2016 and Onward: A New American Century
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:01:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2016 and Onward: A New American Century
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Author Topic: 2016 and Onward: A New American Century  (Read 20772 times)
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: October 01, 2015, 10:05:22 PM »

APRIL 1, 2016: Remaining Primary Results In

Republican primary results have been counted, and the map is below:

Scott Walker 748
Rand Paul 287
Marco Rubio 419*
Unpledged 128

*Rubio's 419 delegates include 25 Alabama delegates released to Rubio by Jeb Bush upon Bush's exit from the race

Paul and Rubio are expected to give their concession speeches soon, pursuant to the deal made between the three candidates to avoid intraparty divisions ahead of a very difficult three-way election against real-estate magnate Donald Trump (I) and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton (D).

Limited polling has been done on a hypothetical three-way race, but it has mostly tested Jeb Bush, not Walker. Nevertheless, it consistently showed Bush losing by wide margins with Trump siphoning off a large chunk of Bush's base.

(my apologies for doing it this way instead of the county-by-county maps; I got the chronological order messed up and decided this was the best way to fix it. County-by-county maps will return for the general election)
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #76 on: October 02, 2015, 10:52:03 PM »

Fantastic timeline! I have to ask, where do you get those county templates. Those look awesome!
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #77 on: October 03, 2015, 02:09:40 PM »

Fantastic timeline! I have to ask, where do you get those county templates. Those look awesome!
They're actually not individual templates. They're parts of this United States county map from Wikimedia Commons:

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Usa_counties_large.svg

I downloaded the original SVG file from the link above and used Inkscape, a free SVG editor, to edit it.

The "Export" feature in Inkscape has an option to hide all shapes except those that are selected, which is how I export individual states. I think they have county maps for some states, but they vary widely in quality, which is why I went for the US version instead.

Because the file is a vector graphic, it can be saved in any size without getting pixelated. That's how I'm able to save big maps like that Texas one.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #78 on: October 03, 2015, 03:02:25 PM »

Sen. Marco Rubio(R-FL) delivers concession speech at April 1 rally in Peoria, IL

RUBIO: Ladies and gentlemen, friends, supporters, and fellow Republicans,

We entered this day with a strong chance at winning the nomination, and we have ended it, as expected, with what would look on paper to still be a good chance. But tonight, pursuant to the decision that I made along with my Republican collagues Scott Walker and Rand Paul, back in March, I am putting party unity ahead of my personal aspirations, and I am suspending my presidential campaign. We simply cannot afford a protracted primary battle that could tear this party apart when we've got our real adversaries still ahead.

Governor Scott Walker will present us with a clear generational choice, which can be summed up as follows: Will we continue to support the failed policies of yesterday, which have given us recession, slow growth, and failure, or will we move to a new way of governing, based on personal responsibility and freedom, one that will allow the American Dream to continue, so bartenders and K-Mart workers like my father and mother can again see their children do the things that were impossible for them?

I am proud to give the governor my heartfelt endorsement, and I hope you all will do the same. I also hereby release all Republican primary delegates that are currently pledged to me to Governor Walker, giving him a total of 1,167 delegates.

Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) delivers concession speech at April 1 rally in Detroit, MI

PAUL: Fellow lovers and defenders of liberty, this campaign has been one hell of a long haul! We have toured the nation and made strong showings in many states, easily the best showing of any libertarian candidate this country has ever seen, with all due respect to my father, who is here with me tonight.

We won huge margins in Vermont and Arizona. We came painfully close in Nevada and Michigan. We won in black communities and college towns, anathema to most other Republicans.

But in the interest of party unity, and pursuant to the public deal between me, Senator Rubio, and Governor Walker, I am suspending my presidential campaign effective tonight. At that time, all of my pledged delegates will be released to Governor Walker, who will then have 1,454 delegates, enough to become our party's nominee for this year's presidential nomination.

I will return home to Kentucky, where I will continue my bid for re-election to the Senate, and I will continue fighting for liberty for every American, everywhere!
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #79 on: October 03, 2015, 03:41:08 PM »
« Edited: October 03, 2015, 04:56:21 PM by whitesox130 »

April 1, 2016 - Scott Walker delivers victory speech at rally in Akron, Ohio, after Rubio, Paul drop out of race

WALKER: I just received phone calls from Senators Rubio and Paul.

[loud cheers]

WALKER: The senators have released their delegates to me, giving me 1,454 delegates, enough for the nomination!

[more cheers]

WALKER: Before I continue with my speech, I'd like to congratulate these two statesmen on running two of the finest campaigns I have ever seen. Rubio expanded his appeal greatly, winning in Southern constituencies that aren't his natural habitat, along with winning a very tough three-man race in Michigan. Paul drew people who have probably never voted on a Republican ticket before. Both have done a great service to our party, and both were still in a position to win after today's elections.

WALKER: Senators, if you're listening to this, I appreciate your support and your relentless promotion of party unity throughout the last month. Together, we will carry the banner of small government and freedom throughout this great country and all the way to the White House!

Walker is expected to announce soon the hiring of Rand Paul's campaign manager, Chip Englander, who managed the successful campaign of Illinois Gov. Bruce Rauner.

Early reports from the Walker campaign indicate that he will seek to draw a generational contrast with presumptive Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton while assserting that he, not independent candidate Donald Trump, is the true conservative candidate in the race.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #80 on: October 04, 2015, 06:21:18 PM »

MAJOR EVENTS, APRIL 2016

Bernie Sanders drops out of the race, endorsing fellow liberal Hillary Clinton in a move designed to solidify the Democratic Party's left-wing base and deny the nomination to centrist former Sen. Jim Webb. Leftist media outlets such as MSNBC, Mother Jones, and smaller groups like The Young Turks begin to fling personal attacks at Webb. Webb breathes new life into the Blue Dog Coalition, which endorses Webb on April 16.

After a brutal fall in his Washington, DC, office, US Sen. Mark Kirk decides he cannot handle his regular office duties in addition to what was already a very difficult re-election campaign. Kirk has chosen to resign effective August 1. Republican Illinois Gov. Bruce Rauner is expected to choose a candidate who he believes can win reelection in the blue state in November. That candidate will serve out the remaining few months in Kirk's term. Early favorites include Reps. Adam Kinzinger and Darin LaHood, state Sen. Bill Brady, and House Republican leader Christine Radogno. The possibility has also been raised that Rauner will appoint a moderate Democrat in order to avoid a liberal such as Rep. Tammy Duckworth being elected to the seat. Such candidates would include Rep. Dan Lipinski and state Sen. John Sullivan.

Led by a healthy Derrick Rose and Joakim Noah, the Chicago Bulls win their final 19 games to finish the season 65-17, good for the 1-seed in the NBA's Eastern Conference. The San Antonio Spurs post the West's best record at 62-20.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #81 on: October 04, 2015, 08:38:49 PM »

MAY 2016

Illinois Gov. Bruce Rauner announces that he will appoint Rep. Dan Lipinski (D-IL) to the seat that will soon be vacated by Sen. Mark Kirk (R-IL). The appointment is seen as a way to avoid allowing liberal Rep. Tammy Duckworth to take the seat. Duckworth had been leading Kirk handily in most public polling. Lipinski has a reputation as a moderate congressman, having voted against the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act when it passed the House in 2010. The appointment pits the two representatives against each other in a difficult primary later this year while also opening up Lipinski's seat up, a possible pickup for Republicans.

Hillary Clinton sews up the Democratic nomination. Former Sen. Jim Webb, who had become something of a protest candidate for southern and rural Democrats upset at the direction of the party, drops out of the race but declines to endorse.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #82 on: October 04, 2015, 10:29:36 PM »

JUNE 2016

Ahead of the conventions, a modest increase in polling has rendered the polls a bit more predictable than before. At this stage of the game, the polling is as follows, including "leaners":

May 29 - Public Policy (750 RV): Clinton 45, Walker 40, Trump 15
May 30 - Rasmussen (1000 RV): Clinton 43, Walker 45, Trump 13
June 2 - Gravis (500 RV): Clinton 43, Walker 45, Trump 12
June 4 - Rasmussen (1000 RV): Clinton 39, Walker 41, Trump 20
June 5 - Harper (1450 RV): Clinton 48, Walker 42, Trump 9
June 6 - YouGov (900 RV): Clinton 46, Walker 47, Trump 6
June 7 - Public Policy (975 RV): Clinton 38, Walker 46, Trump 15
June 8 - ABC/WSJ (1000 RV): Clinton 42, Walker 36, Trump 21
June 9 - McClatchy/Marist (1500 RV): Clinton 46, Walker 38, Trump 16

AVERAGE: Clinton 43, Walker 42, Trump 14

With Walker down to Clinton even with her at 43% and true undecideds virtually nonexistent, this polling clearly illustrates the challenge for Scott Walker.

The Chicago Bulls have won their first NBA Finals since 1998, beating the San Antonio Spurs in 6 games. After a Finals performance including a triple-double and three double-doubles, 150 points, and lockdown defense against Tim Duncan, one of the league's great big men, Bulls center Joakim Noah takes home the Finals MVP award.

California Senator Dianne Feinstein announces that she will retire at the end of her current term. Feinstein is known as a respected elder stateswoman who embodied liberal orthodoxy on most issues but wasn't afraid to buck that orthodoxy at times. The seat starts out at Safe D in all major prediction blogs.

A particularly nasty war of words erupts on Twitter between Democratic National Committee chair Debbie Wasserman Shultz and former Boston Red Sox pitcher Curt Schilling, a well-known Republican. It makes front-page headlines in the New York Post as well as Us Magazine and the Enquirer. Both Schilling and Schultz reach new highs in followers shortly after the incident.

In a press conference in Denver, Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning states that the 2016 season will be his last. Manning won Super Bowl L earlier this year.

In what seems to be a summer of retirements, Maury Povich announces that he will tape his last show in June 2017.

Coming up next: Conventions!
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #83 on: October 06, 2015, 05:14:00 PM »
« Edited: October 06, 2015, 05:20:36 PM by whitesox130 »

Republican National Convention
Quicken Loans Arena - Cleveland, OH
July 18-21, 2016

Host: Congressman Paul Ryan (WI-1)

Day 1 Speakers, July 18

Will Hurd, US Representative from Texas
Rod Blum, US Representative from Iowa
Mike Bost, US Representative from Illinois
Joe Heck, US Representative from Nevada and GOP nominee for US Senate
Trey Gowdy, US Representative from South Carolina
Ryan Zinke, US Representative from Montana
Bruce Poliquin, US Representative from Maine
Frank Guinta, US Representative from New Hampshire
Richard Tisei, GOP nominee for US House of Representatives  (MA-6)
Mark Meadows, US Representative from North Carolina
John Boehner, Speaker of the House of Representatives
Raúl Labrador, US Representative from Idaho
Cathy McMorris Rodgers, US Representative from Washington
Mia Love, US Representative from Utah
Reince Priebus, chairman of the Republican National Committee

Day 2 Speakers, July 19

John Hoeven, US Senator from North Dakota
Mike Rounds, US Senator from South Dakota
Jeff Sessions, US Senator from Alabama
Mark Kirk, former US Senator from Illinois
Mike Lee, US Senator from Utah
Kelly Ayotte, US Senator from New Hampshire
Thom Tillis, US Senator from North Carolina
Ben Sasse, US Senator from Nebraska
Steve Daines, US Senator from Montana
Cory Gardner, US Senator from Colorado
Dan Sullivan, US Senator from Alaska
Joni Ernst, US Senator from Iowa
John McCain, US Senator from Arizona

Keynote Speech: Jim Webb, former Democratic Senator from Virginia and former 2016 presidential candidate

In a 15-minute speech, Webb went the way of Zell Miller, arguing that the Democratic Party of today is not the party in which he grew up, pointing to what he called "their shameful treatment of our military and its veterans, which angers this two-time Purple Heart Vietnam vet to no end."

Webb also mentioned his disdain for Democrats' and liberal groups' use of identity politics, poor treatment of rural whites (who he said deal with some of the same structural problems as inner-city minorities, such as high unemployment, crushing poverty, gangs, and drug abuse), and "Twitter warriors who alienate and abuse those who once agreed with the basic economic message of the Democratic Party." The Twitter comment was, according to Webb, meant to target "social-justice warriors", but many interpreted it as a shot at Democratic National Committee chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz in the aftermath of her Twitter war with former Red Sox pitcher Curt Schilling.

Webb closed by stating his strong support for the Second Amendment and his disdain for "liberal extremists who want to take our guns". He made the case for gun ownership, stating that "making guns illegal won't keep guns off the street any more than making crack and marijuana illegal has kept them off the street." Webb ended the speech by stating that he didn't see eye-to-eye with the Republican Party or nominee Scott Walker on everything (Webb voted for the Affordable Care Act), but that he could not support the party of his youth any longer and was now ideologically further from Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton than from Walker, whom he was "proud to endorse" for the presidency.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #84 on: October 06, 2015, 05:48:33 PM »

Day 3 Speakers, July 20

Jim Sensenbrenner, US Representative from Wisconsin
Charles Grassley, US Senator from Iowa
Larry Hogan, Governor of Maryland
Bruce Rauner, Governor of Illinois
Mike Pence, Governor of Indiana
John Kasich, Governor of Ohio and former presidential candidate
Patrick Toomey, US Senator from Pennsylvania
Chris Christie, Governor of New Jersey and former presidential candidate
Asa Hutchison, Governor of Arkansas
Bobby Jindal, Governor of Louisiana and former presidential candidate
Brian Sandoval, Governor of Nevada
Jack Dalrymple, Governor of North Dakota
Rick Snyder, Governor of Michigan
Nikki Haley, Governor of South Carolina
Pat McCrory, Governor of North Carolina
Ted Cruz, US Senator from Texas and former presidential candidate
Charlie Baker, Governor of Massachusetts
Paul LePage, Governor of Maine
Susana Martinez, Governor of New Mexico
Vice Presidential Nominee: Senator Marco Rubio (FL)

Marco Rubio accepts the Republican nomination for Vice President of the United States.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #85 on: October 06, 2015, 05:54:31 PM »

I'm surprised Curt Schilling hasn't made a speech yet same with Mark Walhberg also a Republican.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #86 on: October 06, 2015, 09:07:39 PM »

I'm surprised Curt Schilling hasn't made a speech yet same with Mark Walhberg also a Republican.
Hmm. Had no idea Mark Wahlberg was a Republican. I thought Hollywood would grab their torches and pitchforks if they ever ran across a Republican.

As for Schilling, there's still a day left...
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #87 on: October 06, 2015, 09:31:47 PM »

Day 4 Speakers, July 21

Chrys Kefalas, US Senate candidate from Maryland
Greg Abbott, Governor of Texas
Lindsey Graham, US Senator from South Carolina
Curt Schilling, former Boston Red Sox pitcher
Jeb Bush, former Governor of Florida and former presidential candidate
Phil Bryant, Governor of Mississippi
Lamar Alexander, US Senator from Tennessee
Butch Otter, Governor of Idaho
Mitch McConnell, Senate Majority Leader
Robert Bentley, Governor of Alabama
Mary Fallin, Governor of Oklahoma
Dr. Ben Carson, former presidential candidate
Bill Haslam, Governor of Tennessee
Tonette Walker, wife of nominee Scott Walker
Rand Paul, US Senator from Kentucky and former presidential candidate

In his speech, Paul seeks to cement the alliance between libertarians and conservatives against big government, unnecessary spending, and government interference in individuals' daily lives. Paul also has the honor of introducing the nominee.

Presidential Nominee: Gov. Scott Walker (R-WI)

"Mr. Chairman, I accept your nomination for President of the United States!"

Walker detailed his policy positions and read aloud the party's platform going into the general election, which is lighter on social issues and heavier on fiscal and foreign policy issues. The party still opposes abortion and some anti-discrimination laws but has softened its stance on gay marriage. Criminal justice reform is included in the platform for the first time.

Polls taken after the convention have Walker's favorability rating among Republicans at around 93%. Ratings for the convention are the highest on record for any convention for either party.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #88 on: October 06, 2015, 09:56:01 PM »

A Public Policy poll released on July 25 has Scott Walker leading Hillary Clinton by 2 percentage points, 45-43, with 2% undecided and 10% supporting independent candidate Donald J. Trump. Trump, it is reported, runs best in New York, New Hampshire, and Appalachia but spreads his support fairly evenly across the nation.

After the convention, Walker embarks on a two-week tour of the United States, focusing mainly on the Midwestern states of Ohio, Iowa, and Wisconsin. The tour also includes trips to Pennsylvania, New Hampshire, Georgia, Virginia, Florida, and Nevada.

Marco Rubio heads back to Washington for the end of the legislative session. After that session ends, he tours Florida, North Carolina, Nevada, New Mexico, Pennsylvania, Ohio, and New Hampshire. Rubio remains popular in his home state, and in recent polling, the Republican ticket leads in the state by nine points.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #89 on: October 07, 2015, 09:43:25 PM »

Democratic National Convention
Wells Fargo Center
Philadelphia Convention Center
Philadelphia, PA

Day 1 Speakers, July 25

Gwen Graham, US Representative from Florida
Alan Grayson, US Representative from Florida
Allyson Schwartz, US Representative from Pennsylvania
Nancy Pelosi, House Minority Leader
Chris Van Hollen, US Representative from Maryland and US Senate Nominee
Tammy Duckworth, US Representative from Illinois
Jason Kander, Missouri Secretary of State and US Senate nominee
Rick Nolan, US Representative from Minnesota
Ron Kind, US Representative from Wisconsin
Ann Kirkpatrick, US Representative from Arizona and US Senate Nominee
Sandra Fluke, lawyer and activist
Russ Feingold, former US Senator from Wisconsin and US Senate nominee
Bill Clinton, 42nd President of the United States and husband of nominee Hillary Clinton

Bill Clinton spoke on the Democratic Party's past, present, and future while showcasing the human side of his wife, who is seen by many as stone-faced on the campaign trail.

Day 2 Speakers, July 26

Al Franken, US Senator from Minnesota
Bob Casey, US Senator from Pennsylvania
Cory Booker, US Senator from New Jersey
Chellie Pingree, US Representative from Maine
Jennifer Hudson, actress
Jon Tester, US Senator from Montana
Barbara Boxer, US Senator from California
Debbie Stabenow, US Senator from Michigan
Bill Nelson, US Senator from Florida
Keynote Speaker: Senator Martin Heinrich (NM)

Heinrich drew heavily from his experience working with nominee Hillary Clinton during their time together in the Senate. He played up Clinton's liberal credentials and went after the Republicans for what he called "backward, racist policies with regards to Hispanics and immigrants".

Day 3 Speakers, July 27

Jay Nixon, Governor of Missouri
Ta'Nehesi Coates, activist
Steve Beshear, former Governor of Kentucky
Brian Schweitzer, former Governor of Montana
Claire McCaskill, US Senator from Missouri
Tom Wolf, Governor of Pennsylvania
Charles Schumer, US Senator from New York
Maggie Hassan, Governor of New Hampshire and US Senate Nominee
Harry Reid, US Senate Minority Leader
Jerry Brown, Governor of California
Steve Bullock, Governor of Montana
Mike Beebe, former Governor of Arkansas
Vice Presidential Nominee: John Hickenlooper, Governor of Colorado

Governor John Hickenlooper of Colorado accepts the Democratic nomination for Vice President of the United States.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #90 on: October 08, 2015, 06:40:12 PM »

Day 4 Speakers, July 28

Martin O'Malley, former Governor of Maryland and former presidential candidate
Chris Murphy, US Senator from Connecticut
Amy Klobuchar, US Senator from Minnesota
Sheldon Whitehouse, US Senator from Rhode Island
Kirsten Gillibrand, US Senator from New York
John Lewis, US Representative from Georgia
Dan Malloy, Governor of Connecticut
Jack Markell, Governor of Delaware
Chris Coons, US Senator from Delaware
Jeff Merkley, US Senator from Oregon
Michael Bennet, US Senator from Colorado
Joe Biden, Vice President of the United States and former presidential candidate
Barack Obama, President of the United States
Presidential Nominee: Hillary Clinton, former US Secretary of State

Clinton accepts the Democratic Party's nomination for President of the United States in a lengthy speech in which she plays up her experience and leadership credentials and her agreement with the Democratic Party platform. She also briefly denounces Scott Walker and Donald Trump. Noticeably absent from her speech is any mention of sex or gender.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #91 on: October 08, 2015, 07:30:08 PM »
« Edited: October 09, 2015, 04:59:34 PM by whitesox130 »

MAJOR EVENTS, JULY 2016

Tim "Eater X" Janus wins the annual Nathan's Famous Hot Dog Eating Contest, putting down a Major League Eating record 67 hot dogs in ten minutes. Joey "Jaws" Chestnut comes in a close second with 64. Matt Stonie, the 2015 winner, is on pace with Janus with a few seconds to go before he is disqualified for reversal of fortune.

AUGUST 2016

In a freak accident involving a botched long-range missile test, the missile hits and destroys the Ryongsong Residence in Pyongyang, North Korea on August 7, 2016. Kim Jong-un, the 33-year-old Supreme Leader of Korea, is killed instantly along with a large contingent of his government. Plans for his succession are unknown at this time. Leaders from around the world send their condolences.

A tornado rips through the far-northwest suburbs of Fort Worth, TX, killing 21 and injuring 159. Thousands of people are left homeless.

An unusually calm hurricane season is broken by Hurricane Matthew, a category 5 storm that makes landfall at Savannah, Georgia, and continues north and west, getting as far west as White Sulphur Springs, WV, before turning northeast. Massive damage is seen in Savannah and considerable damage occurs in Atlanta as well. Central Pennsylvania and upstate New York sustain significant flooding. The name "Matthew" is retired following the storm and replaced with "Marcus".

The housing market takes a turn for the worse due to bankers replicating the same mistakes they made leading up to the 2007 crash. Millions of entry-level workers brace themselves for the fallout. The Dow Jones Industrial Average has been flat over the course of 2016 but very volatile.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #92 on: October 09, 2015, 05:19:38 PM »
« Edited: October 12, 2015, 10:00:31 PM by whitesox130 »

SEPTEMBER 2016

Current Polling Average

August 27 - Public Policy (1000 RV): Clinton 47, Walker 40, Trump 13
August 28 - Rasmussen (750 RV): Clinton 51, Walker 42, Trump 8
August 29 - YouGov (800 RV): Clinton 47, Walker 37, Trump 16
August 31 - Harper (900 RV): Clinton 43, Walker 44, Trump 13
September 2 - Public Policy (1000 RV): Clinton 47, Walker 41, Trump 13
September 4 - FOX News (1500 RV): Clinton 47, Walker 45, Trump 8
September 5 - NBC News (540 RV): Clinton 43, Walker 44, Trump 13
September 6 - Gravis (750 RV): Clinton 56, Walker 40, Trump 4
September 8 - Quinnipiac (1250 RV): Clinton 48, Walker 39, Trump 13

AVERAGE: Clinton 48, Walker 41, Trump 11

With a lead rivaling the margin of President Barack Obama's 2008 victory (albeit under very different circumstances and still under 50%), Hillary Clinton's campaign has begun to reach out to red states, namely North Carolina and Indiana. There are reports that Clinton may visit Kentucky and Missouri as well.

The Walker campaign is flush with cash but cannot seem to make further inroads with voters. Crosstabs of most major polls show that Trump voters are voting 7:1 for Republican congressional candidates, a sign that Trump voters are overwhelmingly Republican.

After reportedly being turned down by Dr. Ben Carson, Donald Trump has chosen former U.S. Rep. Virgil Goode (VA) as his running mate. Goode's presence may swing Virginia even further away from the reach of Walker.

Trump does not lead in any individual state.

The Hurricane Matthew cleanup continues in Georgia, particularly in the flattened city of Savannah, which Gov. Nathan Deal (R) visited yesterday. Deal declared a state of emergency in 25 counties in his state as a response to the hurricane.

There is still no word on who will replace the late Kim Jong-un as Supreme Leader of the Democratic People's Republic of North Korea, which is still under martial law at this time.

The Labor Day weekend continues its streak of producing disappointing movies. Bad Grandpa 2, the long-awaited sequel to Bad Grandpa, garners zero stars while being called one of the worst movies of the century by the New York Times, and opens to a dismal 10-million-dollar opening weekend.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #93 on: October 09, 2015, 05:53:15 PM »

OCTOBER 2016:

The Republican National Committee puts together a last-month advertising blitz called "Hillary's Scary Policies", a Halloween-themed series of attack ads. Walker's campaign simultaneously runs ads, and subsequent market research shows that television viewers were turned off by the sheer volume of Republican ads. Walker, behind in the swing states, makes a last-ditch effort to leverage his name recognition in Wisconsin and the neighboring states of Minnesota and Illinois with a five-day tour through Rockford, Madison, Eau Claire, Minneapolis, and St. Cloud.

Marco Rubio campaigns hard in his home state of Florida, which Hillary Clinton has not visited in weeks. Clinton's lead in the state stubbornly remains at around 5%. Senator Rand Paul swings through majority-black areas such as Chicago's South Side, Detroit, and Cleveland, but though a significant minority of blacks seem to like his message, it doesn't seem to translate into support for Walker.

Democrats see their chances of victory climbing and claim that "demography is destiny" and that the demographic changes they have been waiting for have arrived, blocking the Republicans from capturing the White House for a third straight time.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #94 on: October 09, 2015, 06:44:01 PM »
« Edited: October 09, 2015, 07:05:01 PM by whitesox130 »

ELECTION 2016 COVERAGE

MEGYN KELLY: Good evening, and welcome to America's Election HQ. We hope you'll enjoy tonight's coverage of Election 2016. It is 7:00 here on the East Coast, and with polls now closing, we can make our first projection: The state of Vermont will come in overwhelmingly for Hillary Clinton, giving her three electoral votes.

BRET BAIER: We can also call, a little unexpectedly, the rest of New England. New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Maine, Connecticut, Rhode Island, all Clinton states.

BAIER: Votes are starting to come in in the commonwealth of Kentucky. According to what we've gathered from exit polls, Kentucky, at this time, is too close to call. Scott Walker has, at the moment, a 25-point lead.

KELLY: We are nearing calls in much of the rest of the Eastern Seaboard. Stay tuned.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #95 on: October 09, 2015, 07:35:01 PM »
« Edited: October 09, 2015, 07:37:03 PM by whitesox130 »

Map so far (yellow indicates a state that is too close to call):

Hillary Clinton/John Hickenlooper 32
Donald Trump/Virgil Goode 0
Scott Walker/Marco Rubio 0
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #96 on: October 14, 2015, 09:33:11 PM »
« Edited: October 14, 2015, 09:43:21 PM by whitesox130 »

KELLY: We can project a Clinton victory in the District of Columbia, where, inexplicably, the Walker/Rubio ticket has won a narrow victory in the Sixth Ward, which includes Capitol Hill.

Also, New York hash been projected for Clinton. Clinton wins this one big, but she loses her native Westchester County, Staten Island's Richmond County, and the eastern Long Island county of Suffolk.

Current electoral map:

Hillary Clinton/John Hickenlooper 64
Scott Walker/Marco Rubio 0
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #97 on: October 14, 2015, 09:53:41 PM »
« Edited: October 14, 2015, 10:35:59 PM by whitesox130 »

KELLY: West Virginia has been projected, and Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton will once again fail to carry a single county in the Mountain State. Scott Walker will roll to victory here and is on the board with five electoral votes.

Lastly, we can call the Garden State, New Jersey, for Hillary Clinton. No surprise here, though Clinton wins a couple of counties that were not won by Obama due to vote splitting between Scott Walker and Donald Trump, who did relatively well in New Jersey.

Maryland and Delaware can both be called for former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, The only change from 2012 is that Donald Trump has won ultraconservative Suffolk County, Delaware, marking one of two states so far where the GOP ticket has failed to take in a majority in any county along with Vermont.

Let's move southward down the coast. Pennsylvania, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, and Florida, all too close to call. The presence of popular Sen. Marco Rubio has made things difficult to gauge in Florida especially. The big question: how much support will Donald Trump pull away? Georgia and the Carolinas are leaning Republican while Virginia is leaning Democratic but close.

Hillary Clinton/John Hickenlooper 105
Scott Walker/Marco Rubio 5

KELLY: My apologies. As the map was shown, we just made a projection in Virginia. Hillary Clinton will win the state by more than the original exit polls indicated. She is under 50% but in position to win the Old Dominion by around 7%.

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #98 on: October 14, 2015, 11:48:18 PM »

I don't see my ancestral home county of Braxton going for Trump, but this has been interesting so far.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #99 on: October 17, 2015, 04:26:14 PM »

I don't see my ancestral home county of Braxton going for Trump, but this has been interesting so far.
I just wanted the general pattern to be Trump cutting into Republican Appalachian support enough to get a few counties but still leave most of them Republican. Appalachia has become mostly a one-party area in this TL.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies