Hillary Aides Worried about Possible Biden Candidacy (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 04:27:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Hillary Aides Worried about Possible Biden Candidacy (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hillary Aides Worried about Possible Biden Candidacy  (Read 7806 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« on: July 31, 2015, 01:55:29 AM »
« edited: July 31, 2015, 01:57:59 AM by ○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└ »

Well, polls like this are certainly adding to that.

Biden 49-39 (+ 10)
Sanders 32-25 (+ 7)
Clinton 40-51 (- 11)

Hillary supporters want the least electable of these 3. I expect Sanders to end up with similar numbers to Biden.

Anyways, while I definitely favor Sanders over Biden, I welcome Biden because that should help destroy these retarded inevitable arguments.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2015, 10:33:03 PM »

Other than Jim Webb, there is very little difference between the Democratic candidates. Biden entering the race would not change that much on domestic issues. When he was in the U.S. Senate, Joe Biden put his country before politics on foreign policy. Unfortunately, he has not done so as Vice President but that's because he's part of a team, not leading it. It would be interesting to see if he can contrast with his opponents, his best option is to sell himself as an elder statesman. Hillary Clinton has failed to do so, her strategy appears to be running for Obama's third term, which is risky given half the country disapproves of his job performance.

The Iraq war, the Syria war, TPP, Glass Steagall, fracking, NSA spying, and the like. All very minor issues.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2015, 04:50:15 PM »

Other than Jim Webb, there is very little difference between the Democratic candidates. Biden entering the race would not change that much on domestic issues. When he was in the U.S. Senate, Joe Biden put his country before politics on foreign policy. Unfortunately, he has not done so as Vice President but that's because he's part of a team, not leading it. It would be interesting to see if he can contrast with his opponents, his best option is to sell himself as an elder statesman. Hillary Clinton has failed to do so, her strategy appears to be running for Obama's third term, which is risky given half the country disapproves of his job performance.

The Iraq war, the Syria war, TPP, Glass Steagall, fracking, NSA spying, and the like. All very minor issues.

Martin O'Malley and Bernie Sanders are proponents of Glass-Steagall, I'm not sure where the others are on that so I can't comment.
Hillary opposes.
[/quote]

On fracking, Hillary is in favor and Bernie opposes, so yes there's a difference.

On the NSA, the same as fracking, I'm not sure where the others stand.
[/quote]
Sanders says the NSA shouldn't have as much power. Hillary is fine with the status quo.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Hillary was one of the biggest champions of the Iraq war.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Hillary has only recently supported SSM. She opposed it just 2 years ago, and thought it should be up to the states just last year. Bernie thinks that we need single payer, and actually got ObamaCare modified to be more friendly to a state taking up single payer. I'm pretty sure there are differences on military spending, financial regulations, and other policies.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies