Gallup: Trump now has highest name recognition among GOP voters, Kasich lowest
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:27:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Gallup: Trump now has highest name recognition among GOP voters, Kasich lowest
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Gallup: Trump now has highest name recognition among GOP voters, Kasich lowest  (Read 2299 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 24, 2015, 02:19:57 PM »

http://www.gallup.com/poll/184337/among-republicans-gop-candidates-better-known-liked.aspx
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2015, 02:23:09 PM »

Wow, Rubio!
Publius
Rookie

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2015, 08:51:42 AM »

Which is one of the many reasons why Kasich has more upside than Trump.  But yeah... wow, Rubio!
Donald Trump 2016 !
captainkangaroo

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2015, 08:55:38 AM »

Go Rubio!

....Poor Kasich Sad
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2015, 10:15:29 AM »

Sad considering we've had two Presidents named Bush.
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2015, 10:37:54 AM »

God I hope the bore that is Rubio doesn't come close.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2015, 11:26:35 AM »

Considering both presidencies ended in failure with widespread economic damage, I imagine most people have repressed their disastrous presidencies.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2015, 11:56:47 AM »

The Donald has a 56% favorable rating among Pubs? Oh my. One can see however what a disaster his nomination would be for the Pubs. He would lose Pub base voters in droves - even to Hillary. Many who dislike him, consider him unfit for office.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2015, 12:04:10 PM »

Considering both presidencies ended in failure with widespread economic damage, I imagine most people have repressed their disastrous presidencies.

First of all, this was a question of name I.D.

Secondly:

George W. Bush's record
- Toppled a murderous regime in Iraq
- Taliban toppled in Afghanistan
- Enacted the Patriot Act to protect the homeland
- doubled border patrol agents, leading to a reduction in the flow of illegal immigration
- ended partial-birth abortion
- Re-enstated President Reagan's Mexico City Policy
- appointed strict constructionists
- reduced taxes for all taxpayers, increasing federal revenues by 44%
- Created the President's Emergency Plan for Aids Relief
- Increased the number of free trade agreements from 3 to 16

George Bush's record
- Drove Saddam Hussein out of Kuwait
- Signed NAFTA into law
- Signed the Americans with Disabilities Act into law
- Points of Light Foundation created
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2015, 12:18:10 PM »

Secondly:

George W. Bush's record
- doubled border patrol agents, leading to a reduction in the flow of illegal immigration

George Bush's record
- Signed NAFTA into law

1.) Agreed, but he planned the aftermath awfully. Literally read what they thought Iraq would be like in 2006, and look how it turned out. Lesson number 1 of intervention is to have a plan for the aftermath-compare German 1945 with Iraq/Libya over the last 10 years.
2.) Toppled? Aren't we currently talking to them about a coalition deal? We drove them into the hills until 2005 when they came back and started hitting us pretty hard. As racist as it is the old joke that goat farmers were beating us is largely true. If you think the Taliban are gone you're as foolish as Bush.
3.)Please? I thought conservatives cared about the Constitution? 
4.) Okay
5.) More Rick Santorum, but again okay.
6.) A policy that ended up bannning condoms? The Mexico City rule is pretty awful
7.) No he didn't. A strict constructionist wouldn't scrap civil rights law passed with super majorities in both houses, and re-approved in 2006. .
8.) Great, hence why the US had such a massive deficit in the Bush years, plus Bush's job's numbers were actually way below Clinton's
9.) Whilst also supporting an entire aids' program that failed to actually fix anything in the US. Under Bush people weren't getting their anti-viral drugs, there was no support for drugs like Truvada, vulnerable groups like MSM and African-Americans weren't helped, and you were taught that the only way not to get AID's was to avoid sex. Bush did great work in Africa for Aids, I'm not denying that. It's just his domestic AID's policy was still awful
10.) Great, because free trade always helps everyone.

I don't understand why a President who increased the size of the federal Government, massively increased spending, crashed the economy into a ditch and gave his friends positions in the FEMA is so respected by republicans. Like really, are we that Partisan that we think GWB is a good President? Imagine if he was a democrat, Christ he'd be worse than Carter for you guys 
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2015, 02:32:09 PM »

Secondly:

George W. Bush's record

George Bush's record
- Signed NAFTA into law

1.) Agreed, but he planned the aftermath awfully. Literally read what they thought Iraq would be like in 2006, and look how it turned out. Lesson number 1 of intervention is to have a plan for the aftermath-compare German 1945 with Iraq/Libya over the last 10 years.
2.) Toppled? Aren't we currently talking to them about a coalition deal? We drove them into the hills until 2005 when they came back and started hitting us pretty hard. As racist as it is the old joke that goat farmers were beating us is largely true. If you think the Taliban are gone you're as foolish as Bush.
4.) Okay
6.) A policy that ended up bannning condoms? The Mexico City rule is pretty awful
7.) No he didn't. A strict constructionist wouldn't scrap civil rights law passed with super majorities in both houses, and re-approved in 2006. .
8.) Great, hence why the US had such a massive deficit in the Bush years, plus Bush's job's numbers were actually way below Clinton's
9.) Whilst also supporting an entire aids' program that failed to actually fix anything in the US. Under Bush people weren't getting their anti-viral drugs, there was no support for drugs like Truvada, vulnerable groups like MSM and African-Americans weren't helped, and you were taught that the only way not to get AID's was to avoid sex. Bush did great work in Africa for Aids, I'm not denying that. It's just his domestic AID's policy was still awful

I don't understand why a President who increased the size of the federal Government, massively increased spending, crashed the economy into a ditch and gave his friends positions in the FEMA is so respected by republicans. Like really, are we that Partisan that we think GWB is a good President? Imagine if he was a democrat, Christ he'd be worse than Carter for you guys 

First of all, I did not say he had a great record, he had an okay record. He did spend too much money, I don't agree with the federal government getting involved in education, his "ownership society" agenda was crap, and his monetary policies were awful.

Secondly, he has a far better record, overall, than Barack Obama by far. But, in the end, I'm not going to judge his brother for his record, and neither will the majority of voters.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2015, 02:56:53 PM »

Secondly:

George W. Bush's record

George Bush's record
- Signed NAFTA into law

4.) Okay

First of all, I did not say he had a great record, he had an okay record. He did spend too much money, I don't agree with the federal government getting involved in education, his "ownership society" agenda was crap, and his monetary policies were awful.

Secondly, he has a far better record, overall, than Barack Obama by far. But, in the end, I'm not going to judge his brother for his record, and neither will the majority of voters.

GWB left office with an approval rating of 22%. Look, like Blair there's two things people think about when they think of Bush-Iraq and 2008 crash. He really doesn't have a better record-most republicans will admit that
heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2015, 03:28:51 PM »

Name recognition for what? Being the biggest blowhard seeking the Republican presidential nomination. Trump thinks all those "Mad as hell" voters are his constituency. He's like the typical hot air balloon, what will likely go up, will come down with a bang. He's the flavor of the month, what do you expect, duh! "Empty cans make an awful lot of noise"😉
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2015, 03:32:30 PM »

Secondly:

George W. Bush's record

George Bush's record
- Signed NAFTA into law

4.) Okay

GWB left office with an approval rating of 22%. Look, like Blair there's two things people think about when they think of Bush-Iraq and 2008 crash. He really doesn't have a better record-most republicans will admit that

The economy in Obama's first term was worse off than it was when Bush left office, and it's not that much better now.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2015, 06:39:23 PM »

Led to ISIS
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Had to wait until Obama to get Bin Laden
The FBI doing their damn job before 9/11 would have prevented 9/11
It dropped the most under Obama
So much for state's rights.
So strict constructionists that they threw out a century old Montana campaign finance law.
The national debt increased by several trillion thanks to him
Hear that giant sucking sound?

No, the best Republican President, Clinton, signed that into law.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2015, 07:11:01 PM »

Splendid news! Once Kasich blows the competition away at the debates, his recognition and favorables will spike up, as will his poll numbers.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2015, 07:18:21 PM »

Led to ISIS
So strict constructionists that they threw out a century old Montana campaign finance law.

I know in liberal fantasy land, Obama = Jesus and Bush = The Devil, but reality is a very different place.

First of all, in the years after Saddam Hussein was toppled, Iraq became a functioning young democracy that still faced some challenge. For five years, we saw a reduction in violence there and people were clearly better off without Saddam Hussein in power. President Obama's decision to not leave residual forces behind in Iraq has led to a very dangerous situation there today.

Secondly, without the infrastructure put in place when Bush was President, we would not have gotten OBL. Obama deserves credit for ordering the mission, but Bush gets credit for rebuilding our military and having a presence in the region.

The reason illegal immigration has seen it's largest reductions under Obama is because President Bush doubled border patrol agents between 2004 and 2010.

Partial-birth abortion is essentially murder no matter how you put it, period.

The McCain-Feingold campaign finance laws and those like it may be well intended, but they result in a violation of the first amendment.

President Bush increased the national debt by $5 trillion over 8 years, compared with $8 trillion over 6 years and 7 months under this President.

President Bush 41 signed NAFTA into law, President Clinton implemented NAFTA. Both deserve credit.  

Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2015, 09:02:36 PM »

Empty cans may make the most noise, but the fullest cans make the least.

That said, I was reading a story about an eight year old boy who saw Kasich's ad in New Hampshire and made his dad take him to one of Kasich's town hall meetings because he was so good at speaking.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2015, 11:00:30 PM »

The economy in Obama's first term was worse off than it was when Bush left office, and it's not that much better now.

Congratulations! You are the most insufferable hack on this forum. If Obama ended poverty overnight you'd still find a way to spin it against him; maybe you should stop pulling the wool over your own eyes.

Obama inherited an economy in a tailspin and is now overseeing the longest streak of job growth on record. Mind you this is in spite of numerous headwinds due to the Republicans to hamper economic growth by destroying business confidence with government shutdowns, blocking useful government programs and stimulus, and getting our credit rating downgraded.
Fuzzy Says: "Abolish NPR!"
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2015, 11:21:31 PM »
« Edited: July 25, 2015, 11:23:50 PM by Fuzzy Bear »

Led to ISIS

I know in liberal fantasy land, Obama = Jesus and Bush = The Devil, but reality is a very different place.

First of all, in the years after Saddam Hussein was toppled, Iraq became a functioning young democracy that still faced some challenge. For five years, we saw a reduction in violence there and people were clearly better off without Saddam Hussein in power. President Obama's decision to not leave residual forces behind in Iraq has led to a very dangerous situation there today.

Secondly, without the infrastructure put in place when Bush was President, we would not have gotten OBL. Obama deserves credit for ordering the mission, but Bush gets credit for rebuilding our military and having a presence in the region.

The reason illegal immigration has seen it's largest reductions under Obama is because President Bush doubled border patrol agents between 2004 and 2010.

Partial-birth abortion is essentially murder no matter how you put it, period.

The McCain-Feingold campaign finance laws and those like it may be well intended, but they result in a violation of the first amendment.

President Bush increased the national debt by $5 trillion over 8 years, compared with $8 trillion over 6 years and 7 months under this President.

President Bush 41 signed NAFTA into law, President Clinton implemented NAFTA. Both deserve credit.  

dudeabides.  What does that mean?  I suppose it means that you're a dude who'll abide any Bush Family narrative put out there.

We shouldn't have been in Iraq.  We went into Iraq under false pretenses for reasons only the Bush Family can answer.  Iraq never attacked us, never had anything to do with 9/11 or Bin Laden, and while Saddam Hussein was vile, there have been, and will continue to be, a stable of world leaders who are equally vile that we will tolerate because it is in our interest to do so.

I remember watching focus group responses during the 2008 campaign.  The issue that got the strongest responses were those on Iraq, and all of them were strongly anti-war.  The American people felt they'd been had, and they had been had.  And they'd been had by George W. Bush, and they blamed him for the mess in Iraq, because he was the one who lied to them about why we were going in there.  THAT was the reason the GOP was so rousingly defeated in 2008; the financial crisis had hit, but its full effects hadn't been felt yet.  

"Bush Lied - People Died" is more than a slogan.  It's a fact.  And the result, geopolitically, isn't great, and it has nothing to do with Obama.  It has a lot to do with the fact that the Iraqi people themselves aren't committed to their "nation"; it's all about tribalism and religious sectarianism over there (something the repressive Saddam Hussein regime kept a lid on).

I don't mind if you're a staffer for Jeb, or for the Bush Family.  But if you are, at least provide us with a disclaimer.  Of course, that would be transparency and fairness, and that's not very Bush-like.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2015, 11:27:16 PM »

Gooooo Trump!
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2015, 12:37:57 AM »

Congratulations! You are the most insufferable hack on this forum. If Obama ended poverty overnight you'd still find a way to spin it against him; maybe you should stop pulling the wool over your own eyes.

Obama inherited an economy in a tailspin and is now overseeing the longest streak of job growth on record. Mind you this is in spite of numerous headwinds due to the Republicans to hamper economic growth by destroying business confidence with government shutdowns, blocking useful government programs and stimulus, and getting our credit rating downgraded.

It has become abundantly clear that you don't read.

Here comes the part where I destroy your arguments lies using pictures/charts:

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies