Chamber of Commerce to Incumbent Teas: "were gunna fuk ur sh1t up"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:29:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Chamber of Commerce to Incumbent Teas: "were gunna fuk ur sh1t up"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Chamber of Commerce to Incumbent Teas: "were gunna fuk ur sh1t up"  (Read 3033 times)
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2015, 08:56:06 AM »

We, actually need more true conservatives like Cruz, Amash, Massie and Lee not less.

Who "WE"Huh You - may be, i - don't.... And so on...
Americans.

Don't dare to speak for ALL Americans - vast majority of them will heartily disagree and disavove you. I, for example,  don't know single American among my friends who would subscribe under your words... Neither of my relatives would, for example. And they are all Americans))))
Actually everybody I know up here in Massachusetts are sick and tired of Mavericks and establishment candidates in both parties. And a lot of these people are Democrats and Independents who want less government involvement in our lives.

So, you will say that Democrats and Independents in Massachusetts are ultraconservative"small government enthusiasts"? Fine. Then why in the last governor election all Democratic candidates were not? Why even in Republican primary Baker easily defeated an ultraconservative candidate? And has about 70% rating right now?? Why all 9 Massachusetts Democratic congressmen (and both Senators) are more or less liberal Democrats? Why 34 of 40 state Senators and 125 of 160 Representatives are Democrats (and mostly liberals), and among even Republican officeholders most vary from moderates to pragmatic moderate conservatives, not your beloved right-wingers??? Don't spew an obvious lies, then people may begin to believe you..
Don't spew your lies either American people are sick and tired of career politicians and what I meant was people are sick and tired of uncontrollable spending that goes no where in Massachusetts, were sick of all of the high taxes and high cost of living that we have and the ability not to have economic freedom for everybody that's what we're sick and tired of, we don't want or need establishment politicians, and actually I know a few State Senators who are democrats who feel the same way, they want change that isn't DINOs and RINOS they want candidates who stand for something not ones who lie in congress and don't get something done. You shouldn't lie either people are sick and tired of this bullcrap that you spew like Americans want Mavericks and career politicians.

I gave you facts and numbers. You - bullsh**t in form of empty words. The discussion is over - i don't talk with idiots.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2015, 12:51:56 PM »

I don't know who I hate more: people with "principles" or moderates. (Well I suppose the worst thing is someone who is moderate on principle, but whatever.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2015, 01:04:05 PM »

I don't know who I hate more: people with "principles" or moderates. (Well I suppose the worst thing is someone who is moderate on principle, but whatever.

Good! As principled moderate i am glad to be hated by you))))
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2015, 01:38:06 PM »

Lol. I suppose what I really hate is anyone on the political spectrum who are under the delusion that they are the only honest/principled politician in the sea of vipers that is congress/the national legislation. I understand why it is very appealing in an aesthetic sense - it plays off the Mr Smith Goes to Washington tropes that are always very popular with the public; but it is fundamentally vain and uncharacteristic of the situation in general.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2015, 01:44:11 PM »

Lol. I suppose what I really hate is anyone on the political spectrum who are under the delusion that they are the only honest/principled politician in the sea of vipers that is congress/the national legislation. I understand why it is very appealing in an aesthetic sense - it plays off the Mr Smith Goes to Washington tropes that are always very popular with the public; but it is fundamentally vain and uncharacteristic of the situation in general.

And here i fully agree)))
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2015, 02:17:38 PM »

You can't cram being moderate down anyone's throat anymore than you can being liberal or conservative. With that said, the Chamber of Commerce wants candidates that will be bought and paid for when it comes to certain votes. This is not about being moderate.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2015, 02:38:31 PM »

You can't cram being moderate down anyone's throat anymore than you can being liberal or conservative. With that said, the Chamber of Commerce wants candidates that will be bought and paid for when it comes to certain votes. This is not about being moderate.

Well, the far-left-wing demagougery is as good as far-right-wing. More precisely - not good at all. But - very similar))))
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2015, 04:10:20 PM »

Ugh, go away CoC. We don't need your big government crony capitalist Republicans.

Crony capitalist is a truly bizarre term.

This second part is not directed at you, but it's truly amusing to hear so-called "true conservatives" whine about "corporate welfare" and the like, using phrases straight out of a Ralph Nader campaign...
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2015, 11:26:48 PM »

Ugh, go away CoC. We don't need your big government crony capitalist Republicans.

This second part is not directed at you, but it's truly amusing to hear so-called "true conservatives" whine about "corporate welfare" and the like, using phrases straight out of a Ralph Nader campaign...

But at the same time, there is more to being a conservative then carrying the water for business on every issue.

Lets not kid ourselves either. Walter Jones is more moderate than any COC backed primary challenge is going to be. Like the pro-business wing of the segregationists of old they will beat the dead horse on all the issues of social and defense, in order to distract from the fact that they don't really well serve the people of the district in matters of the kitchen table.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2015, 10:00:11 AM »

Well, it seems to be an ideological sphere in the U.S. rather than a straight line, so as you go further right you begin to touch the liberal edges (conservatives promoting pot, fighting against corporate welfare, ect.)
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2015, 11:18:26 AM »

There's nothing conservative about giving subsidies and favors to big corprorations. You seem to think that conservatives should just be the opposite of liberals.
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2015, 09:12:54 PM »

There's nothing conservative about giving subsidies and favors to big corprorations. You seem to think that conservatives should just be the opposite of liberals.

Not necessarily, I guess I can see a "conservative" argument for opposing "corporate welfare" (another absurd term), I just think the liberal argument against it is more coherent and ideologically consistent with the spirit of economic populism.  The Chamber of Commerce promotes pro-business and pro-growth policies, policies that they believe will help the broader American economy - the idea that "what's good for GM is good for America" has at the very least been a mainstay in the GOP since its earliest days, and even if you don't think it's conservative in your own definition of the term, it's also a stretch to say there's "nothing conservative about it."  Conservatism has as much of a historical connection to being pro-business as it does to being "small government," probably even more.
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -0.17

« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2015, 09:08:04 AM »

I actually don't want Walter Jones primaries out. He stands up to Wall Street from time to time and also is a strong fighter against wars. Amash and Massie never stand up to Wall Street. He might be crazy on most other stuff, but at least he's not a solid: oh lemme vote this way because my party is.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2015, 11:28:10 AM »

I actually don't want Walter Jones primaries out. He stands up to Wall Street from time to time and also is a strong fighter against wars. Amash and Massie never stand up to Wall Street. He might be crazy on most other stuff, but at least he's not a solid: oh lemme vote this way because my party is.

Amash doesn't just vote the party line either.  That's why they're going after him.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2015, 12:58:39 PM »

I support the Chamber of Commerce, but opposing corporate welfare is a sane, conservative position. If you want to help businesses then push positions that want to cut or eliminate the corporate tax. Giving them so much in corporate welfare is a travesty.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2015, 08:41:40 PM »

These guys make teabaggers look decent tbh.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2015, 11:12:09 PM »

I support the Chamber of Commerce, but opposing corporate welfare is a sane, conservative position. If you want to help businesses then push positions that want to cut or eliminate the corporate tax. Giving them so much in corporate welfare is a travesty.

The Chamber backed Candidates will rarely want to do that though. C4G and Paulites are more likely to agree to that kind of change.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2015, 11:53:09 PM »

The Chamber backed Candidates will rarely want to do that though. C4G and Paulites are more likely to agree to that kind of change.

C4G has proven they only exist to cause chaos and disorder. The Paulites, I agree, are more likely to do something productive economically. Sadly, we don't see eye-to-eye on anything foreign policy-wise and those issues trump any domestic ones where I may agree with them on.

I will also say that while I'm against corporate welfare I tend to, in general, lean towards the Chamber of Commerce side.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies