Rubio compares the killing of Cecil the lion to abortion
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 09:56:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Rubio compares the killing of Cecil the lion to abortion
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Rubio compares the killing of Cecil the lion to abortion  (Read 2150 times)
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2015, 07:11:37 PM »

Rubio is not as thoughtful as I wish he would be. This one was an unforced error.

How is this an unenforced error exactly?  You do realize Rubio is running in the REPUBLICAN primary, not the primary of your new party.  Most Republican primary voters are repulsed by the Planned Parenthood videos.

Because it seems foolish, and I don't think Pub primary voters are in general foolish. Do you?

It seems more cliche than foolish to me anyway. This sort of "caring about animals vs caring about fetuses" comparison has been made exhaustively. This is really nothing new here.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2015, 07:22:40 PM »

Whatever opinion you have about abortion, it's hard to deny that this is clearly a cheap attempt to politicize news which should have nothing to do with politics.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2015, 10:42:29 PM »

Rubio is not as thoughtful as I wish he would be. This one was an unforced error.

How is this an unenforced error exactly?  You do realize Rubio is running in the REPUBLICAN primary, not the primary of your new party.  Most Republican primary voters are repulsed by the Planned Parenthood videos.

Were you previously unaware that aborted fetuses are used in medical research, and have been for years?
EliteLX
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.64, S: 0.85

« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2015, 12:32:10 AM »

Give me a break, this title reminds me of MSNBC.

Don't compare the life of a lion to the dignity & lives of millions of meaningful lives that should of and could of been.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2015, 12:18:59 PM »

It is wiser to compare positions on heated issues to principles better established. So what did Thomas Paine say of how to compensate slave owners for the loss of 'their' slaves?

He said, nothing -- because slaves are stolen property. Thieves and receivers of stolen property have no right to the property.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2015, 12:35:16 PM »

Don't compare the life of a lion to the dignity & lives of millions of meaningful lives that should of and could of been.

Well I guess we now have to criminalize any woman who gets her period. RIP Women
fenrir
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.26, S: -8.35

« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2015, 12:38:22 PM »

I'm actually surprised it took as long as it did for outrageous comments like these to come out. My friend's mother-in-law told her "[she didn't] care about Sandy Hook and subsequent calls for gun control because abortion is still legal in this country."

This holier-than-thou, "do as I say, not as I do," "you're incapable of making decisions" type of obsession over telling people what they can't do with their genitals and sexual health is frankly shy-making.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies