Where do you stand on the killing of Cecil the Lion? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:52:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Where do you stand on the killing of Cecil the Lion? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What is your position on Cecil the lion's killing?
If you care about Cecil the lion, then you don't care about ISIS

If you care about Cecil the lion, then you don't care about abortion

If you care about Cecil the lion, then you don't care about black lives

I am against lion murder and can also simultaneously hold other views on other issues

I am pro- lion murder

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 66

Author Topic: Where do you stand on the killing of Cecil the Lion?  (Read 4015 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: August 01, 2015, 11:08:46 AM »

As an aside, let me point out that most of the posters here live in areas where the apex predators have been eliminated and would be opposed to their reintroduction. Despite being native to the Carolinas, I can't see either the wolf or the panther ever being anything but sport team mascots here.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2015, 11:30:50 PM »

As an aside, let me point out that most of the posters here live in areas where the apex predators have been eliminated and would be opposed to their reintroduction. Despite being native to the Carolinas, I can't see either the wolf or the panther ever being anything but sport team mascots here.

Particularly poor strawman.

Especially since it wasn't even a strawman, but an aside.  I wasn't offering it as any sort of defense of his actions.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2015, 03:06:32 PM »

That argument would be better if the good doctor lived in Africa and wasn't some rich douchebag paying a fortune to travel halfway around the world and wound a animal (at the very least use guns, when you kill a animal that size0.)

I don't have a problem with people killing even harmless or cute animals. But I do have a problem when people pay a fortune for killing a animal, they don't check and see whether it's a legal hunt.
To repeat, it was an aside, not an argument defending or minimizing the guy's actions.  Why the heck do people think otherwise?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies