Opinion of AAD: Yesterday vs. Today
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:04:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of AAD: Yesterday vs. Today
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Pre-Ban/Post-Ban
Positive/Positive

Positive/Negative

Negative/Positive

Negative/Negative

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 78

Author Topic: Opinion of AAD: Yesterday vs. Today  (Read 3799 times)
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2015, 07:28:45 PM »

Positive/Positive

As I said there, HockeyDude and xenogard are probably the people involved who handled this the BEST of anyone involved, and managed to avoid insane knee-jerk reactions and blatant hypocrisy.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2015, 12:19:54 AM »

As one might have expected based on who created it, the AAD culture is toxic. It's why I've never made a post there and why I don't plan on starting now. It's unfortunate that Lief is responsible for encouraging so much of that, because I like him and I enjoy his posts. It's equally a shame that Lewis has committed so wholly to that lot.

Yeah, we know you just made an account to creepily lurk on there constantly.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2015, 01:28:29 AM »

As one might have expected based on who created it, the AAD culture is toxic. It's why I've never made a post there and why I don't plan on starting now. It's unfortunate that Lief is responsible for encouraging so much of that, because I like him and I enjoy his posts. It's equally a shame that Lewis has committed so wholly to that lot.

Yeah, we know you just made an account to creepily lurk on there constantly.

Strangely enough, I'm not looking for your approval!
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2015, 12:36:08 PM »

How would the events of the last few days influence my opinion of AAD? It remains a place where people can talk freely. I might disapprove of the actions of a few people but that doesn't reflect on the venue in which they're   being awful.

People here, however, never fail to quake, grovel, and whine about literally everything. Button up that shirt and straighten your ties, there's talkings to do on the Atlas!
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2015, 01:39:38 PM »

Can someone link me to posts explaining exactly what happened?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2015, 03:08:04 PM »

Positive/Even more positive. The incompetent staff here, who seem to want to actively damage the forum and community, could learn a lot from how AAD handled things.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2015, 03:35:20 PM »

Positive/Even more positive. The incompetent staff here, who seem to want to actively damage the forum and community, could learn a lot from how AAD handled things.

Thanks for the support Bro. Good luck on the NY Bar Exam. I took it the same time last year. One silver lining, is that the Multistate Exam was easier than the practice ones in the BARBEI course. To the extent you can, try to be up on Family Law, and Inheritance/Will/Trusts stuff, and know the application of the Rule Against Perpetuities cold. I found that stuff the most stressful on the exam. And also those silly little rules in Article 2 about delivery of goods versus when contracts are formed, and are terminable.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2015, 03:37:51 PM »

Thanks for the support Bro. Good luck on the NY Bar Exam. I took it the same time last year. One silver lining, is that the Multistate Exam was easier than the practice ones in the BARBEI course. To the extent you can, try to be up on Family Law, and Inheritance/Will/Trusts stuff, and know the application of the Rule Against Perpetuities cold. I found that stuff the most stressful on the exam. And also those silly little rules in Article 2 about delivery of goods versus when contracts are formed, and are terminable.

Haha, coincidentally, those three things (family law, wills/estates, and UCC distinctions) are basically all I've been studying today so far. Thank you for the well wishes (and I hope that you know that I have nothing against you personally, just very severe disagreements wrt moderating styles).
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2015, 03:39:20 PM »

Haha, coincidentally, those three things (family law, wills/estates, and UCC distinctions) are basically all I've been studying today so far.

I never said you weren't smart now did I?  Smiley
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2015, 04:14:31 PM »

basically:

- tweed manipulates bq into giving him her password and uses this to gain access to the modcave (and also read bq's private messages
- he then asks adam griffin how to go about hosting a record of the modcave. griff gives some generic advice about wordpress or whatever. worth noting that griff did not know about how the info was obtained, nor that tweed was planning to release it without redacting personal info like ip addresses etc
- tweed (as "@modcaveleaks2015") posts links to the (as mentioned, entirely unfiltered) leaks on aad. also mocks bq's gender identity in passing.
- bq realizes pretty much immediately that she messed up, initially tries to claim she was hacked, but soon admits to what happened. all three posters are banned from atlas.
- aftermath: griff is mad about being unjustly banned, bq is aggressively apologetic, tweed continues to be a slimy little sht
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2015, 10:05:43 PM »

basically:

- tweed manipulates bq into giving him her password and uses this to gain access to the modcave (and also read bq's private messages
- he then asks adam griffin how to go about hosting a record of the modcave. griff gives some generic advice about wordpress or whatever. worth noting that griff did not know about how the info was obtained, nor that tweed was planning to release it without redacting personal info like ip addresses etc
- tweed (as "@modcaveleaks2015") posts links to the (as mentioned, entirely unfiltered) leaks on aad. also mocks bq's gender identity in passing.
- bq realizes pretty much immediately that she messed up, initially tries to claim she was hacked, but soon admits to what happened. all three posters are banned from atlas.
- aftermath: griff is mad about being unjustly banned, bq is aggressively apologetic, tweed continues to be a slimy little sht

Indeed, I think it's pretty safe to say that Tweed would've still leaked the info regardless of what Adam said. 
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies