Separation of Church and State (It's a long one) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:45:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Separation of Church and State (It's a long one) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Separation of Church and State (It's a long one)  (Read 1377 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« on: May 07, 2005, 08:45:41 PM »
« edited: May 07, 2005, 08:48:14 PM by jfern »

What discrimination against Christians?  San Francisco elected a Catholic who talks about her faith to Congress. Do you have a g point? I'm really sick of hearing about this so-called "discrimination against Christians".  Bush Senior said that atheists shouldn't be considered citizens. That's discrimination, not this hypothetical stuff that you haven't mentioned.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2005, 09:15:39 PM »

What discrimination against Christians?  San Francisco elected a Catholic who talks about her faith to Congress. Do you have a g point? I'm really sick of hearing about this so-called "discrimination against Christians".  Bush Senior said that atheists shouldn't be considered citizens. That's discrimination, not this hypothetical stuff that you haven't mentioned.

Yeah, acutally, I do have a point!  Why is it that schools can talk about evolution all they won't, but even mention "intelligent design", heck no!  That would be religious.  Why do I hear of all these lawsuits where any mention of a god is just thrown away?  Why is it such a problem in this country to have a monument to a fundamental law code?  Why is it that plaques quoting the Bible had to be taken away from the park at the Grand Canyon?  The story is at http://www.reclaimamerica.org/PAGES/NEWS/newspage.asp?story=1294.  That version has a religious twist, I will warn you, but it does give a fuller story.  We are completely fine with government support of anything not religious, or even anti-religious.  That's my point.  Do you get it?

Evolution is a proven scientific theory. Intelligent design isn't even a scientific theory, according to the American Association for the Advancement of Science.
http://www.aaas.org/news/releases/2002/1106id2.shtml
There's nothing saying that one can't talk about non-scientific theories outside of a science class. The original pledge, as written by a clergyman, did not include "under god". Those plaques are still there. Do the Scientologists get to put up plaques too?  Every religion and cult that ever existed should get 3 plaques each at the edge of the grand Canyon.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies