How similar are Kasich and Huntsman, and why would Kasich be better than Bush? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:47:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  How similar are Kasich and Huntsman, and why would Kasich be better than Bush? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How similar are Kasich and Huntsman, and why would Kasich be better than Bush?  (Read 1957 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« on: July 29, 2015, 09:26:53 AM »

As to Huntsman and Kasich, they have quite different personalities, and Kasich has more of a common touch. And Kasich is from the part of the country that in American elections, is sort of like the West Midlands in Britain. It's where elections tend to be won and lost.

Much of the above also applies to Bush and Kasich (although Florida is a key state too of course). In addition, Kasich has a Kemp like focus on practical ways to effectively help the less fortunate life themselves up, in a way Bush has not. I think that is an advantage. What Kasich is potentially weak on as compared to Bush, is he does have a temper, and does not, or may not, project the gravitas and knowledge of Bush. If Kasich can show the discipline and smarts to mitigate these factors, he would be a very strong candidate indeed.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 09:36:23 AM »
« Edited: July 29, 2015, 09:39:42 AM by Torie »

In addition, Kasich has a Kemp like focus on practical ways to effectively help the less fortunate life themselves up, in a way Bush has not.

Which still seems weird to me, as someone who remembers the budget battles of the 90s.  Kasich (as House Budget Chair) was singularly focused on squeezing the federal budget above all else back then, wasn't he?  I don't remember Kasich being sympatico with compassionate conservatism at that time.  Seems like it's something that he embraced only as governor of Ohio.  And even then, as far as I can tell, he really only started doing this "What will I say to St. Peter?" stuff in the latter half of his first term in office, when his reelection prospects were looking dicey.  (Not to be cynical about this.  Tongue )

Morden, cynical? Perish the thought. Badger, get your butt over here, and put in your two cents please.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2015, 01:08:24 PM »
« Edited: July 29, 2015, 01:10:28 PM by Torie »

People keep on making this comparison. Why? Just because Kasich is not running from the right, or something deeper?

Speaking of the Bush, Kasich and Huntsman Bermuda Triangle, ... someone else thought of all three names at once, trying to mix and match the three respective corners of light.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies