Is "The Group" a bit more poignant now?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 02:27:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Is "The Group" a bit more poignant now?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Is "The Group" a bit more poignant now?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 41

Author Topic: Is "The Group" a bit more poignant now?  (Read 2578 times)
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 26, 2015, 10:58:16 PM »

Kind of picked up some deeper meaning:

ok, Inks, I won't curse you out.  just don't do that anymore.  because you want the numbers to look a certain way.  we all do.  but hey, it doesn't work out like that.  let me tell you a story, Inks.  back in the summer I hung out with this group.  we called it, The Group.  we hung out from mid-afternoon everyday to past midnight.  but then this girl came in.  well, she was there anyway, but she ed sh**t up hardcore.  and one of my friends was in love with her, but it was painfully obviously he'd never get with her.  then another of my friends fell in love with her around August 10th.  and she actually liked him.  but there was a problem.  my two friends that were in love with the same girl, they had been best friends forever.  literally.  so the friend that.  oh who cares.  the point is, it ed sh**t up.  and now The Group is no longer.  and I've tried to wink towards my past, but winking towards it doesn't work.  I've become obsessed with it.  and I want The Group back, but it's no longer.  I want the numbers to look a certain way.  but they don't.  sorry Inks.  it happens.  so don't mess with my entries and I won't mess with yours.  it's better that way.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2015, 11:02:35 PM »

No. If anything, it's less 'poignant'.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2015, 11:19:11 PM »

Leave.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2015, 11:23:42 PM »

Yes.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2015, 11:48:23 PM »

There is no "deeper meaning" in the ramblings of a scumbag trust-fund baby.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2015, 01:06:57 AM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=207095.0
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2015, 02:45:53 AM »

This post has always been worthless, unfunny sh*t, and I don't see how Tweed's antisocial behavior could possibly make it any better.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2015, 08:13:50 AM »

This is nothing more than an average post about a generic experience constantly written into films. Almost certainly the most overrated in forum history and unworthy of having a name. We should stop mentioning something from 8 years ago.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2015, 08:17:56 AM »

This is nothing more than an average post about a generic experience constantly written into films. Almost certainly the most overrated in forum history and unworthy of having a name. We should stop mentioning something from 8 years ago.

Agreed!  I've been saying this for years.  I will now accept my accolades.
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2015, 11:44:11 AM »

What's so special about a post that treats as special something that just about every teenager went through?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2015, 12:38:05 PM »

See, you guys keep saying that other place is better, but this kind of stupid thing keeps popping up here (nevermind all the other crap that gets dropped all over the place about it)....wasn't the other place created for worthless crap like this?  Don't you care what opedo's opinion on this is?

You guys have been at it long enough, you should be better at this "internet" thing by now.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2015, 04:40:53 PM »

This post has always been worthless, unfunny sh*t, and I don't see how Tweed's antisocial behavior could possibly make it any better.

In fairness (to BRTD, not Tweed), I'm not convinced BRTD considers it 'funny'. It's written in such a way that somebody with a specific type of limited emotional range might find it tragic.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2015, 10:31:30 PM »

In fairness (to BRTD, not Tweed), I'm not convinced BRTD considers it 'funny'. It's written in such a way that somebody with a specific type of limited emotional range might find it tragic.

Yes, I've never considered it funny at all. It's just similar to a very "emo" style of writing (referring to real emo of course) and very much in the style of scene people on LiveJournal circa first half of the 00s. Tweed nailed it perfectly. Also my current namesake reminded me of it, the actual song title is The Year Summer Ended In June, although it's a far more tragic scenario: The song is about an old band the vocalist used to be in where two of the members were killed in a car accident. Where he was also in the car and was the only survivor.

And I was listening to it when I read that BK was banned. And later when I read Tweed was banned...it was playing again. God has an odd sense of humor at times. Hence the poignancy.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2015, 10:40:28 PM »

Ah, so in order to vote 'yes' to this poll, you literally need to be BRTD.  Got it.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2015, 11:04:59 PM »

There are three other yes votes besides me.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2015, 05:00:25 AM »

Yes, I've never considered it funny at all. It's just similar to a very "emo" style of writing (referring to real emo of course) and very much in the style of scene people on LiveJournal circa first half of the 00s. Tweed nailed it perfectly. Also my current namesake reminded me of it, the actual song title is The Year Summer Ended In June, although it's a far more tragic scenario: The song is about an old band the vocalist used to be in where two of the members were killed in a car accident. Where he was also in the car and was the only survivor.

And I was listening to it when I read that BK was banned. And later when I read Tweed was banned...it was playing again. God has an odd sense of humor at times. Hence the poignancy.

Oh wow. So it's even worse than I thought.
Anti-Bothsidesism
Somenamelessfool
United States

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2015, 04:25:49 PM »

who?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies