Do you support the bans of Tweed, BK and AdamGriffin? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:55:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Do you support the bans of Tweed, BK and AdamGriffin? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do you support the bans of Tweed, BK and AdamGriffin?
Yes, all three

Only Tweed

Only BK

Only AdamGriffin

Both Tweed and BK

Both Tweed and AdamGriffin

Both BK and AdamGriffin

None of them

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 123

Author Topic: Do you support the bans of Tweed, BK and AdamGriffin?  (Read 4488 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« on: July 23, 2015, 05:08:00 PM »

Nor does common sense, apparently.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2015, 10:48:20 AM »
« Edited: July 25, 2015, 11:54:17 AM by Winter has come »

- Tweed should be permabanned and there really is no legitimate argument one can make for letting him stay or come back in the future.  TNF already perfectly explained why Tweed shouldn't be allowed to remain in this community.

- From the information available, I personally don't think BK should be permabanned, but the stopgap ban was perfectly understandable given the circumstances.  That said, Dave is clearly a thoughtful and reasonable guy from what I've seen and the best thing is probably to wait to here what he even ends up deciding.

- Griffin is a tougher case because we (the community at-large) don't know what we don't know.  The impression I got from the way that the mods have discussed this is that there is more to this case than just the info that has been made public and that a final verdict hasn't been reached (I believe Alcon has said repeatedly that this was stopgap measure).  That said, it also sounds like (from the bits of info that are public) there is at least some legitimate evidence that Griffin knew what Tweed was doing and didn't tell anyone, may've somehow tried to cover up or have been dishonest about his role in the modleaks stuff, and was willing to help Tweed set up that website.  

Ultimately, the community (myself included) just don't know enough of the information and evidence to make some snap judgement here, whether it be that Griffin deserved to be banned or that he didn't deserve to be banned.  There are clearly important details that we don't know yet.  Waiting for Dave and the mods to get around to carefully debating this case doesn't feel as good emotionally as taking a side and making definitive or belligerent statements, but upon further reflection, reserving judgement until we know more of the facts is really the best thing the community at-large can do in Griffin's case even if for no other reason than we simply don't know enough to do anything else at this point.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies