GOP donor calls for debate boycott if Trump included
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 04:43:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  GOP donor calls for debate boycott if Trump included
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: GOP donor calls for debate boycott if Trump included  (Read 4053 times)
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 23, 2015, 06:23:48 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.2016presidentialdebateschedule.com/2015/07/gop-donor-calls-for-debate-boycott-over-donald-trump/
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2015, 07:33:42 PM »

All that is doing is playing right into Trump's hands and, if anything, pushing him toward an independent bid.

He can say, "See what those Republican elites do? When the common folks have the audacity to support someone they don't approve of, they shut down the debate altogether!"
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2015, 07:51:27 PM »

The Republican party is trying to exclude their top candidate from the debates, while the Democratic praty is avoiding having any debates to protect their top candidate. Both very bad.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2015, 08:19:29 PM »

All that is doing is playing right into Trump's hands and, if anything, pushing him toward an independent bid.

He can say, "See what those Republican elites do? When the common folks have the audacity to support someone they don't approve of, they shut down the debate altogether!"

Yes, this plays right into Trump's (and the Dems') hands. Just the comment is bad enough, but if they actually go through with it, they'll be flushing what chance they have in 2016 right down the drain.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2015, 08:29:47 PM »

I could see a huge backlash if the party didn't allow Trump into the debate and this would give a further reason for Trump to mount an Indy run. Very bad for the GOP.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2015, 08:56:56 PM »

It's not just one donor
You must be logged in to read this quote.
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/23/us/politics/donald-trump-stealing-spotlight-with-caustic-comments-eclipses-his-rivals.html?ref=politics&_r=0
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2015, 09:13:51 PM »

It's not enought that these scumbags buy individual candidates; now they openly want a veto power on the campaign process.

My mind's now made up.  I'm a registered Republican who liked Trump, but was unsure as to whether not not I really wanted him as a President.  Now, I'm on board to stick it to these rich pieces of crap who want to buy our democracy.  Trump needs to win and the Rich Lowlife Donor Class needs to lose.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2015, 09:23:40 PM »

It's not enought that these scumbags buy individual candidates; now they openly want a veto power on the campaign process.

My mind's now made up.  I'm a registered Republican who liked Trump, but was unsure as to whether not not I really wanted him as a President.  Now, I'm on board to stick it to these rich pieces of crap who want to buy our democracy.  Trump needs to win and the Rich Lowlife Donor Class needs to lose.

You don't see any contradiction there, do you?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2015, 09:55:01 PM »

I could see Cruz refusing to participate in a debate where Trump is unfairly excluded.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2015, 09:59:31 PM »

No, I really don't.  Trump's putting himself up; he's not like Foster Friess, making payments on rick Santorum, or Sheldon Adelson, who probably has 3 or 4 of the main candidates on board with his particular plan already.

To the degree that a vote for Trump is a vote agaiinst the GOP Donor Class, I'm all for that.  I'd vote for a traitor to his class who'll be a servant for his Nation.  Trump promises this.  The responses of Trumps enemies give me reason to think that he may well be serious.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2015, 10:00:14 PM »

No way in hell. He needs the exposure to make his anticipated (by him) breakthrough, and "bowing to political correctness" like that undermines the very base he's trying to cultivate.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2015, 10:01:59 PM »

No, I really don't.  Trump's putting himself up; he's not like Foster Friess, making payments on rick Santorum, or Sheldon Adelson, who probably has 3 or 4 of the main candidates on board with his particular plan already.

To the degree that a vote for Trump is a vote agaiinst the GOP Donor Class, I'm all for that.  I'd vote for a traitor to his class who'll be a servant for his Nation.  Trump promises this.  The responses of Trumps enemies give me reason to think that he may well be serious.

Fuzzy, haven't you read some of the articles linked around here? Trump literally is the donor class, as in a huge political donor (to both parties, btw).
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2015, 10:04:45 PM »

Your a RINO if you support Trump.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2015, 10:10:06 PM »

You're. Jesus.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2015, 10:11:55 PM »

"GOP donor calls for the base to rally even more around Trump"
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2015, 10:16:22 PM »

You're. Jesus.

Wow. Okay, sorry "you're a RINO if you support Trump."
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2015, 11:52:19 PM »

By that standard, Ron Paul should never have been let on a debate stage in 2008 or 2012. Hell, he wouldn't release his delegates or endorse the eventual nominee either time.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2015, 04:02:54 AM »

I love how the Pro-Bush RINO's are accusing others of being RINO's, I think it's hilarious that Trump is scaring the establishment, means he's doing something right.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2015, 04:15:16 AM »

And it begins...
Retrumplican
Rookie
United States

« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2015, 05:49:57 AM »

Yes, this plays right into Trump's (and the Dems') hands. Just the comment is bad enough, but if they actually go through with it, they'll be flushing what chance they have in 2016 right down the drain.
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2015, 01:02:32 PM »

GOP establishment is playing with fire right now.  Excluding Trump from the debate actually gives him a semi-legitimate excuse to follow through on his third party run threat. 

Are Republicans willing to bet the presidency on Trump folding?
Bakersfield Uber Alles
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2015, 02:02:16 PM »

GOP establishment is playing with fire right now.  Excluding Trump from the debate actually gives him a semi-legitimate excuse to follow through on his third party run threat. 

Are Republicans willing to bet the presidency on Trump folding?

I guess that this would be the Democrats'... Trump card?

Donald Trump won't fold. You are exactly right. If they decide to arbitrarily exclude him, he has no reason to stick with the Republican Party.
WVdemocrat
DimpledChad
United States

« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2015, 03:19:03 PM »

In other news, GOP donors are completely stupid.

I am absolutely loving this. The Republican Party is imploding with the candidacy of Trump. This is a dream come true. Republicans are turning on each other already, even in this thread.

I watched Morning Joe this morning, and when Trump wasn't complaining that the media does not cover him enough, he made it very clear that he is serious about his threat, if the GOP does not treat him fairly. I believe Runeghost put it best, they're playing right into Trump's hand.

God bless the Grand Old Party for being completely f**king inept.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2015, 03:57:20 PM »

I don't see how skipping debates could possibly help Bush, Walker, or Rubio unless they literally cancelled the debate. It would just give Trump more air time at their expense.
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2015, 07:02:10 PM »

You're. Jesus.

Wow. Okay, sorry "you're a RINO if you support Trump."

There's no such thing as a RINO.  If you're a Republican, then you're a ing Republican.  You'd have to be a completely moronic hack to agree with the RNC on every single issue.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies