Gilmore candidacy is official: he files paperwork w/ the FEC
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:57:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Gilmore candidacy is official: he files paperwork w/ the FEC
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Gilmore candidacy is official: he files paperwork w/ the FEC  (Read 4934 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 27, 2015, 03:11:14 AM »
« edited: July 29, 2015, 04:48:06 PM by Mr. Morden »

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/no.-17-va.s-jim-gilmore-joining-gop-race-says-seriousness-counts/article/2568854

You must be logged in to read this quote.

UPDATE: He's in: http://onpolitics.usatoday.com/2015/07/29/jim-gilmore-presidential-paperwork/
BaconBacon96
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2015, 03:23:49 AM »

I am so excited.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2015, 03:39:20 AM »

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2015, 05:40:40 AM »

He's super cereal.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2015, 05:56:21 AM »

It is not too late to buy http://www.jamesgilmore.com .  Only $1500.  Once he's in the race, there could be dozens of people who visit that URL, so it's valuable real estate.  Meanwhile, http://www.jimgilmore.com is the site of a plastic surgeon in Dallas.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2015, 06:01:08 AM »

#JIMMENTUM, I'm feeling the excitement!
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2015, 10:08:30 AM »

Unless you are a Reagan or an Obama, or possibly a Sanders, there is no beating a Bush or a Clinton in a primary.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2015, 11:33:13 AM »

Spoiler : Gilmore will lose the nomination
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2015, 12:57:38 PM »

Spoiler Alert: May take 0.5% in announcement spike.

Big game-changer. He's at sixth or seventh in the Virginia primary polls.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2015, 01:03:05 PM »

It is not too late to buy http://www.jamesgilmore.com .  Only $1500.  Once he's in the race, there could be dozens of people who visit that URL, so it's valuable real estate.  Meanwhile, http://www.jimgilmore.com is the site of a plastic surgeon in Dallas.

Photographed: a Gilmore supporter.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2015, 01:04:24 PM »

Unless you are a Reagan or an Obama, or possibly a Sanders, there is no beating a Bush or a Clinton in a primary.

Kasich will take down bush and become the moderates favorite
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2015, 01:18:26 PM »

Last call, folks. There's still time to get into the consolation prize debate.

Sarah Palin? Bob Ehrlich? John Bolton? Anybody? Mitt, sure you don't want one more shot? What about Louie Gohmert, you only live once.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2015, 01:26:47 PM »

Sarah Palin? Bob Ehrlich? John Bolton? Anybody? Mitt, sure you don't want one more shot? What about Louie Gohmert, you only live once.

Gohmert 5 President has been a dream of mine for ages. Slogan: Bachmann with a dick.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2015, 01:38:35 PM »

I like John Kasich. He's been a good Governor, he was a good Congressman, and if Jeb Bush weren't running, he'd be a front-runner for my vote.

But as I look at the choice, I see Governor Bush's experience, track record, vision, and ability to both win and govern as being far superior to anyone else running. My guess is primary voters will come to the same conclusion when all is said and done.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2015, 01:41:52 PM »

what the ...lol
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2015, 03:28:00 PM »

I like John Kasich. He's been a good Governor, he was a good Congressman, and if Jeb Bush weren't running, he'd be a front-runner for my vote.

But as I look at the choice, I see Governor Bush's experience, track record, vision, and ability to both win and govern as being far superior to anyone else running. My guess is primary voters will come to the same conclusion when all is said and done.

I think Kasich will come out as a fresh figure and not as an establishment figure with a brother who is considered by many as a failed president. Also Kasich is  best equipped to deal with the deficit without cutting too much in spending.
An American Tail: Fubart Goes West
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2015, 03:31:33 PM »

Gohmert 5 President has been a dream of mine for ages. Slogan: Bachmann with a dick.

The other difference is that Gohmert is so stupid that he becomes funny.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2015, 03:32:25 PM »

No one has cast a vote yet, but you say this.  Interesting.

If your statement is true, it's a sad commentary on American politics.  It suggests that Democracy is fixed, a scripted event, just like WWE  
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2015, 05:35:36 PM »

I think Kasich will come out as a fresh figure and not as an establishment figure with a brother who is considered by many as a failed president. Also Kasich is  best equipped to deal with the deficit without cutting too much in spending.

The only people who aren't going to support another Bush are Democrats. Independent voters don't like W, but they are more willing to give Jeb a chance to convince them. Jeb's strong suit is his ability to reach centrist voters.

No one has cast a vote yet, but you say this.  Interesting.

If your statement is true, it's a sad commentary on American politics.  It suggests that Democracy is fixed, a scripted event, just like WWE  

The voters decide based upon who they believe to be the best candidate. In 1988, 2000, and 2004, it happened to be a Bush. In 1980 and 1992, it wasn't. We'll see what happens in 2016.

By the way, if it was really "fixed" then Hillary Clinton would have been nominated for President in 2008, not Barack Obama. George Bush would have won re-election in 1992. George W. Bush would have won the popular vote in 2000. The voters have elected and rejected the Bush family and the Clintons.

I can tell you in all candor, I would not have supported George Bush in 1980 or 1988. He is a great man, but my candidate in '80 would have been Reagan, it would have been Jack Kemp in 1988. Of course, I vote Republican in general elections, though if you get your way that will change, as it will for millions of other Republicans who will stay home if Trump is nominated.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2015, 08:21:58 PM »

There is literally no pick up of this story by anyone other than the Washington Examiner.  jamesgilmore.com is still for sale, and Gilmore's official Facebook page hasn't been updated in weeks…and only has 64 "likes".

Can you feel the Gil-mentum?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2015, 09:02:13 PM »

Gohmert certainly needs the word 'dick' somewhere in his slogan, so that works.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2015, 09:12:47 PM »

I wonder if he will be at the NH Union Leader event. They have some basic criteria about having staffers in early states I think (along with official FEC filing).
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2015, 09:30:45 PM »
« Edited: July 27, 2015, 09:34:38 PM by Fuzzy Bear »

Pretty accurate.

I'm amazed Gohmert hasn't taken the plunge.  He had the funniest line in 2012 about Mitt Romney when he said:  "If you’re not sure about whether to endorse Mitt Romney, whether you’re liberal, moderate, or conservative, you should be excited, because he’s been on your side at one time or another!”.  
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2015, 11:29:59 PM »

There is literally no pick up of this story by anyone other than the Washington Examiner.  jamesgilmore.com is still for sale, and Gilmore's official Facebook page hasn't been updated in weeks…and only has 64 "likes".

Can you feel the Gil-mentum?

Oh, when he gets elected President, the United States will become Gil-ligans Island.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2015, 07:11:17 AM »

Roll Eyes
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies