Are Atlas witchhunts against socks worse than socks themselves?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:16:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Are Atlas witchhunts against socks worse than socks themselves?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Are Atlas witchhunts against socks worse than socks themselves?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 43

Author Topic: Are Atlas witchhunts against socks worse than socks themselves?  (Read 687 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 28, 2015, 10:08:03 AM »

Yes, and a good example of why I say all mods are acting like Inks now. Inks would engage in McCarthyist tactics against anyone he had any suspicion of being a sock, and that's continuing, with people being banned for being "socks", when their original account is over two years old and barely used, or incidents like with JoMCaR where there was no sock at all and the mods handwaved exculpatory evidence ("well the "socks" have different IP addresses...but he might just be posting from other locations.")

Seriously why does it matter if someone makes another account after not posting here for years?
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2015, 10:37:54 AM »
« Edited: July 28, 2015, 10:42:20 AM by Torie »

BRTD, you didn't read my comment very closely elsewhere, if you are referring to the recent case. The poster used one account to complain about a ban of his other account, so there was no sock hunt at all. The ban of the other account, was due to a host of reasons, and some investigation of a potential sock based on allegations, but not a lot (and the other account of this poster that he thereafter used to complain about the ban was not in play at all), and then the ban was reversed, because the decision was too hasty, with not enough homework done, and thus ending up proving not to be justified. We apologized. The Cave does not spend a huge amount of time investigating socks these days, and then typically only if it pertains to a problem poster already on the radar screen. Thanks.

This is more about beating a dead horse than anything else.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2015, 05:10:53 PM »

Maybe. I'd say they're roughly just as bad. The whole JoMCaR witchhunt, for example, is a shocking case of Atlasia partisanship going much too far. I've even been accused of being a sock (even though I've been cleared by multiple mods) because...Huh

People should be considered innocent until proven guilty, and if a person suspects another person of being a sock, they should contact the moderators, and I'd even say they should first ask the person in question what they think. Making it public does nothing but increase negativity and discourage people from posting.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2015, 06:33:11 PM »

yes
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2015, 06:40:05 PM »

Yes. All users are socks of Hamilton unless proven otherwise.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies