Megathread: Congressional Vote on the Iran Deal
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:33:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Megathread: Congressional Vote on the Iran Deal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15]
Author Topic: Megathread: Congressional Vote on the Iran Deal  (Read 48846 times)
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #350 on: September 17, 2015, 09:10:54 AM »
« edited: September 17, 2015, 09:47:52 AM by politicus »

Pope Endorses The Iran Deal

This Pope continues to be awesome! He also calls for the removal of all nuclear weapons from the Middle East (aka Israel).

If there's one source Israel doesn't take orders from, it's the Roman Catholic Church.

Then it's a good thing Israel can't do anything to stop the deal. Smiley

Not the deal, per se, but if it gets to zero hour, it'll likely be on them alone to stop Iran from becoming a nuclear state a la North Korea.

Regardless, this isn't about the deal. This is about the man in charge of the institution responsible for most of the pre-WW2 attempts at wiping out the Jews telling the world's Jewish state that they need to disarm.

No this is about the most badass Pope ever continuing to be badass.

Also I wished someone would have stopped Israel from gaining nuclear weapons. Seems extremely hypocritical that they get a free pass.

Not comparable. There is no existential thread to Iran. While Israel needs nukes more than any other country.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #351 on: September 17, 2015, 11:38:51 AM »

This Pope continues to be awesome! He also calls for the removal of all nuclear weapons from the Middle East (aka Israel).

If there's one source Israel doesn't take orders from, it's the Roman Catholic Church.

Not the deal, per se, but if it gets to zero hour, it'll likely be on them alone to stop Iran from becoming a nuclear state a la North Korea.

Regardless, this isn't about the deal. This is about the man in charge of the institution responsible for most of the pre-WW2 attempts at wiping out the Jews telling the world's Jewish state that they need to disarm.

Also I wished someone would have stopped Israel from gaining nuclear weapons. Seems extremely hypocritical that they get a free pass.

I guarantee you Israel would not exist today if the surrounding states - and other countries as well - didn't have something to genuinely fear.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #352 on: September 17, 2015, 12:07:46 PM »

The story of how Israel got them is pretty interesting actually. Needless to say, it involves a lot of dirty deals and cover-ups with the U.S., Britain, France, Germany and, erm, Norway; and used pretty much the same smuggling outfits as the North Koreans and Iranians.

But yes, it is very hypocritical of Israel to keep them. Every country which develops, maintains and takes part in the production of WMD's (including, regrettably, my own) is immorally compromising international security for dickwaving rights (israel's program, in particular, further destabilised the ME by giving Arab States the impetus to themselves get WMD's). At the very least, Israel should give up the ridiculous "secercy" surrounding the program and join in international attempts to control proliferation.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #353 on: September 17, 2015, 01:05:34 PM »

Not comparable. There is no existential thread to Iran. While Israel needs nukes more than any other country.

Amen.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #354 on: September 17, 2015, 02:04:46 PM »

The story of how Israel got them is pretty interesting actually. Needless to say, it involves a lot of dirty deals and cover-ups with the U.S., Britain, France, Germany and, erm, Norway; and used pretty much the same smuggling outfits as the North Koreans and Iranians.

But yes, it is very hypocritical of Israel to keep them. Every country which develops, maintains and takes part in the production of WMD's (including, regrettably, my own) is immorally compromising international security for dickwaving rights (israel's program, in particular, further destabilised the ME by giving Arab States the impetus to themselves get WMD's). At the very least, Israel should give up the ridiculous "secercy" surrounding the program and join in international attempts to control proliferation.

Agree with this last part.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #355 on: September 18, 2015, 02:00:14 AM »
« Edited: September 19, 2015, 02:44:22 AM by Moderate Hero Republican »

if Iran violates the agreement the US and Isreal can just bomb their nuke plants and sanction them again.  Lastly the biggest threat to the US is ISIS which is a  sunni exteremist gorup not Shia so that means the US can use Iran to destroy ISIS the same way the US used the USSR to defeat Nazi Germany
In this war

ISIS = Nazi Germany
USA = USA
Iran = Soviet Union
Isreal = Britian
Iraq and Syria = Poland and France
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #356 on: September 18, 2015, 05:58:54 PM »

But you see, Israel is a liberal, Westernized democracy! And their nuclear program is only for self-defense!
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #357 on: September 18, 2015, 07:28:44 PM »

But you see, Israel is a liberal, Westernized democracy! And their nuclear program is only for self-defense!

Israel is tiny, Iran has a huge population. They are not comparable.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #358 on: September 19, 2015, 09:52:04 AM »

Only leftists, and Libertarian Republicans truly believe Israel having access to nuclear weapons is much more dangerous then Iran having access to them.

Politicus' comments represent what I think about this perfectly.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #359 on: September 19, 2015, 01:52:41 PM »

Only leftists, and Libertarian Republicans truly believe Israel having access to nuclear weapons is much more dangerous then Iran having access to them.

I don't think anyone believes that, I think a better proposition would be only leftists and libertarians think Israel having a nuclear weapon is as dangerous or dangerous at all compared to Iran having one.
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: 3.74

« Reply #360 on: September 19, 2015, 01:58:40 PM »

What? I'm part of the bolded group and I don't think that.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #361 on: September 19, 2015, 03:13:35 PM »

No, I'm just as opposed as Iran's nuclear aims as I am to nuclear weapons in France, the UK, the U.S., China, Russia, Pakistan, India, North Korea and yes, Israel. And apparently the Pope agrees I guess, and he ain't a leftist.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #362 on: September 19, 2015, 03:20:02 PM »

What? I'm part of the bolded group and I don't think that.

There really is no monolithic group as "libertarian Republicans".
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #363 on: September 19, 2015, 03:25:30 PM »

Why is this thread still stickied? 
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #364 on: September 19, 2015, 04:30:25 PM »

Let me guess, you also think Kennedy should've nuked Moscow during the Cuban Missile Crisis Roll Eyes
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #365 on: September 19, 2015, 04:38:28 PM »

Let me guess, you also think Kennedy should've nuked Moscow during the Cuban Missile Crisis Roll Eyes

How is that comparable? Moscow had nuclear weapons and there was MAD to be concerned with.

The last time to prevent that is drawing very near.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #366 on: September 20, 2015, 12:27:45 AM »

How is that comparable? Moscow had nuclear weapons and there was MAD to be concerned with.

The last time to prevent that is drawing very near.

So, you don't support nuking the USSR during the Cuban Missile Crisis, but you wish we had launched Operation Unthinkable?
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #367 on: September 23, 2015, 08:41:05 PM »

Some anti-Muslim idiot from Michigan is threatening Stabenow:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #368 on: September 24, 2015, 12:05:49 AM »

When people like this openly call themselves "patriots" it makes me lose faith in the word. Saddening.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #369 on: October 03, 2015, 02:49:02 AM »

Why is this thread still stickied? 
Angel of Death
« Reply #370 on: October 03, 2015, 05:30:59 PM »

You don't have unsticky power on a board you're a moderator of?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #371 on: October 07, 2015, 05:29:26 PM »

Oh yeah. Duh. Unstickied.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies