If Bush were Killed
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:26:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  If Bush were Killed
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Democrats - would you be happy?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 45

Author Topic: If Bush were Killed  (Read 3822 times)
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2005, 07:51:51 AM »

Of course not. The number of politicians I wouldn't be upset if they were killed is very small (although a member of Bush's cabinet called "Donald" is a member of this... er... elite group).
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2005, 08:07:29 AM »

Jfern has said it best, actually (yeah, these things happen). Not that that is going to happen. But it would have me rejoicing, while Bush getting murdered would see me utterly shocked. And Bush peacefully dieing...well I dunno. I wouldn't be rejoicing, but I'm not sure if I'd be that terribly saddened either. Ready to claim I am, probably. Apprehensive about the new president, no doubt.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2005, 09:02:09 AM »

This is a question for Democrats, because for some reason I keep thinking about it and how it seems that if this were to happen there would be celebrating among the left.  And to me, it's inexcusable to rejoice in the death of another person and the suffering inflicted on his family.

Just a passing thought.

I'll not answer since I'm not a Democrat.  But I will say that the movie "Weekend at Bernies" popped into my head when I read this post.  Did anyone see "The sweetest thing"  I'm so glad my son isn't yet old enough to ask me how that woman's mouth got stuck on that man's groin.  Guess we'll have to cross that bridge eventually.  I really need to start watching higher quality films.  Or maybe just do cartoons.  Kids like those.  Anyone see American Dad last night?  Absolutely hilarious!  A little violent, though.  I notice things like that now.  Being a grown-up is weird.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2005, 05:13:49 PM »

Wow, what is wrong with all of you? Just because you disagree with his politics doesn't mean he should die. That's ridiculous and no better than the "you're going to Hell!" stuff the religious right pulls.

(By the way, I bet a good number of non-Democrats will vote Yes here just to be mean.)

Alcon, the voice of reason. This is why we need moderates and moderate-minded people in the political system.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2005, 01:58:09 PM »

No - he's somebody's son, husband, father, brother .....................

Dave
skybridge
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2005, 03:45:50 PM »

No. If that were to happen Cheney would assume command and not much would change. The next election would certainly go to another nutcase in the mass hysteria. Besides, using violence to achieve one's means is the dictionary definition of terrorism.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies