The Antonio Archive of Old Atlas Superiority
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 12:51:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Antonio Archive of Old Atlas Superiority
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Antonio Archive of Old Atlas Superiority  (Read 3495 times)
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 30, 2015, 12:50:56 AM »

So FYI Antonio has convinced me that AAD is nothing but complete garbage and Old Atlas is where it's at. So I'm going to use this to highlight the type of contributions that stand out on Old Atlas and that we don't have anything of the like on AAD.

Let's start with this wonderful bit: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=216663.0

That alone completely puts every post on AAD to shame. Wonderful!
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2015, 12:51:36 AM »

We already have a non-Christian president right now. Have you ever seen what is written on Obama's wedding ring? 'There is no God but Allah' in Arabic. That's just shameful that we elected him.

I seriously should stop spending so much time on AAD. Think of all of the high quality posts of this type I might miss out on here!
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2015, 12:53:07 AM »

Are you trying to convince yourself?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2015, 12:53:37 AM »

Forget Lewis Trondheim. No what we need is this type of cutting edge analysis!

Jon Huntsman (I) 47% 273 EV
Bernie Sanders (D) 38% 222 EV
Donald Trump (R) 14% 43 EV

BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2015, 12:56:29 AM »

Are you trying to convince yourself?

Nah. What would be the point? I'm not banned and can freely post on either.

This forum has some of the dumbest f[inks]ing garbage I have ever read. Do you deny anything highlighted here is completely idiotic trash? And meanwhile you bash AAD as being completely idiotic trash...despite the fact you have literally never ever even read it (unless you have a lurker sock account.)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2015, 12:58:09 AM »

So all the threads about this on AAD aren't good enough for you?  You want to start one here too?  Smiley
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2015, 12:59:04 AM »

This forum has some of the dumbest f[inks]ing garbage I have ever readwrote.

ftfy
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2015, 01:00:27 AM »

Yeah, we just need some more socks along the lines of LarryT to really spice this forum up.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2015, 01:01:09 AM »

This forum has some of the dumbest f[inks]ing garbage I have ever read.

YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2015, 01:01:18 AM »

Jfc, there is not a single thread by you that isn't a completely obvious example of the type of trash you rant about.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2015, 01:03:28 AM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=216694.0

...I wasn't even looking for that. Just noticed it on the main page.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2015, 01:09:27 AM »

So, there are stupid posts around. That obviously makes the entire Atlas Forum horrible ::}
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2015, 01:11:46 AM »

So all the threads about this on AAD aren't good enough for you?  You want to start one here too?  Smiley

Point doesn't need to be made there.

This isn't even really a pure bashing thread since unlike some of the AAD crew I don't consider here to be completely worthless, it most certainly isn't. I just think it's ridiculous about how smug the anti-AAD people are when: 1-This place is overflowing with this type of crap and AAD has nothing similar and 2-Most of them have never even read an AAD post. Though you have and I'm sure won't disagree that AAD lacks anything like the highlighted posts here or 2016 board style hackery.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2015, 01:12:44 AM »

So, there are stupid posts around. That obviously makes the entire Atlas Forum horrible ::}

That wasn't actually my point. See above post.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2015, 01:24:37 AM »

Just before I sign off let me re-emphasize this:

There is still quality content to be found here if you're willing to sift through tons of this type of crap. Not denying that. Just wish the quality:crap ratio wasn't as skewed in the direction it is.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2015, 01:50:15 AM »

Point doesn't need to be made there.

And yet there are many threads there talking about how terrible this place is.  Maybe it doesn't need to be made, but people talk about it an awful lot.

This isn't even really a pure bashing thread since unlike some of the AAD crew I don't consider here to be completely worthless, it most certainly isn't.  I just think it's ridiculous about how smug the anti-AAD people are when: 1-This place is overflowing with this type of crap and AAD has nothing similar and 2-Most of them have never even read an AAD post.

Well, on post quality, I reiterate what I said in the other thread that (IMHO, and I'm not offended if you disagree) there's plenty of junk on AAD too, it's just a different kind of junk.  But I'm not going to go over there to look for (what I consider) bad posts, and repost them in this thread for us to scrutinize and debate what's better....because I can't be bothered.  I don't care that much.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Though I may be in a small minority even here, I do legit like the 2016 board here, even though there's a lot of hackery from certain posters.  Maybe there'll now be a thread on AAD where people say "Morden likes the 2016 board on Bad Atlas.  How dumb can he be?", but whatever.  I'm just not bothered by other people having different opinions about what they enjoy reading or writing online.  I'm not going to get into a debate about this or that post in order to justify it.

Regarding Antonio's criticisms...I'm not going to try to speak for him, but it sounded like what he didn't like there was more the "forum culture" than the posting quality as such.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2015, 01:57:18 AM »

Anyway, maybe Dead0 and others are being unfair, shouldn't be talking about a forum they've never been to, etc.  But when a bunch of people on an internet forum post something like "This forum has some good points, but has way too much crap.  You need to try this other forum that's much better.", and they do this repeatedly over several weeks/months...can you really be surprised when people who like the forum they're on, and have no desire to move, start to get annoyed and respond with snark?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2015, 02:04:46 AM »

lolbrtd
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2015, 02:14:17 AM »

Anyway, maybe Dead0 and others are being unfair, shouldn't be talking about a forum they've never been to, etc.  But when a bunch of people on an internet forum post something like "This forum has some good points, but has way too much crap.  You need to try this other forum that's much better.", and they do this repeatedly over several weeks/months...can you really be surprised when people who like the forum they're on, and have no desire to move, start to get annoyed and respond with snark?

Nevermind the snark, it pretty much proves that the place isn't all that freaking great.  Things that are great don't need fanboys telling everybody all the time how great the great thing is.

(and I have seen a screen cap or 3, it was exactly like what I imagine it to be.....people's true colors fly when they don't think the person they're sh**tting on will see it....the cowards know who they are)
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2015, 03:03:27 AM »

So in order to improve content quality around here, I guess we need to increase moderation strictness to reduce the poor-quality spam?  Is that what you'd like to see?
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2015, 03:32:46 AM »

When has dead0 not responded with snark?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2015, 03:35:17 AM »

When has dead0 not responded with snark?

Fair point.  Tongue
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2015, 04:25:13 AM »

SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2015, 07:59:06 AM »

One of the best things about aad is that the ignore function allows you to block threads the poster created, which is necessary if you're posting in the same forum as BRTD.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2015, 10:39:42 AM »

Nevermind the snark, it pretty much proves that the place isn't all that freaking great.  Things that are great don't need fanboys telling everybody all the time how great the great thing is.

(and I have seen a screen cap or 3, it was exactly like what I imagine it to be.....people's true colors fly when they don't think the person they're sh**tting on will see it....the cowards know who they are)

I don't like that about AAD but thankfully that's only a small fraction of the discussion. 
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies