What happens now in the Midwest?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:27:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  What happens now in the Midwest?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What happens now in the Midwest?  (Read 629 times)
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 22, 2015, 05:55:14 AM »

Governor TNF was captured after his "revolution". Now, is he still Governor?

If yes: who will open the thread for the recall vote? It should be held on July 29, but I doubt that TNF will open the voting booth. If not him, who can open the booth? The Archduke seat is vacant. At this point, it should be a duty of a Representative.

If no: there should still be the recall vote? Who take the responsabilities of the Governor?
The next regularly schedules elections will be held on September 17-21.
This is the constitution:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

The Archduke seat is vacant. At this point:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

The PPT shall be elected among the Representatives.
And don't forget that the Senator from the Midwest de-registered from the game.

Someone knows if TNF is still Governor or not?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2015, 05:58:09 AM »

I think he's still technically Governor, but, having been captured and held by the federal forces, he obviously can be considered incapacitated.

The President declaring Midwest placed under a temporary federal administration could be a good idea.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2015, 10:37:36 AM »

This is an informal statement, not a formal opinion, but I believe the gubernatorial seat cannot be "vacant" until TNF is convicted of a crime and summarily disbarred from holding an office (if that is the punishment chosen).  His crime is a federal matter, because, to my knowledge, the Midwest does not have any criminal law.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2015, 10:41:02 AM »

TNF resigned.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2015, 10:42:30 AM »

We've literally lost 80% of the major figures in the last two weeks
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2015, 11:17:59 AM »

We've literally lost 80% of the major figures in the last two weeks

Most of them will be back, eventually. This place is just too addictive, no matter what they're saying now.

The biggest problem with this game is taking things emotionally. This is something no reset, reboot not a con-con will fix Sad
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2015, 12:32:52 PM »

As of right now, I think the only elected officials in the Midwest are Brewer and Dereich, two members of the Alþing.  Does anyone have any evidence to the contrary?  That means that all officials in the Dude, Where's My Government Officer Amendment and the Holding Our Senators Accountable Amendment who are empowered to appoint temporary stand-ins for any of those positions are vacant.

As such, I believe the way forward is for Brewer and Dereich to choose one of them to become PPT.  This PPT will then immediately take over all of the responsibilities of the Governor and the Archduke, which will include the appointment of a temporary member of the Althing and temporary Regional Senator, and the administration within 10 days (presumably something like July 31-August 2) of a special election for Governor, Archduke, one of the Althing members, and Regional Senator.
rpryor03
Bahamas

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2015, 12:57:19 PM »

As of right now, I think the only elected officials in the Midwest are Brewer and Dereich, two members of the Alþing.  Does anyone have any evidence to the contrary?  That means that all officials in the Dude, Where's My Government Officer Amendment and the Holding Our Senators Accountable Amendment who are empowered to appoint temporary stand-ins for any of those positions are vacant.

As such, I believe the way forward is for Brewer and Dereich to choose one of them to become PPT.  This PPT will then immediately take over all of the responsibilities of the Governor and the Archduke, which will include the appointment of a temporary member of the Althing and temporary Regional Senator, and the administration within 10 days (presumably something like July 31-August 2) of a special election for Governor, Archduke, one of the Althing members, and Regional Senator.

It's Dereich, Gass, and RFayette in the Alþing.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2015, 01:02:01 PM »

It's Dereich, Gass, and RFayette in the Alþing.

Ah, my mistake; I didn't see that special election thread.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2015, 03:26:38 PM »

In such case, there's no need to any federal administration. Thanks for the in info, Verin Smiley
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies