Opinion of Mongolian Environmental Policy under President Tsakhiagiin Elbegdorj?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:52:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of Mongolian Environmental Policy under President Tsakhiagiin Elbegdorj?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Freedom Policy

Horrible Policy

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 10

Author Topic: Opinion of Mongolian Environmental Policy under President Tsakhiagiin Elbegdorj?  (Read 354 times)
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 26, 2015, 08:48:19 PM »

vote!
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2015, 09:12:58 PM »

Should be noted that Mongolia has a parliamentary system, so Tsahiagiin is little more than a figurehead compared to Chimediin Saikhanbileg the Prime Minister. As far as the environment is concerned, well, there is some concern that the China-led mining boom has led to much environmental detoriation. Alongside the Gobi regions, the thick dust associated with poorly regulated miners cloaks many poorer areas. I'm not sure the situation has changed since the Green Civil Will party entered government, but the environmental regulations have been kind of shaky in the past; including a loophole that allowed them to be waived entirely on vaguely defined occasions.

Also, I'm aware this is a joke thread; but I'm not sure why you're poking fun at the Abe's foreign policy thread. It certainly is a more interesting subject than "opinion of (GENERIC DEMOCRAT #35)"
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2015, 09:44:32 PM »

Should be noted that Mongolia has a parliamentary system, so Tsahiagiin is little more than a figurehead compared to Chimediin Saikhanbileg the Prime Minister. As far as the environment is concerned, well, there is some concern that the China-led mining boom has led to much environmental detoriation. Alongside the Gobi regions, the thick dust associated with poorly regulated miners cloaks many poorer areas. I'm not sure the situation has changed since the Green Civil Will party entered government, but the environmental regulations have been kind of shaky in the past; including a loophole that allowed them to be waived entirely on vaguely defined occasions.

Also, I'm aware this is a joke thread; but I'm not sure why you're poking fun at the Abe's foreign policy thread. It certainly is a more interesting subject than "opinion of (GENERIC DEMOCRAT #35)"

How is a green party able to be so successful in a country like Mongolia? What does their voter base look like?
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2015, 03:03:41 PM »

How is a green party able to be so successful in a country like Mongolia? What does their voter base look like?

The party leader's murdered brother was heavily involved with democratisation and is/was apparently quite popular, maybe a part of their voting share stems from that?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2015, 05:25:15 PM »

You are sooooo cool Turk.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to: