Do you support the bans of Tweed, BK and AdamGriffin? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:51:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Do you support the bans of Tweed, BK and AdamGriffin? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do you support the bans of Tweed, BK and AdamGriffin?
Yes, all three

Only Tweed

Only BK

Only AdamGriffin

Both Tweed and BK

Both Tweed and AdamGriffin

Both BK and AdamGriffin

None of them

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 123

Author Topic: Do you support the bans of Tweed, BK and AdamGriffin?  (Read 4485 times)
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: July 23, 2015, 05:08:13 PM »

Cross-posted:

Personal info was leaked, which I think explains in part why the moderators-- or at least some of them-- seem to be taking such a hard line on this. They're angry that those sorts of things were leaked, and that Bacon King told them he had been hacked when he'd actually given the password to Tweed. In a way it's somewhat reminiscent of the circumstances behind my banning where the moderators were effectively led on a wild goose chase. They weren't too pleased about that-- and I had misled them about something much more minor than their own personal and sensitive information being leaked. I can understand why they're reacting like this.

For BK I imagine things will improve with time. For AG it would really come down to just how much he knew about what Tweed was doing.

I want to make it clear that these decisions were not made based on any emotional reaction.  The situation was upsetting for the same reason the bans were necessary -- it was a complicated, elaborate violation and breach of trust.  That made it an urgent situation which necessitated putting stop-gap measures (provisional bans) into place.

In other words, this wasn't a matter of punishment; this was a matter of restraint and crisis management.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies