Does your family know about the infraction point system?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:44:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Does your family know about the infraction point system?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Does your family know about the infraction point system?
yes

no

I try to infract my family at every opportunity

This thread should get 10 points for spamming

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 39

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: Does your family know about the infraction point system?  (Read 1413 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 27, 2015, 09:58:24 AM »

?
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2015, 10:04:46 AM »

Options 2 and 4 for me. I mean, if I went into that with my partner Dan, he would just roll his eyes, and say, hey Steve, you need to get a life. And then he would remind me of all the things we should be doing, but are not, because I am stuck right here on Atlas. So I don't want to open that can of worms.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2015, 10:25:20 AM »

My family was very displeased to learn I had five points. My mother nearly stormed over to give the moderators a piece of her mind.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2015, 04:57:11 PM »

Options 3 and 4.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2015, 06:41:25 AM »

Of course they do.

I mean, how could one not share such a vital information with their loved ones?
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2015, 10:46:54 AM »

Of course they do.

I mean, how could one not share such a vital information with their loved ones?
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2015, 11:11:39 AM »

My husband has an account here, so I guess he does.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2015, 12:26:12 PM »
« Edited: July 28, 2015, 12:33:00 PM by Snowguy716 »

TRIGGER WARNING:  USE OF THE WORD SPERGY BELOW.  WARNING.  ATTENTION.  ACHTUNG! PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK.

In regards to option 3:

In my elementary school we had a traffic light installed on the wall of the lunch room/cafeteria that regulated the talking.

Through most of my time there, it was almost always yellow.  Yellow meant "talk quietly amongst yourselves" while red was flipped on when it got too loud and we all had to shut up or face an angry lunch lady hissing at you.

There were rumors as to what the green light meant... food fight?  Party?  Chaos?  Revolution?  We settled on food fight.  When one noob lunch lady meant to turn on the red light and accidentally flipped on the green light, everybody had food in hand and arms in the air screaming food fight in a second.  We were dismayed when the red light came on and everyone groaned disapprovingly and went back to silently eating.

Some time in 4th grade they changed it.  Green now meant to talk quietly.  In one fell swoop, our aspirations for a school sanctioned food fight were dashed and we were left with the hollow shell of a dream.  Yellow meant "you're cruisin for a bruisin" and red meant no talking.  They sucked the mystery out of it.  Probably the effect of baby boomers moving into leadership positions in the school system during the 90s.  "Make everything fascist but pretend to be their best friends!" said every Baby Boomer ever about Millennials.

Anyway, being a spergy little kid, I was totally enthralled by this system of stoplight regulation and decided to try it at home.  I constructed a traffic light of sorts out of duplo legos and tried to regulate conversation at the dinner table.  

Of course no one took it seriously and I was very upset about this and proceeded to grab power at the dinner table in a tyrannical bid for conversation regulation.  But ultimately my siblings and dad found it annoying while my mom thought it was adorable.  I learned quickly that institutional regulations don't apply very well in a nuclear family setting.  

I often wonder if my school still has that old traffic light set up, regulating the lunch conversation of 8 year olds and piquing the interest of spergy little kids like I was.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2015, 12:43:06 PM »

jao
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2015, 04:20:23 PM »

In my elementary school we had a traffic light installed on the wall of the lunch room/cafeteria that regulated the talking...

I must say, that whole story seems astoundingly authoritarian. And there was never a indulgent or thin-skinned parent who complained?
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2015, 07:07:59 PM »

Of course not.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2015, 08:57:07 PM »

In my elementary school we had a traffic light installed on the wall of the lunch room/cafeteria that regulated the talking...

I must say, that whole story seems astoundingly authoritarian. And there was never a indulgent or thin-skinned parent who complained?
I should hope not!
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2015, 12:25:41 AM »

I'm waiting for the right moment to inform my mother of the demise of death points.  I hope she's sitting down, as I'm sure it will be very traumatic.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2015, 01:28:50 AM »

I'm waiting for the right moment to inform my mother of the demise of death points.  I hope she's sitting down, as I'm sure it will be very traumatic.

have cold wash cloths ready.  Also, maybe a good slug of bourbon.  Maybe have psychiatrists on standby in case she needs an emergency prescription of xanax.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2015, 01:35:32 AM »

have cold wash cloths ready.  Also, maybe a good slug of bourbon.  Maybe have psychiatrists on standby in case she needs an emergency prescription of xanax.

Problem is, she's 10,000 miles away, so I was planning to do it over Skype.  However, I'm visiting the US in about a month, so maybe I should just wait until then, so I can tell her in person.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2015, 01:38:05 AM »

Problem is, she's 10,000 miles away, so I was planning to do it over Skype.  However, I'm visiting the US in about a month, so maybe I should just wait until then, so I can tell her in person.

In person is recommended.  Then you can't paint lulz on her face when she passes out in surprise at the news.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2015, 02:25:56 AM »

Every time is the right time to have some good bourbon on hand. Smiley
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies