Fear and Loathing in 72’ – The Election Game (GM Vacancy)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:38:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Fear and Loathing in 72’ – The Election Game (GM Vacancy)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 51
Author Topic: Fear and Loathing in 72’ – The Election Game (GM Vacancy)  (Read 108943 times)
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #575 on: September 23, 2015, 11:59:38 PM »

The McGovern Campaign Applies for all Caucuses and Primaries available. I just got off school, and will be posting in the next couple of minutes after researching it. Thanks for the extension, again.

Srry Spiral, he did.

That was for this last turn when we had all those Southern states. The turn before that was when filing for MA and PA was open.

Alas, I was mistaken. Srry again
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #576 on: September 24, 2015, 12:00:34 AM »

Could we have one of those fancy general election polling maps?

It would be really cool if there could be one each for Nixon vs. McGovern, Yorty, Harris, and Muskie.

But of course, no rush! Smiley
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #577 on: September 24, 2015, 12:02:55 AM »

Well, so much for that research on MA and PA polling I just did... Yep, I'm afraid McGovern didn't file in, so I'll have to adjust the polling to account for that (like Wallace and Udall, he can still go for a write-in campaign there, but they are not included in polling).

General Election maps will probably depend on how much time I have. Making a single GE poll with Generic Dem is torture, making four will probably take time...
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #578 on: September 24, 2015, 12:29:16 AM »

For what it's worth, you've been doing a tremendous job as GM and you're one of the best ones these games have ever had. From past experience I know how much time has to be devoted to a game like this. Keep up the great work!
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #579 on: September 24, 2015, 12:37:04 AM »

For what it's worth, you've been doing a tremendous job as GM and you're one of the best ones these games have ever had. From past experience I know how much time has to be devoted to a game like this. Keep up the great work!
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #580 on: September 24, 2015, 01:01:51 AM »

I can't file for the Massachusetts and Pennsylvania primaries, I guess.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #581 on: September 24, 2015, 05:50:47 AM »
« Edited: September 29, 2015, 02:20:29 AM by Intell »

Campaign Schedule: Alabama

April 18
Going out Alabama congressman and senators, in their districts and in the state, engaging in discussion on how to fix problems facing Alabama and the country

- Meeting Voters in Urban and suburban area, talking about the dangers of forced busing, the need to focus on America's problems, not the world's problems, and how we need to fund local governments to five poverty, and to fund decent schools, with federal intrusion, and forced busing.
-Traveling by car, and walking around the communities of Birmingham, talking about how Wallace, has helped Alabama, with more education funding, fight forced integration and busing, and helped children, and the workers and middle-class of Alabama.

- Talking to Harris Voters, about how Wallace has always fought for Alabama, increased business coming into Alabama, and started Alabama by starting a college system.
-Talking to Yorty Voters, about how Wallace has always fought against forced integration and for America's tradition and culture, against the federal government, and always fought for Alabama, not up-tight northern liberals, and emphasizing that Wallace is strong on this issue.

April 19

Barnsotrming at Florence, AL
GOTV campaign at Huntsville, AL
Townhall at Madison, AL- highlighting protecting workers, and wages, increasing the minimum wage, and increasing funding to local government projects that employ workers.
Barnstorming at Decatur, AL
Townhall at Cullman, AL (Discussing a steady withdraw from Vietnam, and money going towards defense, to be allocated to healthcare, education and locally-funded initiatives.

April 20

Meet Voters in Birmingham, AL
Barnstorming at Hoover, AL
Townhall at Tuscaloosa, AL (Discussing issues of forced busing and integration, protecting schools and children and protecting American workers, and poor through initiatives to fight poverty, and to increase the minimum wage.
Speech at Montogmery, AL

'We need protect the fragile institution of this country, protect out values and tradition, and to have local government reign supreme. We need to focus on improving education, making healthcare free, and focusing on American problems, here at home'.
Townhall at Mobile, AL ( Talking about protecting the south land, against domination by wall-street, and northern up-tight elites.

NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #582 on: September 24, 2015, 06:27:27 AM »

Well shoot. I guess I cannot compete in Mass. Or Penn. ;-;
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #583 on: September 24, 2015, 10:39:32 AM »

Well shoot. I guess I cannot compete in Mass. Or Penn. ;-;

I can't file for the Massachusetts and Pennsylvania primaries, I guess.

Nope, all you can do is campaign for write-in votes.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #584 on: September 24, 2015, 03:50:50 PM »

Raul Castro, Patrick Caddell, Raymond Strother, and Patricia Shroder are requested for the campaign staff of Mo Udall.

The Udall campaign also files for all available primaries and caucuses.
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -0.17

« Reply #585 on: September 24, 2015, 04:46:19 PM »

NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #586 on: September 24, 2015, 05:03:21 PM »

Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #587 on: September 24, 2015, 06:29:25 PM »

YPestis25

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -6.09

« Reply #588 on: September 24, 2015, 07:00:01 PM »

Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #589 on: September 25, 2015, 03:15:36 PM »

Round 11 Endorsements

These individuals have endorsed John G. Schmitz for President of the United States.

US Congressman Sam Stieger
Arizona Congressman
    "Earlier in the year I endorsed Congressman Goldwater, but he sadly dropped out. There is only one man that I'm sure will carry out the American Dream and that man is the true patriot John Schmitz. Schmitz is a true champion for personal responsibility, life, the gold standard and many other great things. And that's why I'm honored to endorse and support Congressman John G. Schmitz for President."
Stieger will be barnstorming in Arizona and will be speaking at the Phoenix rally and writing an op-Ed in the local Phoniex paper

John Calvin Coolidge
Son of President Calvin Coolidge
   "My father was a true patriot just like Congressman Schmitz I'm positive he would be undividedly supporting Congressman Schmitz who is a wonderful true hardworking man and with that I will be voting for Congressman John G. Schmitz."
Coolidge will be barnstorming New Englans

Schmitz New for the Turn
Schmitz goal of the Pastors for Schmitz program has happened we have pastors supporting us in every US county.
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #590 on: September 25, 2015, 11:06:03 PM »
« Edited: September 29, 2015, 09:56:08 PM by VPH »

Fred Harris Hits the Trail (Part 1)
April 18
Filing for Michigan, Maryland, Oregon, Rhode Island, California, and South Dakota primaries
GOTV W/Mayor White: Boston, MA
Coordination of volunteer activities W/Mayor White: Boston, MA
Rally about the war at Harvard and Northeastern Universities: Cambridge and Boston, MA
GOTV: Brookline, MA

April 19
GOTV/Speech about taxes: Haverhill, MA
GOTV at the mills: Lowell, MA
Speech about trade/GOTV: Worcester, MA
Town Hall: Worcester, MA
Office Opening: Indianapolis, IN (Surrogate)

"Things are getting worse under Nixon. Property taxes and income taxes for working families are soaring as inflation spirals prices out of control. We need a solution to this economic mess."

April 20
GOTV: Southbridge, MA
GOTV/Rally about Unions: Springfield, MA
Fundraising luncheon: Pittsfield, MA
Press conference: Bennington, VT

April 21
Speech about taxes: Greenfield, MA
GOTV W/Mayor White: Boston, MA
Flight to Philadelphia, PA
Fundraiser at the Philadelphia Museum of Art: Philadelphia, PA

"The Harris tax plan closes loopholes for the largest corporations, cuts income taxes for the working class, raises taxes on the top earning Americans by increasing the estate tax, lowers the property tax burden, and taxes wall street transactions. Not only do I plan a more responsible system of taxation, but also a simpler one, so that families, farmers, and small businessmen will no longer struggle through miles of red tape.

April 22
GOTV: Philadelphia, PA
Rally about civil rights w/ Jesse Jackson: Philadelphia, PA
GOTV: Philadelphia Suburbs
GOTV: Reading, PA

April 23
GOTV: Harrisburg, PA
GOTV and chocolate factory photo-op: Hershey, PA
GOTV/Vietnam Rally with Fr. Berrigan: State College, PA
Joining a miner picket line w/Chip Yablonski: Altoona, PA

"It's always said that impersonation is the best form of flattery. In that case, I thank George Wallace for the compliment he paid me by copying my actions in support of UMW workers and unionization as a whole. I must caution you about Mayor Sam Yorty and Governor Wallace. Neither will fight for your rights as much as I will. I will fight for fewer restrictions on union formation and for less corruption in all levels of the process. That's why I'm the only candidate supported by Miners for Democracy and the wonderful Pennsylvania native, Chip Yablonski!"

April 24
GOTV/Fundraising: Pittsburgh, PA
GOTV W/Jay Rockefeller: New Castle, PA
Meeting factory workers: Erie, PA
Rally about job creation: North East, PA

April 25
Press Conference/Town Hall: Albion, PA
Meeting factory workers: Youngstown, OH
Fundraiser/Office Openings: Cleveland, OH
Town Hall: Akron, OH

"This office will coordinate our efforts for the last week as we aggressively push to gain a substantial amount of delegates in Ohio. If you're a Muskie supporter, I ask you to look at my consistent record on the war and immense experience in the Democratic Party. If you support Senator McGovern, I point to my clear stance on ending the war and bringing the economy back to the people. If you support Mayor Yorty, I can tell you of the successes I've had in my fight for unions and families."
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #591 on: September 25, 2015, 11:13:25 PM »

How do you guys do it ?! I mean.... you guys are able to keep the game going !
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #592 on: September 27, 2015, 12:20:22 AM »

Thank you, gentlemen, that really means a lot! Debate will be up today, and remember you have until Wednesday afternoon.

How do you guys do it ?! I mean.... you guys are able to keep the game going !

I'm not quite sure myself,  but I'm more than pleased at how the game has worked despite being an election not as popular as 2008 or 2012. I hope the 2016 Game works as well!
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #593 on: September 27, 2015, 02:04:24 AM »

"The establishment is scared. They have every right to be. Here, in their heartland, we have fought back! In the capital of the nation they control, I am leading. This is the way of the new era - our movement of hope. This is a victory for the people, not for me. We are prepared. We are ready. We will, I assure you, win.

"This great city of ours will become a shining city. As our movement spreads, this will be our capital we have seized from the status quo. This shining city on the great hill of the great idea of America will be where we land our first blow. From here, ever onwards, ever forwards, ever there and here we shall go. For now, let me pledge to you: when we support Udall, we support ourselves.

"Establishment here, get ready. No amount of corruption and counting and hiding votes will end this. Voters, are you ready? Ready! Steady! March, two, three, four![drums] This way, every way, to vote! Gather them out and turn them up. Not a vote here will be left out! We are the movement of hope!"

- Morris Udall, Washington D. C.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #594 on: September 29, 2015, 01:41:56 AM »
« Edited: October 01, 2015, 09:52:28 PM by Intell »

Campaign Trail: Ohio

April 21

Rally at Cincianati, Ohio

" Morning' Folks, I'm here in Ohio to campaign for our fellow workers up north, campaign for the return of our soldiers abroad, a return for law and order, and to stop the Nixon administration with increasing unemployment and inflation, driven up by the incompetence and the inability of the Nixon government to look after it's own people, and instead confusing millions or billions on a war, killing soldiers abroad, I call for a steady withdrawal from Vietnam, focusing healthcare and education, instead of a war abroad "

Meet Voters at Mason OH, (Call for protecting workers, increasing wages and a return of a traditional America)
Barnstorming at Kenwood OH
Town-hall at Portsmouth OH ( Protect Jobs, Protect Soldiers and Fight big business in their corrupting of the system, and lowering workers wages, and fight big federal government in protecting federal intrusion into local matters, as well as shifting funds to the local and state level.
Travel around Rural Ohio and meet voters and address their concerns about the increase of lawlessness, inflation and unemployment)
Barnstorming at Dayton, OH
Rally at Columbus, OH (Talks about fighting unemployment, increasing wages, as well as fighting federal intrusion)

April 22

Barnstorming in Dublin, OH
Townhall at Westerville, OH (Addresses problems of income inequality, and presents his record in his state of improving education, healthcare and the economy)
Meet Voters in North-West Rural Ohio (Addresses Problems of Federal Government, inflation, war and lawlessness)
Barnstorming in Canton, OH
Barnstorming in Akron, OH
Rally at Columbus OH (Wallace talks about how to improve healthcare, education and making the federal government more efficient, and shifting powers to state and local governments.

April 23

Barnstorming at Warren, OH
Townhall at Youngstown OH (Talks with a pregnant women, and calls for paid marterny leave, free childcare, free college, improving education via state effect, more funds to healthcare, decreasing taxes on the lower-and middle classes and regulating big business and big corporations, as well as keeping the federal government in check.
Meet Voters in NE Ohio, GOTV campaign (Talking about increasing wages,improving healthcare, and fight for the values of the US.
Barnstorming at Standsuky, OH
Rally at Toledo

" Fight for patriotism, for free healthcare, improving education and for American values, vote for the true American,Wallace. Talks about his support for unions, small business and increasing taxes on the rich, and making sure the federal government and big business are held accountable for their actions.

-Wallace targets Yorty voters by focusing Wallace courage, stregnth and his willingness to fight for law and order, and state's rights.
-Wallace targets Harris voters by stating his populist message, and increasing wages, fighting for unions, and for greater accountability in government.

Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #595 on: September 29, 2015, 05:50:33 AM »

Michigan, Maryland, Oregon, Rhode Island, California and South Dakota.

The Wallace campaign also urges supporters from Pennsylvania and Massachusetts, to vote for Wallace, if they vote him against the other party elites.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #596 on: September 29, 2015, 05:07:39 PM »

April 21-23
April 21:

- Fly to Vermont
- Rally Burlington, Vermont(address minimum wage plan):
"We will increase the minimum wage to $3.00. Since some may accuse me of being inspecific in my plans, let's be clear: the current minimum federal wage is $1.60. My plan staggers this out over a period of five years. In the first year, each state will be offered the ability to raise it to $1.80. In the second year, each state will be offered the ability to raise it to $2.00. In the third year, we will enforce the $1.80 standard nationally and offered $2.30 to each state.* My campaign will release a more detailed plan for that later.

"In case you are concerned with the jobs cost, my first year in office we will have the Federal Reserve have loose circulation and Congress spend tight. This will allow workers who may be laid off a full year to save money. In the second through fourth or eighth years, we will have tight circulation and loose spending. That is when an economic stimulus will be passed. This allows deflation to cause the worker's money saved to be worth more and only potentially hurting people who can afford it. I hope this helps you comprehend the impact on your own life and why I consider my policies to be common sense."
- Campaign Exeter, Essex, Rutland City, speaking on importance of raising the minimum wage
- Barnstorm Vermont
- Fundraiser in Montpellier
- Barnstorm South Burlington(address economic stimulus)

1: $1.80 offered
2: $2.00 offered
3: $2.30 off., $1.80 enforced
4. $2.62 off., $2.00 enforced
5. $3.00 off., $2.30 enf.
6. $2.62 enf.
7. $3.00 enf.

April 22

- Barnstorm South Burlington, Rutland City, Colchester, Brattleboro(address rural concerns without attacking cities)
- Fundraiser in Burlington, VT
- Town Hall in Burlington(Minimum wage, environment, peace through strength and intelligence)
- Townhall in Essex(Abortion - first twenty-four weeks, amnesty - our new citizens want to work hard)
- Fundraiser in Montpelier, VT
- Fly to D. C.
- Congressional duties
- Fundraiser

April 23

- Town Hall, D. C.(Desegregation)
- Congressional duties
- Fundraiser, D. C.
- Town Hall, D. C.(minimum wage, desegregation)
- Barnstorm, D. C.(movement of hope)
- Speech of the Shining City

How many endorsements may we seek?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #597 on: September 29, 2015, 08:15:08 PM »

Six is the limit for the turn.

On another note, I will suspend the debate, given that I lacked the time before and the round has been a bit inactive. That said, this is still ending tomorrow.
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #598 on: September 29, 2015, 09:24:00 PM »

Fred Harris Endorsers
IN-3 Representative John Brademas

"I've devoted my career to fighting for education, especially when it comes to equal opportunity and the arts. Fred Harris echoes my concerns and knows what American students need to succeed."
Activities: Rep. Brademas will coordinate volunteer efforts and GOTV in Indiana until May 2. Afterwards, he will barnstorm North Dakota.

Fmr. Tennessee Governor Frank G. Clement

"Fred Harris will work his hardest to improve conditions in Appalachia, and I believe he's the only candidate who will help our region and our state. I'm proud to stand with him."
Activities: Fmr. Gov. Clement will barnstorm Tennessee, especially Eastern Tennessee and fundraise for Fred Harris

Fmr. Pennsylvania Senator Joseph Clark

"I've been blessed to work with Senator Fred Harris when I was a senator. I know deep in my heart that he best represents the interests of all Pennsylvanians, from Blacks in Philadelphia to coal miners in Altoona. Therefore, I'll work to make sure he wins."
Activities: Fmr. Sen. Clark will coordinate Philadelphia area GOTV, excercising his influence to turn out the city's Democratic machine. Afterwards, he will go to Indiana for a week to do GOTV for Harris and then will spend the next week in Tennessee and North Carolina.

OH-21 Representative Louis Stokes

"I originally was planning to support Rep. Shirley Chisholm, but when she dropped out, I felt pretty lost. None of the candidates seemed to be true fighters for equal opportunity until Senator Harris entered the race. From his work on the Kerner Commission to his tireless fight for civil rights, Senator Fred Harris is the right pick for the interests of Cleveland."
Activities: Until the 2nd, Rep. Stokes will be crossing Ohio to increase black turnout for Harris. From May 2nd to May 6th, he will be splitting time between New Orleans, Atlanta, Birmingham, Durham, Raleigh, and Jackson talking to black communities about Fred Harris.

Boston Mayor Kevin White

"Senator Harris is the real deal. It's been a long time since I've seen a candidate that was such a breath of fresh air. Fred Harris is the man. He's a no-nonsense populist with the experience needed to steer this country in the right direction. I trust in his plans to help mayors lower crime, something Saigon Sam doesn't know about. I also love his plan to help revitalize urban areas with money saved from leaving the war."
Activities: Mayor White will turn out the Boston Democratic machine for Fred Harris. After the Massachusetts primary, he will spend 1 day in Columbus and 1 day in Cincinnati fundraising and helping with GOTV. Then he's back to mayoral duties.

Fmr. Massachusetts Senator Benjamin A. Smith

"I feel that Senator Harris is carrying on the legacy of my good old friend Robert Kennedy, and so have decided to endorse him. I haven't seen any other candidate who impresses me in this regard other than Fred Harris."
Activities: Ben Smith will oversee GOTV efforts for Lowell, Worcester, Springfield, and Pittsfield. After the primary, he will head to Indiana to help with GOTV in and around Gary and South Bend. Afterwards, he will be conducting large scale fundraising for the campaign and organizing volunteers in Rhode Island.
YPestis25

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -6.09

« Reply #599 on: September 29, 2015, 09:46:36 PM »

Muskie For America Endorsers

Governor Milton Shapp of Pennsylvania
-Barnstorm in mid-state Pennsylvania
-Fundraise in Philadelphia and Pittsburg
-Attend GOTV operations throughout his state

Senator Stephen Young of Ohio
-Barnstorm in Cuyahoga County
-Barnstorm in Cincinnati
-Fundraise in Ohio
-Attend GOTV operations throughout Ohio.

Senator Vance Hartke of Indiana
-Barnstorm in Indianapolis
-GOTV throughout Indiana
-Fundraise in Indiana

Mayor Frank Rizzo of Philadelphia
-GOTV in Philadelphia among union members and mainstream democrats
-Register new voters in Philadelphia

Mayor Peter Flaherty of Pittsburgh
-GOTV in Pittsburg among union members and mainstream democrats
-Register new voters in Pittsburgh
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 51  
« previous next »