Senate to vote on defunding Planned Parenthood (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:44:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Senate to vote on defunding Planned Parenthood (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Should we defund Planned Parenthood
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 99

Author Topic: Senate to vote on defunding Planned Parenthood  (Read 13591 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« on: July 28, 2015, 11:26:28 PM »

ACORN was thrown under the bus by spineless "Democrats" for nothing when the Democrats had large majorities in 2009,, so I'm pretty worried the Democrats will show their usual incompetence here.

Oh yeah, and before anyone tries to claim otherwise, no federal money goes to the 3% of Planned Parenthood's operations that are relation to abortion. It goes to things like cancer screening.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 09:03:52 PM »

If it isn't defunded, Congress should at least prohibit them from donating to political campaigns while receiving federal funds. I mean, Planned Parenthood is a corporation, and they engage in a lot of corporate money speech, which the left usually says is bad. It just seems weird that the feds give money to a non-profit which has lots of profits, enabling it to divert those profits into attack ads against Republicans.
The Feds don't just "give" money to Planned Parenthood, they buy the provision of services from them.  I rather doubt that the Koch brothers would be happy if everyone with a political agenda couldn't provide services to the government.

That would definitely make Boeing and Lockheed Martin very very angry, and so would never happen.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2015, 05:25:01 PM »

I find it very concerning that the United States Senate is taking votes based on edited videos from right-wing blogs. Is it really a good idea to let Breitbart type sites have such in influence on elected officials?

They already voted 85-11 to bar funding to ACORN based upon some edited video from a right-wing blog.  So it isn't like this is anything new.  The Senate really is a horrible body.  And that was when there were 59 Senators, counting Sanders. Of course Sanders was one of the 11.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2015, 11:55:01 PM »

Yes, it should be defunded (Cares about human life; sane)

Anyway, the bill failed 53-46. Joe Donnelly and Joe Manchin were the only Democrats who supported the Republican defunding push. Mark Kirk voted against it, so did the Democratic anti-abortion Senators Heidi Heitkamp and Bob Casey Jr.  

My Senators did the righteous vote (sane pro-life conservatarian)

Any pro-life politician who voted against the measure should be ashamed.

Ashamed for what? Not cutting money for birth control that helps lead to fewer abortions?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2015, 10:19:59 PM »

Some of the Planned Parenthood money goes to men. #WarOnMen
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies