Christie to Colorado: Pot party is over if I'm elected President
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 03:38:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Christie to Colorado: Pot party is over if I'm elected President
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Christie to Colorado: Pot party is over if I'm elected President  (Read 4870 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 29, 2015, 06:12:55 PM »

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/249526-christie-to-colorado-pot-party-ends-with-me

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie on Tuesday doused the hopes of those who might want to enjoy state-legalized marijuana with him in the White House.
"If you’re getting high in Colorado today, enjoy it," Christie, a Republican presidential candidate, said during a town-hall event in the early voting state of New Hampshire, according to Bloomberg.

“As of January 2017, I will enforce the federal laws,” he added.

Christie, who has long opposed recreational marijuana and said early this month that he has never tried pot, has stated that unlike President Obama he would not selectively choose which federal laws to enforce.
Orthogonian Society Treasurer
CommanderClash
YaBB God
Bermuda

Political Matrix
E: 0.32, S: 4.78

P
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 06:13:58 PM »

lol
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2015, 06:16:49 PM »

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/249526-christie-to-colorado-pot-party-ends-with-me

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie on Tuesday doused the hopes of those who might want to enjoy state-legalized marijuana with him in the White House.
"If you’re getting high in Colorado today, enjoy it," Christie, a Republican presidential candidate, said during a town-hall event in the early voting state of New Hampshire, according to Bloomberg.

Christie, who has long opposed recreational marijuana and said early this month that he has never tried pot, has stated that unlike President Obama he would not selectively choose which federal laws to enforce.

Well, that's CO lost for the Republicans if Christie is on the ticket.
Skye
yeah_93
YaBB God
Venezuela

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2015, 06:30:44 PM »

🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2015, 06:36:55 PM »

Christie hasn't had a good experience with cannabis, it gives him the munchies. Although to be fair, most things give him the munchies.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2015, 07:10:18 PM »

Chris Christie (RINO-NJ) obviously has no respect for state's rights.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2015, 07:18:38 PM »

If they vote for him, will he not shutdown their pot drivethrough lanes?
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2015, 07:31:04 PM »

Wait, I thought going after marijuana was part of the GOP platform?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2015, 07:32:43 PM »

Supporting pot legalisation is not a conservative position, much less is it one whose opponents can be called RINOs!
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2015, 07:43:02 PM »
« Edited: July 29, 2015, 07:44:53 PM by OC »

[/quote]

The GOP, in 2004, could have allocated electors according to Congressional district, but Dubya won the state anyways, as amendment failed.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2015, 07:44:43 PM »

Oh good, he guarantees he'll never be president.

Supporting pot legalisation is not a conservative position, much less is it one whose opponents can be called RINOs!

State's rights is a conservative position however, and having the federal government override that will alienate most conservatives.
JonathanSwift
United States

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2015, 07:49:39 PM »

Actually, in a Christie vs. Clinton match-up, I could easily see Colorado vote Libertarian or Green.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2015, 07:52:40 PM »

Actually, in a Christie vs. Clinton match-up, I could easily see Colorado vote Libertarian or Green.

Not a chance, CO will be contested.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2015, 07:56:15 PM »
« Edited: July 29, 2015, 07:58:11 PM by OC »

Clinton will and must win CO, but you think GOP will also win Pa.

Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2015, 08:27:37 PM »

Clinton will and must win CO, but you think GOP will also win Pa.

Well, I am assuming that Republicans will make a REAL play for the state this time, which remains to be seen.

They made a real play for it last time.  Colorado is a state that is now, on balance, socially liberal, and put off by the religious conservatives that make up a significant part of the GOP base.  This wasn't always so, but Colorado has changed, demographically, somewhat in the same manner New Hampshire has changed, only less so.
Podgy the Bear
mollybecky

« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2015, 09:49:09 PM »

Christie hasn't had a good experience with cannabis, it gives him the munchies. Although to be fair, most things give him the munchies.

Christie doesn't need marijuana because he gets his highs from eating excessively.

Several years ago, there was an anti-cannabis drug called Acomplia that was indicated for weight loss but was pulled from the market.  Too bad for him, because this tub of lard needs help.
EliteLX
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.64, S: 0.85

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2015, 10:01:19 PM »

Bad idea Christie, bad idea.

If there's one thing 'pubs need to drop from their social issue stance it's Marijuana. It's not crack cocaine like your dare instructor taught you anymore. Another thing I think GOP should leave out of their frontline social battles in nationwide general elections is pushing for traditional marriage.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2015, 12:10:36 AM »
« Edited: July 30, 2015, 12:12:11 AM by maxheem »

Christie is reading Giuliani's playbook and thinking it's a good one. What an oaf.

People at least used to like the tough on crime pol thing. That is, until they met what that politician actually looks like. I will say Christie can play up nice and act presentable unlike that Mr. Dooom ghoul Giuliani.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2015, 01:18:15 AM »

"New York Police state of mind" candidate, is not a good choice for socially libertarian swing voters.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2015, 11:21:01 AM »

HAHAHAHAHA! Good one!

..... Oh wait, you're.... serious?
coloradocowboi
United States

« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2015, 03:09:48 PM »

We are talking about Colorado here, so yes of course I am. Although Jill Stein has a decent chance of carrying it as well.

I'm hoping this is sarcasm. But no 3rd Party candidate is winning anywhere (except maybe Trump in WV or OK), least of all the Greens. T

he GOP definitely has a shot at winning CO, but they will have to basically replicate their 2014 strategy and expand outreach to Latinos.

And before someone gives me the BUT THE Q POLL answer. Stop, look at the metrics of that poll. Q is basing their model of Latino turnout on 2014 assumptions, not 2012 assumptions. They said Romney would carry CO in 2012, and not only did he lose, but he lost bigger than he did in Pennsylvania and Ohio.

This state has changed forever because Denver is king. Republicans who can't compete in the Metro area are numerically doomed. Christie, with this statement, has added himself to that list. If the GOP nominated Rand Paul, however, they might even be favored. They won't do that though, so this CO Democrat isn't losing any sleep. We're not the new NH, we're the new NV, and the Republicans can kiss their presidential aspirations here goodbye for a while.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2015, 07:26:36 PM »

I'll buy that Republicans have a chance in CO (provided that they can do better among Hispanic voters than in 2012,) but... Safe R? You must be joking. Even Lean R is a huge stretch.
JonathanSwift
United States

« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2015, 07:34:16 PM »

I'll buy that Republicans have a chance in CO (provided that they can do better among Hispanic voters than in 2012,) but... Safe R? You must be joking. Even Lean R is a huge stretch.

Hillary is weak in Colorado. In fact, if she's the Democratic nominee, she might just receive fewer votes there than whoever the Constitution Party nominates.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2015, 08:09:31 PM »

Okay, this is getting a little silly here. Hillary is obviously at a disadvantage in CO, but I say she wins there before she wins GA, AZ, or MO.

That said, she will probably do worse in CO than in any other Obama '12 state, and she may even do better in NC than in CO.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2015, 08:11:52 PM »

Okay, this is getting a little silly here. Hillary is obviously at a disadvantage in CO, but I say she wins there before she wins GA, AZ, or MO.

That said, she will probably do worse in CO than in any other Obama '12 state, and she may even do better in NC than in CO.

This. This Safe R Colorado stuff is getting old, even with the fact that its a complete joke.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies