Opinion of Japanese Foreign Policy under PM Shinzo Abe
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:22:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of Japanese Foreign Policy under PM Shinzo Abe
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: ?
Freedom Policy

Horrible Policy

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 54

Author Topic: Opinion of Japanese Foreign Policy under PM Shinzo Abe  (Read 1555 times)
Cory
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2015, 01:49:18 PM »

Japan should beef up its defenses against the Russians and Chinese making the logical move to boost their own in response to U.S. saber-rattling? Japan wouldn't have a 'reason' to build up its military capacity were it not for the trouble being caused by its guardian, the U.S., in the region, be it in the form of encircling Russia or the 'pivot to Asia' (thinly veiled preparations for a Cold War with China)

Joke post.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2015, 05:37:35 PM »

I'm not sure where you're going with this TNF. Are you saying that without the pivot or US presence in the area there wouldn't be any conflict over the Senkaku Islands? Do you think China would have just not cared if it wasn't for American presence?

TNF is a Marxist-Leninist. It is reflexive.

There is no other way to explain how one can attribute increasing tensions in East Asia to "U.S. (as in "U.S imperialists"?) sabre-rattling". It as if people in Taiwan, South Korea, the Philippines, Vietnam, and so forth, have no agency beyond being "imperialist running-dogs". And of course any talk of "encircling Russia" is just whataboutery.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2015, 06:26:44 PM »

That's the third time I've seen that word.  I call bullsh**t.  The word doesn't exist.  I know that you think that if you use a word often enough it works its way into Mirriam-Webster, and you're right.  It does happen frequently--language evolves--but this is one "word" that I hope doesn't make it.  It's really, really stupid.  Please find a real noun that already exists.  There are several that I could suggest that might encompass the concept that you are looking for.  I'd suggest a few but I won't for several reasons, not the least of which is that I don't want to insult your intelligence with the implication that you need me to.

politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2015, 03:11:03 AM »

That's the third time I've seen that word.  I call bullsh**t.  The word doesn't exist. 

It certainly does in Northern Ireland.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2015, 10:01:07 AM »

alright, mucker  Wink

Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies