Is it just me, or does Trump seem untouchable? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:44:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Is it just me, or does Trump seem untouchable? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is it just me, or does Trump seem untouchable?  (Read 8351 times)
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« on: July 29, 2015, 09:16:08 AM »

Even one of these events would have been enough to take down one of the 2011 flavors of the month.

Not in all cases.  It took quite a few sexual harrassment claims (not to mention a fair few stupid comments and senior moments) to take down Cain.

Well it wasn't so much that it was insufficient to take him down than it was that multiple claims were needed in order for them to be taken seriously.

I just hope Trump doesn't turn into some kind of Berlusconi-esque Teflon man.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 09:21:17 AM »

Even one of these events would have been enough to take down one of the 2011 flavors of the month.

Not in all cases.  It took quite a few sexual harrassment claims (not to mention a fair few stupid comments and senior moments) to take down Cain.

Well it wasn't so much that it was insufficient to take him down than it was that multiple claims were needed in order for them to be taken seriously.

Right.  But it's similar with Trump and the Ivana allegation.  If there were several more stories like that, Trump would be toast.

Would he, though? Trump is the sort of person who I could see playing the victim card in such a situation and getting away with it.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2015, 09:28:20 AM »

Then again, did anyone expect this of Cosby?

With the new and increasingly popular standard of affirmative consent, I suspect there may be unpleasant sounding stories from Trump's younger years, or indeed most candidates', but particularly Trump, with the time he spent "living it up" in his 20s. Whether or not they'd gain currency outside left-wing circles is another matter, however.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies