Irish general election, 26th Feb 2016
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:28:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Irish general election, 26th Feb 2016
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 29
Author Topic: Irish general election, 26th Feb 2016  (Read 98078 times)
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: January 30, 2016, 12:56:46 PM »

(cont)

That leaves the final seat between four possibilities: 1) Peter Matthews (IND), 2) Alex White (LAB), 3) Mary White (FF) and 4) Fine Gael winning two seats. I'll discuss these in turn. Peter Matthews was elected in 2011 for Fine Gael with the third first preference total in the entire count just behind Mitchell and Ross but was elected on the eighth and final count just under quota. However, in 2013 he was one of a bunch of TD who left Fine Gael over the abortion issue. He then, as was typical for that group, joined the Reform Alliance group of TD whose figurehead was Lucinda Creighton. However, he did not decide to sign up when the Reform Alliance transformed itself to Renua preferring to stick it out as an independent. Matthews is a former chartered accountant and commentator on business issues. He is also a strong Catholic as his position on abortion indicates but, unusually for that group, has shown sympathy to Catholic 'social justice' type rhetoric in the past and that might be possibly why he didn't join with Renua, a very openly neo-liberal project. Matthews is Dundrum based and is essentially fishing from the same pool of voters as Fine Gael and has the troublesome posters to show it. Compared to Shane Ross though he is fairly silent and at least in my neck of the woods, not very locally active. The prognosis on his chances is not positive and I would share this view, he's competing already with Shane Ross for the FG/conservative inclined independent vote and with Fine Gael with the 'party vote' and the 'government vote' and it is difficult to see what he particularly brings to the table. However, as 2011 proved, he does have some personal vote but he will need to improve upon it massively to be re-elected.

Second prospect is Labour's Alex White. I have already noted that Labour's position here is better than it is in many other constituencies however, as I also pointed out, Labour had a poor record in the old Dublin South and only won a seat in exceptionally good years for Labour. And while we can currently doubt many of the outcomes of the 2016 election, we can't doubt that 2016 is not going to be a good year for Labour. This is compounded by the fact that White had a Rathfarnham base, which is now outside the constituency. Because of this it was thought that White might move to Dublin South West to compete there but instead decided to stay put and move his constituency office not his seat from Rathfarnham to Dundrum. Alex White is from the more 'Social Justice' inclined element in the party and his biography plays to that stereotype: An ex-student Trot and leading Student Unionist who was later active in the trade unions while working for RTE (state broadcaster). When Eamonn Gilmore resigned the Labour leadership following the 2014 local election disaster he put himself forward as a potential replacement but offered nothing but 'continuity Gilmore-ism' (although he was never a stickie) and was defeated heavily by Joan Burton, a more 'Old Labour' sort of candidate. Since July, he has been minister of Communications, Energy, and Natural Resources but has a pretty middling profile. However even in 2011 he showed little sign of a personal vote with Labour recording only 17% between two candidates at the election, one of their worst results in Dublin (although nearly everywhere they would settle for that this election). He, like all other Labour candidates, will be short of transfers and so would probably need at least equal if not improve on that 17% to have a chance given that the quota is now 25%+1. I would say that given the circumstances of 2016 is rather unlikely. I suspect that unlike some Labour incumbents he won't be humiliated but his prospects of re-election are pretty poor none the same.

Third on this list is the Fianna Fail candidate and another White, Mary White. In 2011 Fianna Fail what was iirc their second worst result in the entire country when Maria Corrigan, who was also a sitting senator, got only 9.6% of first preferences. Therefore they have a lot to build upon to win again when the quota is going to be 25%+1. White is a former businesswoman, founder of a Chocolate production company, who has been a senator since the 2002 election. As her posters keep reminding us she is the only Fianna Fail representative in the whole Oireachtas on the Southside of Dublin, a technical non-truth as senators don't represent geography constituencies but advertising herself as 'Senator on the Industrial and Commercial panel' is not quite as attractive to local voters. White, while somewhat unknown nationally or even locally, has a big reputation within Fianna Fail and that reputation won her the party nomination for this constituency over some long standing and 'respected' councillors. She has been around a while and at 71 is considerably the oldest in the race (which isn't exactly full of young uns'). Notably she put herself forward for Fianna Fail's 2011 presidential election nomination hoping to make it a hattrick of Mary's who reached the presidency before Fianna Fail decided one national humiliation was enough for one year and decided not to run anyone at all in that race. White is being tipped by many to win the third seat and certainly Fianna Fail are pushing hard here with endless PUBLIC MEETING posters with her face on it to get around the law against putting up posters before the election is called. However I am skeptical and the reason I'm skeptical is simply maths. Fianna Fail are polling nationally only a bit better than they did in 2011 when they won 17% of the national first preference vote. In that election they had an appalling result in Dublin South winning no seats in a five seater (and Maria Corrigan was not by any means a terrible candidate). It is generally agreed that they will do worse in Dublin than in the rest of the country. Furthermore the party is still transfer toxic - as the by-elections proved - and is unlikely to pick up much beyond their First Preference Vote, which probably means White will need ~18-19% of the FPV to get elected. Unless she proves herself a phenomenal campaigner in the next month or Fianna Fail's polling position improves considerably I think that is unlikely. She has a chance but not I think a strong one

So that leaves the final option on my list and who I think will win the final seat, Fine Gael's second candidate whether Madigan or Shatter. Fine Gael have a couple of advantages here, demographically this is a good seat for them and is one of those where the recovery is better felt than in others. Furthermore, they will benefit from transfers from Labour, Matthews, and Shane Ross' surplus (as happened in 2011) unlike their rival candidates who will struggle for preferences. All of their rivals have obvious problems and limitations so for now I think this should be taken as the most likely option. As long as they run slightly under the 36% they got last time and are able to balance out their vote between both candidates (and FG's vote management skills are good) then they should be able to overtake Mary White in the final counts. So that's my prediction: 2FG 1IND and I hoped you enjoyed it because this has taken three hours to write Tongue.
ObserverIE
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -1.04

« Reply #76 on: January 30, 2016, 02:04:39 PM »

Matthews is a former chartered accountant and commentator on business issues. He is also a strong Catholic as his position on abortion indicates but, unusually for that group, has shown sympathy to Catholic 'social justice' type rhetoric in the past and that might be possibly why he didn't join with Renua, a very openly neo-liberal project.

Ironically, Mathews was probably the last Garret-style actual social democrat in FG (using social democrat in its economic sense rather than as the Irish media's euphemism for right-wing social liberal). It's just that he didn't seem to notice before joining FG that it had moved back to the right economically.

I don't, by the way, see much that is Catholic or Christian about a party proposing to raise the tax burden on the least well off in order to give massive tax breaks to the wealthiest in society and make up the difference by cutting social expenditure to ribbonsdynamic growth.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

He told this website that the poster was defaced, with a line put through independent and “Fine Gael, don’t vote for this man” written in its place. Mathews has since removed the graffiti.

“It’s not quite the same yellow [used in the poster],” he continued, adding that the division between the colours is also different and that he “achieved a completely different poster”.

[/quote]

LOL
ObserverIE
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #77 on: January 30, 2016, 02:10:34 PM »
« Edited: January 30, 2016, 02:16:27 PM by ObserverIE »

Her father was a prominent FF councillor and property-tax bore back in the day.

I fully expect Rathdown to go FG 2 + Ross. If the South Dublin haut bourgeois fail to reward the party that has run the country in their sole interests for the last five years, then they really are an ungrateful bunch of bastards. Wink
ObserverIE
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #78 on: January 30, 2016, 02:25:57 PM »

I have no idea how Terence Flanagan (Renua) or Sen. Power (i) are likely to do - but I presume they'll get squeezed out in the massive field.

Flanagan got 12,000 votes last time out. Now a lot of that will have been the FG party vote but I noticed he got a positive mention from the Irish Times focus group mentioned earlier. He may well surprise.

I am confident that Adorable Averil will get the response she so richly deserves.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #79 on: January 30, 2016, 03:06:49 PM »
« Edited: January 30, 2016, 03:08:28 PM by Oakvale »

I'll do the same as Gully and rip off Jas's format shamelessly, although I'm far too lazy to even come close to the level of detail either of you have put into this.

Dublin Central

Candidates

Fine Gael   Paschal Donohoe TD
Labour   Joe Costello TD
Fianna Fáil   Mary Fitzpatrick
Sinn Féin   Mary Lou McDonald TD
AAA-PBP   Diana O'Dwyer
Renua ()      Jacqui Gilbourne (?)
SocDems    Cllr. Gary Gannon
Green ()     Ian Noel Smyth
DDI ()  Cormac McKay
Worker's Party () Cllr. Éilis Ryan

Independents     Maureen O'Sullivan TD
                         Cllr. Christy Burke, Lord Mayor of Dublin
                         Cllr. Cieran Perry
                         Andrew Kelly (Postmaster's candidate)
                         Catherine Maher (The Human Fund)

One of the most entertaining constituencies in the country, Dublin Central has been reduced to just three seats this time around, which means one of the sitting TDs is going to be booted out. Most likely this will be Labour's Joe Costello, who although with a long established history in the constituency and respectable personal popularity is exceedingly unlikely to be able to overcome the plunge in the Labour vote nationally.

Fine Gael's candidate is Paschal Donohoe, who's currently the Minister for Transport. On first glance it's tempting to suggest that he's going to face a scrap for the third seat given the constituency profile but I'm not so sure. He's probably the most visible incumbent (more on this in a moment) and I'd go as far as to say there's an outside chance he tops the poll again (with a reduced vote) due to the sheer number of opposition candidates running. That said, boundary changes hurt Donohoe's chances but I'm confident he has a seat - the question is just in what order he's elected.

Sinn Féin's candidate is Mary Lou McDonald, heir to the mantle of cult leader. Tragically, she is safe and if my ~crazy and counterintiutive~ suggestion of Donohoe topping the poll does not come to pass it will be McDonald who does so.

Fianna Fáil's candidate is Mary Fitzpatrick, a former councillor who was FF's candidate in the 2011 general election and for the European Parliament in 2014. In 2011, she surpassed expectations to lose the final seat to Mary Lou McDonald, largely due to the fact that she was famously loathed by Bertie Ahern's "Drumcondra Mafia". While Fitzpatrick may have some residual respect for her battles against that now-toxic brand it's unlikely to be enough to put her in contention given the still-dismal performance of FF in Dublin generally.

Boundary changes hurt Fitzpatrick here - the Navan Road, which was reliably FF in years past (less so in 2011 for obvious reasons) is now mostly in Dublin West. Home of said mafia, Drumcondra, is also no longer part of Dublin Central.

The Alphabet Soup Faction candidate is Diana O'Dwyer, a left-wing activist and academic. She will serve only to siphon off a few preferences from the more prominent anti-government candidates.

The Flat Taxes And Foetuses candidate is, possibly, Jacqui Gilbourne, a random woman off the street. I cannot confirm if she's actually standing or not but is a safe bet for tangling with the Freeman On The Land candidate for the wooden spoon.

The Be Like Denmark candidate is  Gary Gannon, a (young-ish)councillor since 2014. Gannon's candidacy is fascinating and is a fundamental part of what I think is the overlooked story of this constituency. I'll leave this until the end.

The Green candidate, Ian Noel Smyth, is an architect and businessman. He will make no impact.

The DDI - Direct Democracy Ireland, a "freeman on the land" cult, is running Cormac McKay, a random guy off the street. While he's apparently attempting to run on a more generic platform of "anti-austerity", the banks etc. rather than conspiracies about the Jews, he will likely finish dead last unless he can somehow get a few of the generic protest votes.

Hahaha, the Worker's Party, back from the dead, is running Councillor Éilis Ryan. This is incredible - she was elected in 2014 on the most utterly generic vaguely lefty platform imaginable - I think her main proposal was to have more trees and maybe a street market once a month. Bizarrely, she joined the undead Worker's Party last year.

Ryan is, in other words, pretty much the stereotypical Dublin Labour member but has presumably joined this tankie death cult in the hopes of capturing the lucrative anti-government vote. I hope she canvasses my house so I can ask if they're still friends with North Korea.

The Independents are Councillor Cieran Perry, (republican left-wing), Councillor Christie Burke, the Lord Mayor (republican left-wing), Maureen O'Sullivan, ('Gregory' left-wing), Catherine Maher, a left-winger running for "United People", which just reminds me of George Costanza's "The Human Fund - Money For People", and Andrew Kelly (running on the platform of keeping the local post office open).

The third seat will almost certain go to one of these (Kelly and Maher probably excepted). The Irish Times expects O'Sullivan to be re-elected, but I'm not so sure. She's largely invisible, except once every five years, and the fabled "Gregory" vote was declining even before the man himself died.

(For our foreign readers, Tony Gregory was a left-wing independent TD for the constituency from 1982 until his death in 2009, mostly famous for the "Gregory deal" in which he sold his vote for a lot of money for the deprived inner city from Charles Haughey in return for supporting the short-lived and disastrous seven month Fianna Fáil government of 1982. Upon his untimely death, his former election agent, Maureen O'Sullivan, a teacher, was comfortably elected in a by-election to take the seat as the "Gregory candidate".)

There's also, as I mentioned above, a split in said "Gregory vote" - there was some hilarious squabbling over Gary Gannon a, (you guessed it) left-wing independent, claiming the "Gregory" mantle in the local elections in 2014, and now he's running as the Soc Dem candidate, endorsed by the late TD's brother, Noel. I think it's unlikely that Gannon wins but I can see him doing enough damage to O'Sullivan to knock her out and let one of the other lefties (I'd expect Perry or Burke) to take the seat.

Read more about this bizarre split in the Gregory group here - http://www.thejournal.ie/gary-gannon-election-poster-1432219-Apr2014/. Great stuff!

It will probably be the Gannon-O'Sullivan fight that defines who grabs the third seat -- Cieran Perry (one of my neighbours!) could be in with a shot, as could Christy Burke, who didn't do particularly well last time but has a much increased profile as a result of serving as Lord Mayor.

One factor that will help O'Sullivan's chances is that she's the definition of transfer-friendly, so if the random left-wing independents are knocked out she'll be in with a good shot of taking the third seat. I have no idea what's going to happen here.

RTÉ prediction: 1 FG, 1 SF, 1 Ind.
Irish Times prediction:  1 FG, 1 SF, 1 Ind.
Oakvale's Brave Prediction: 1 FG (Donohoe), 1 SF (McDonald), 1 Ind. (Who the hell knows)

ObserverIE
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #80 on: January 30, 2016, 04:56:11 PM »
« Edited: January 30, 2016, 05:05:48 PM by ObserverIE »

Hahaha, the Worker's Party, back from the dead, is running Councillor Éilis Ryan. This is incredible - she was elected in 2014 on the most utterly generic vaguely lefty platform imaginable - I think her main proposal was to have more trees and maybe a street market once a month. Bizarrely, she joined the undead Worker's Party last year.

Ryan is, in other words, pretty much the stereotypical Dublin Labour member but has presumably joined this tankie death cult in the hopes of capturing the lucrative anti-government vote. I hope she canvasses my house so I can ask if they're still friends with North Korea.

My understanding is that a group of leftish non-Trot activists (associated Marxists, anarchists, etc.) joined the moribund local franchise of the Workers' Party en masse with the knowledge of the party leadership. I think the candidate in Dublin North West may be another member of the group.

Ryan is not a tankie but she is probably well to the left of the platform she got elected on.

I suppose the retro air of 70s Stalinism may have an appeal in hipster-infested Stoneybatter.
Kevinstat

« Reply #81 on: January 30, 2016, 06:43:14 PM »
« Edited: February 01, 2016, 04:54:23 PM by Kevinstat »

Either way as the commission created four county agglomerations like the new Sligo-Leitrim(-South Donegal-East Cavan) constituencies in Dublin old constituency boundaries crossing county council boundaries were eliminated.

Assuming that by "Dublin old constituency boundaries" you mean the traditional/ceremonial/whatever you call it County Dublin, there are actually the same number of boundary crossings as before.  The Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown--"South Dublin" breach is eliminated, but there is still a Dublin City-"South Dublin" crossing with Dublin South-West (which could technically be called two crossings, as the equivalent (in that area) old and new constituency boundaries touch the council boundary in Walkinstown).  And there will now be three constituencies which cross the Dublin City-Fingal boundary, with Dublin West joining Dublin North-West and Dublin North-East -> Dublin Bay North.  The Dublin City-Fingal boundary is coincident with a constituency boundary for a bit more of it's course though, as the new Dublin Bay North-Dublin North Fingal (odd name I'll agree) boundary follows the council boundary (apart from some traffic islands/medians) from the northeast corner of Dublin North West to where the council boundary dips to the south to include Howth Head and Sutton in Fingal.

A breach of the Donegal-Leitrim boundary was practically unavoidable (County Donegal with 5 TDs would have been at +7.47% in a 153-seat Dáil, while County Donegal with 6 TDs would have been at -6.35% in a 160-seat Dáil), and a breach of the external boundary of Cavan-Monaghan even more so (within the largest deviation accepted by past commissions (7.89%, from 1980 on probably) only for a 5-seater with 159 and 160 TDs overall, but still +6.78% in a 160-seat Dáil, the "best case scenario").  Counties Donegal and Cavan are both in Ulster, but not sharing a border I know so I think a "Leitrim bridge" made sense as long as County Leitrim wasn't divided (people there have been through enough).  What might have been better is to make Donegal North-East (possibly renamed Donegal North) a four-seater, put the rest of Donegal in a 3-seat (South )Donegal-Leitrim(-West Cavan) (covering all of Leitrim this time, unlike Cormac Breslin's old constituency, which was a functional 2-seater in 1969 and 1973), pair Sligo with (north)East Mayo for 3 seats, with the rest of Mayo being a 4-seater, and pair Roscommon with Galway for 11 seats, like in the actual plan but without any of Mayo thrown in.  That would have resulted in a 29th seat for Connaght-Ulster (it had 28.8348/158 or 29.0173/159 of the ROI's population as of the 2011 census), which would have either had to come from somewhere else (Munster plus Leinster outside Dublin had 85.3261/158 of the country's population as of the 2011 census but will have 86 seats in the next Dáil (both the new Offaly constituency and the outgoing Tipperary North constituency breach the Offaly-Tipperary and thus the Leinster-Munster boundary)) or be a 159th seat.  The largest population per TD ratio in constituencies not affected by my suggestion was in Dublin North-West, which would have goon from +3.92% to +4.58% with the addition of a 159th seat overall.  I don't know if having an even number of TDs once the Ceann Comhairle was elected would be a serious drawback though.

The north-south extent of my Donegal-Leitrim would be even greater than the actual new Sligo-Leitrim, which I know some here have complained about.  It would only contain all or part of three counties though.  The average population per TD (as of 2011) in Cavan, Monaghan, Leitrim and Donegal would be 29,691, while the population of the incoming Cavan-Monaghan constituency is 30,121 (the average for Cavan, Monaghan, Leitrim, Donegal and Sligo under the actual plan is 30,153).  Not the direction you'd want to go in if you're concerned about Cavan being split too deeply, but maybe the population of Cavan-Monaghan being allowed to be smaller could have allowed Belturbet to go with West Cavan in exchange for some geographically smaller but less populous territory that would have made more sense remaining in Cavan-Monaghan.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #82 on: January 30, 2016, 07:48:01 PM »

My understanding is that a group of leftish non-Trot activists (associated Marxists, anarchists, etc.) joined the moribund local franchise of the Workers' Party en masse with the knowledge of the party leadership. I think the candidate in Dublin North West may be another member of the group.

Ryan is not a tankie but she is probably well to the left of the platform she got elected on.

I suppose the retro air of 70s Stalinism may have an appeal in hipster-infested Stoneybatter.

Yeah it's fitting you say that since I'd pegged Ryan as basically the "Stoneybatter" candidate although frankly I'm annoyed at the vastly overblown narrative about the place. It's still pretty rough, regardless of how many Guardian pieces about "Williamsburg on the Liffey" get published.

I don't know her personal views of course but I do stand by saying she'd be a softest pink Labour candidate if this was five years ago.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #83 on: February 01, 2016, 10:02:10 AM »

The Irish Postmasters' Union has decided to withdraw its four candidates

In the words of so many analysts here over the years, this changes everything.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #84 on: February 02, 2016, 11:39:03 AM »

MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #85 on: February 02, 2016, 03:02:23 PM »

Excuse my ignorance, but is TD the Irish equivalent of a MP?

Tsomething Dail?
lilTommy

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -5.04

« Reply #86 on: February 02, 2016, 03:20:23 PM »

Excuse my ignorance, but is TD the Irish equivalent of a MP?

Tsomething Dail?

Yup, "Teachta Dála" I think it translates to Deputy or Assembly delegate... wikipedia helped Tongue
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #87 on: February 03, 2016, 05:00:10 AM »

The 31st Dáil has been dissolved.

The General Election has been confirmed for Friday, 26 February.

The 32nd Dáil will convene on Thursday, 10 March.

Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #88 on: February 03, 2016, 05:16:36 AM »

Quote from: Restricted

https://twitter.com/MHealyRae
ObserverIE
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #89 on: February 03, 2016, 08:33:02 AM »

For any masochists around:

http://www.rte.ie/news/election-2016/candidates/
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #90 on: February 03, 2016, 09:02:36 AM »

http://www.rte.ie/news/election-2016/candidates/754246-michael-stroke-fahy/

^ never heard a Galway accent before. pretty interesting.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #91 on: February 03, 2016, 09:16:26 AM »
« Edited: February 03, 2016, 07:06:16 PM by Tetro Kornbluth »

The battle for my last preference has been BLOWN WIDE OPEN by the decision at the last minute for RENUA to run a candidate in my constituency. His name is Alan Daveron and is apparently "a solicitor [who] has represented a number of clients in mortgage arrears". The competition between him, the SF candidate, and Mary White is going to be intense.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #92 on: February 03, 2016, 03:56:05 PM »

I've never followed an Irish election before, but I've spent a few days reading about your completely ludicrous party system, including reading this thread and its 2011 predecessor, and while I don't really have much to add I must say that I'm greatly enjoying the individual constituency overviews/the discussion here as a whole and I'm quite excited for the election Smiley
ObserverIE
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #93 on: February 03, 2016, 08:11:10 PM »

...and we have the first poll of the election campaign proper, Ipsos/MRBI for the Irish Times:

FG 28 (-2)
FF 21 (+2)
SF 19 (-2)
Ind/Oth 16 (+1)
Lab 7 (-)
SP/SWP 4 (+2)
SD 2 (-)
GP 2 (-)
Renua 1 (-1)
ObserverIE
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #94 on: February 03, 2016, 09:36:05 PM »

The battle for my last preference has been BLOWN WIDE OPEN by the decision at the last minute for RENUA to run a candidate in my constituency. His name is Alan Daveron and is apparently "a solicitor [who] has represented a number of clients in mortgage arrears". The competition between him, the SF candidate, and Mary White is going to be intense.

He seems to be the brother or husband of the Galway West candidate. Both work for the same solicitors' firm, although one claims to be based in Galway and the other in Dublin.

http://photos.galwaynews.ie/aetopia/WebObjects/CTShop.woa/3/wa/p?cl=ctEwxF9NpWgKMbE5-NNwdg..a&wosid=ZwA4kHgFbtQgNQzM2ktTbg&woinst=3&ts=fPFLoezswHGyHG54uG-8Qw..a
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #95 on: February 04, 2016, 09:53:39 AM »

For my mom's paternal line, in Waterford:

46 Green (Grace O'Sullivan)
36 PBP (Una Dunphy)
32 SF (David Cullinane)
31 IA (John Halligan)
29 FG (John Deasy)
29 FG (Paudie Coffey)
28 FF (Mary Butler)
27 Labour (Ciará Conway)
12 Mailo Power (Renua)
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #96 on: February 04, 2016, 10:21:31 AM »

45 FG (Madigan)
37 Green
37 SF (lol)
35 Lab
34 Peter Matthews
29 FF
29 FG (Shatter)
4 Ross

Don't have the Renua candidate yet but I'm sure he would be close to Ross.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #97 on: February 04, 2016, 10:37:42 AM »

Speaking of my constituency incumbent independent TD (and candidate in this election) Peter Matthews has been diagnosed with cancer. He still intends to contest.

I wish him all the best in his recovery.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #98 on: February 04, 2016, 11:14:55 AM »
« Edited: February 04, 2016, 11:18:49 AM by Oakvale »

FG: 41
Lab: 34
Green: 26
FF: 25
O'Sullivan: 24
Worker's (!) : 23
Soc Dem: 23
Alphabet Soup: 22
Perry: 22
SF: 20
Burke: 17
DDI: 12

Bizarrely, the only candidate I agreed with on rent controls "certainty" was the Postmaster's candidate, who's now dropped out.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #99 on: February 04, 2016, 11:29:34 AM »

I picked Dublin South Rathdown because I felt like it best represented my demographic profile.

Green 37
Fine Gael (Madigan) 35
Sinn Féin 35
Mathews (ex-FG) 34
Fine Gael (Shatter) 29
Labour 29
Fianna Fáil 25
Shane Ross 8
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 29  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length