, I doubt, given the extent of what he's said about his health issues, that he'd be held criminally liable or anything of that sort. Mitigating circumstances, more or less.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2015, 12:43:48 PM »

Not sure if you're here to read this now (so will post it over tuther place), but I think (and I think this sincerely) that you need someone to take over your life in order to keep you on the straight and narrow that is managing your condition. I'm worried for you right now.

---

What a fycking sordid mess this has turned out to be. There must be something fundamentally wrong with our collective 'community' (both boards are codependent, face it) because all of this is just not right.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2015, 12:51:47 PM »

There must be something fundamentally wrong with our collective 'community' (both boards are codependent, face it) because all of this is just not right.

Indeed. I fully realized this today, though I've had some doubts for years.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2015, 01:58:42 PM »

I wish you the best.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2015, 02:09:22 PM »

I question the degree to which one can seriously assert Bacon King is fully "responsible" for what he did, given his... issues. I agree that in a vaccum that yes, it would be rephensible and completely indefensible, but there are other factors at work here.

If we are talking courts of law, I doubt, given the extent of what he's said about his health issues, that he'd be held criminally liable or anything of that sort. Mitigating circumstances, more or less.

It just depends really. If BK was under the impression what he was doing was wrong, even with the issues going on in his life, he'd still be found guilty if he were to be put on trial. The only way he avoids liability is if his condition is so poor that he's unable to tell right from wrong and at the time he gave out his password, he didn't know his conduct was wrong. Otherwise, the law doesn't care, and you're still guilty.

As for BK, I said this over at AAD, and I'll say it here - this is much bigger than a mod position here or a membership there. From what BK has been saying lately, his life is in poor shape, and it saddens me to read some of the things he's posted. I do think he needs to focus on getting himself right more than anything else. This forum or any other forum should be the last thing on his mind. I don't want to wake up some day and hear something awful has happened to him.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies