Jeb Bush: "We need to figure out a way to phase out" Medicare
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:21:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Jeb Bush: "We need to figure out a way to phase out" Medicare
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Jeb Bush: "We need to figure out a way to phase out" Medicare  (Read 1398 times)
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 23, 2015, 03:28:00 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/07/jeb-bush-defends-medicare-benefits-phase-out-comment-entitlement-120546.html#ixzz3gkRru6v0

This is why the Republican Establishment want Bush - and among the reasons for why ( whether they'd admit it or not) many in the Republican base are against him.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2015, 03:30:09 PM »

I think we do need to reform medicare. Congressman Paul Ryan's medicare reform plan is the best one I've seen, but President Obama cut medicare and then attacked Ryan much like I'm sure some will attack Jeb Bush for wanted to save medicare.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2015, 03:35:15 PM »

Just in time for my upcoming retirement.  I guess my wife and I will have to work until age 80 under Jeb's plan.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2015, 03:42:40 PM »

Just in time for my upcoming retirement.  I guess my wife and I will have to work until age 80 under Jeb's plan.

Jeb Bush has not yet put forth a specific plan on medicare, but he has voiced support for Congressman Paul Ryan's reforms.

By the way, President Obama cut medicare by $500 billion. Thanks to Jeb Bush's brother, when you retire, you'll have prescription drug coverage under medicare Part D.

The choice will likely be between Jeb Bush, who will pursue reforms like those put forth by Congressman Ryan, and Hillary Clinton, who will oppose Bush & Ryan but propose no alternative, and we can't afford that.

Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2015, 03:46:27 PM »

Keep in mind that Medicare is set to remain solvent until 2030.  I'm all for long term planning, but Republican fearmongering over this is exaggerated.

Anyway, this is a terrible soundbite.  Bush needs to get that mouth of his under control.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2015, 03:59:09 PM »

Keep in mind that Medicare is set to remain solvent until 2030.  I'm all for long term planning, but Republican fearmongering over this is exaggerated.

Anyway, this is a terrible soundbite.  Bush needs to get that mouth of his under control.
Remind me again which party put out the ad showing an evil republican throwing granny off a cliff?
Retrumplican
Rookie
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2015, 04:45:13 PM »

By the way, President Obama cut medicare by $500 billion. Thanks to Jeb Bush's brother, when you retire, you'll have prescription drug coverage under medicare Part D.

Wait a minute. If you are going to give Jeb credit for things his brother did, you can't just pick and choose what parts of Dubya's record to hang around Jeb's neck. It's either all or nothing. Both the good and the bad. And I don't think that's a record that Jeb wants to stand on.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2015, 04:55:31 PM »

If Bush can come up with an actual privatization plan that's more than "Here's some money, tough luck if no one will insure you", then I'm willing to give it an honest look. But pretending that elderly people don't need guranteed care from some govt. run or adequately regulated source is simply not acceptable.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2015, 04:59:16 PM »

Lol Dudeabis thinks that George Bush jnr was the second coming of Reagan so give him some slack
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2015, 05:01:20 PM »

indeed. Combine this with his 'people need to work longer' and Hillary's general election ads write themselves
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2015, 05:10:36 PM »

Republicans try to monetize everything, to make everything profitable.

The fact is, there is no way to make taking care of elderly people profitable. There is no way to make changing the diapers of invalids a cash cow.

We just have to accept that and either swallow the cost or let old people die in the streets.
Retrumplican
Rookie
United States

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2015, 05:26:33 PM »

Republicans try to monetize everything, to make everything profitable.

Donald Trump can make it profitable. And it's true, ANYTHING can be made profitable. It is just a question of who it is made profitable for. Always.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2015, 06:13:32 PM »

The one constituency he needs, in FL, he managed to offend. The AARP proudly supports Hilarycare insurance.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2015, 07:07:26 PM »

The one constituency he needs, in FL, he managed to offend. The AARP proudly supports Hilarycare insurance.

The AARP whispers its support of Obama/Hillarycare. Oh, officially they do, but they don't trumpet that fact to their members who largely oppose it.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2015, 07:33:54 PM »

Are they going to bring up how expensive Medicare is? I wonder why that is? It couldn't have anything to do with a certain bill that Jeb's brother signed into law.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2015, 09:57:42 PM »

The GOP "fear mongering"Huh Congressman Paul Ryan has put forth a credible plan to save medicare long term, and this President has scared people about the plan by being misleading. The President has divided Americans, not Republicans.

Wait a minute. If you are going to give Jeb credit for things his brother did, you can't just pick and choose what parts of Dubya's record to hang around Jeb's neck. It's either all or nothing. Both the good and the bad. And I don't think that's a record that Jeb wants to stand on.

Jeb Bush is going to run for President on his own record, I was simply pointing out that it was a Republican President who expanded medicare and a Democratic one who slashed medicare.

King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2015, 10:11:06 PM »

Remind me again which party put out the ad showing an evil republican throwing granny off a cliff?

The part that opposes Jeb Bush's plan to throw grannies off cliffs.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2015, 10:16:53 PM »

Someone finally listened to this demand.

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies