2016: A Total Mess
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 07:57:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2016: A Total Mess
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6
Author Topic: 2016: A Total Mess  (Read 27688 times)
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 31, 2015, 01:29:07 AM »

Note: "The Democratic Revival???" is not dead and will be updated alongside this timeline. This is 2016 only (including the GE), not a four year timeline.

August 22nd, 2015 - Joe Biden enters Democratic Primary Race

"After carefully discussing the matter with my family and close friends over many months and carefully evaluating my ability to compete in the democratic primary, I have decided to mount one last run for President. Democrats deserve to have options, and I believe that I can mount an effective campaign and defeat Hillary Clinton!"

Over the course of the fall campaign, Sanders continues to have plenty of appeal among white liberals, but not much elsewhere. Biden, however, is able to cut significantly into Clinton's advantage among minorities and get enough women to remain viable. Going into Iowa, Clinton maintains a slight lead in the state polls, but Biden and Sanders are close behind. The Chafee, Webb, and O'Malley campaigns appear to have very little support.

Meanwhile, on the Republican side, Bush has had trouble turning his media appeal into lasting reality appeal, and may not last long in the primaries. The top contenders in Iowa are Scott Walker, Ben Carson, Donald Trump (who has performed remarkably well on the debate stage), and 2008 winner Mike Huckabee. Santorum and Perry are hoping for a last minute surge, but there does not seem to be much of a chance of that. Carly Fiorina dropped out of the republican primary in October, citing a lack of support. Bobby Jindal and George Pataki dropped out in November for the same reason. The other 14 candidates are still in the race. Many expected Gilmore, who is struggling to even reach 2 percent in polls, to drop out early, but he says he is going to let Iowa voters, not Iowa pollsters, decide the future of his candidacy.

The media was prepared for two exciting Iowa Caucuses.....

Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2015, 01:02:28 PM »

February 1, 2016 - Iowa Caucus - Part 1

Biden wins, Hillary places third in Iowa

Biden: 33.2%
Sanders: 31.4%
Clinton: 29%
Webb: 4.1%
O'Malley: 1.3%
Chafee: 1%

"And there we have it. A truly stunning defeat for the former Secretary of State. Just as she did in 2008, Hillary has placed third in the democratic Iowa Caucuses, a true disappointment. Tonight shows real, viable resistance to her candidacy from both the establishment, represented by Sitting VP Joe Biden, and the democratic base, represented by the Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders. Hillary has a long road to recovery from this stunning defeat.

Now, here's Jim Webb, giving his concession speech. Let's listen in."

"Today, the American people saw great goals accomplished. The voters in the caucuses have struck down a dynasty, they have shown that the democratic party wants a path forward that is led by someone who the grassroots activists really want to get behind, not someone who is electable, but someone who speaks to the desires of their heart. That person is our great Vice President, Joe Biden!

As much as I would love to continue in this race, I know that without a good showing in Iowa, a victory is not possible. We must be united as a party if we are going to stop Hillary from recovering  later on in the calendar. So, tonight I announce my withdrawal from the race."

"So, there you have it. Jim Webb, withdrawing from the race. We are hearing from the O'Malley, Clinton, Sanders, and Chafee campaigns that they will continue on to New Hampshire.

Now, here's Mr. Biden. Let's listen in."

"You know, when I entered this race, people told me that winning was impossible. You're too old, they said. Hillary has too many endorsements, they said. Hillary is beloved by the party, they said. Well, tonight, we proved them wrong! We proved them wrong! Democrats don't want a candidate that is being forced down their throats, they want a candidate who they actually want to get behind. And I am that candidate. Together, in NH, in SC, and across the country, we will continue to knock down this ridiculous dynasty, and give a new family a chance to hold the presidency!"

Democratic Primary Standings

1. Joe Biden - 1 win (IA)
2. Others - 0 wins

Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2015, 12:48:38 AM »

February 1, 2016 - Iowa Caucus - Part 2

Carson wins Iowa, Walker 2nd, Trump 3rd

Carson: 15%
Walker: 13.4%
Trump: 11.4%
Huckabee: 10.5%
Bush: 10.1%
Cruz: 9.9%
Perry: 8.3%
Santorum: 8%
Paul: 7.4%
Rubio: 7%
Graham: 4%
Kasich: 3.4%
Christie: 3.1%
Gilmore: 0.6%

"The message coming out of Iowa today is clear. The state is extremely divided. While Former Neurosurgeon Ben Carson walks away with the victory tonight, an astounding 85% of caucus goers did not vote for tonight's victor. This is the result of the largest field of major republican candidates in the history of this nation. Tonight's result likely says little about who will win the nomination, as doing well tonight involved winning over a far smaller number of voters than will be required in the later, more crucial contests.

Below Mr. Carson, Walker and Trump had good showings tonight, but Huckabee was expecting do better than 4th in this state. Bush performed about as well he could expect under the circumstances, defeating three key conservative candidates: Cruz, Perry, and Santorum. The latter two will likely drop out tonight. Rubio, despite being the media favorite for much of the fall, also did very poorly tonight and may be out. Paul, Graham, Kasich, and Christie have bigger hopes in other early states and will stay in the race. Gilmore, after failing to prove the Iowa pollsters wrong about his lack of support, is expected to withdraw from the race tonight. Now, we have Mike Huckabee giving his concession speech. Let's listen in."

"My Friends, in this campaign, we proved a lot. We proved that there is still real support for me among the conservative base. They were supposed to rally behind Cruz or Walker, but many gravitated toward our candidacy tonight. We proved that you can be someone who hasn't been in Washington, heck hasn't been in office for many years, and not lurk among the also-rans of the presidential race. My endorsement will be an influential one, and it's all because of the efforts of my many volunteers and staff, and a devoted collection of grassroots supporters.

Unfortunately, a 4th place finish tonight simply does not accomplish our goals. This is the state where we needed to make a big splash, and we did not do that tonight. This performance does not give my candidacy the right to continue dividing our party. The sooner we unite behind a nominee, the better. And so, tonight, I announce that I am withdrawing from the presidential race and endorsing Governor Scott Walker, whose experience and electoral history makes him uniquely suited to attain and excel at occupying the presidency of the United States!"

"Well, that was a bit of a surprise, many entertained the idea of him continuing on to South Carolina regardless of tonight's results. Now, let's hear from the nation's favorite candidate to hear speak:
Donald Trump!"

"We did it! We did it! When I entered the race, everyone said we had absolutely no chance of going anywhere. Oh, no one will vote for a non-politician, they said. Oh, he'll collapse in the debates, they said. Well, to all those detractors, in the lamestream media and elsewhere, we proved them wrong tonight! We catapulted over almost all of the establishment candidates. Bush? That lame piece of dog poop is lingering in 5th. Rubio? Stick a fork in him. Kasich? Hardly anybody voted for the guy. Christie? He did so poorly tonight, he'll probably gain 10 more pounds to mass-eating out of sadness. Graham? Still without any appeal.

No, all the momentum and all the support is going right here, it's going to me. This performance is a great start despite what the lamestream liberal media will soon do in an attempt to discredit it, and in New Hampshire, we're actually going to win!"

"Well, that was an interesting take on a third-place speech. No mention of calling Carson or Walker, no mention of thanking his staff, just a lashing out at the media and the candidates he defeated tonight. Now, we are hearing from the Gilmore campaign that while Gilmore is withdrawing from the race tonight, he will not make a speech due to an attendance of 3 people outside of the staff that were forced to attend at his so-called victory party. We are hearing from the Rubio,
Cruz, and Bush campaigns that they will press on. Let's listen in now to Rick Santorum."

"Look, there's no point in making this speech longer than it has to be, because it is obvious what is going to happen after tonight. I am thankful to my staff, my family and my supporters for everything they have done, and to the state of Iowa for hearing us out, but the fact is that we failed tonight. No other way to spin it. We failed, and there is no excuse for it. We failed, and there's no way to spin it. And so, tonight, I withdraw from the race and endorse Texas Sen. Ted Cruz."

"And now Rick Perry"

"My friends, tonight, the state of Iowa sent a message. It sent a message that I am simply not the right candidate to lead this great country. I trust the judgement of this state, which has held the first nominating caucus for several decades, and know that the only wise decision is to follow that judgement. So, I am going to leave this presidential race, I will return to Texas, and I will enthusiastically support whoever ends up with the nomination of our great party."

"So, that's 4 dropouts tonight. The field shrinks from 14 candidates to 10. It will likely be winnowed more after the New Hampshire Primary next week, a crucial contest for Trump, Paul, Kasich, and Christie. Bush would also love to do well there. Now, let's hear from tonight's winner, Dr. Ben Carson!"

"Tonight, the American people showed that you do not need to be a washington creature to lead this country. You do not need to be someone who practically enjoys holding office. No, you can be a common citizen who is simply frustrated with the state of our nation and our political system, and still get plenty of support. Tonight's win is the result of this state coming together and saying they want a change. Not the third Obama term offered by the Democrats, but also not 4 years of just talking and doing nothing that many of my establishment friends offer. Not the insanity offered by that lame businessman Donald Trump, but instead an administration lead by someone who can really get this country back on track. I can do that!

I may only be a neurosurgeon, but that doesn't mean I don't have concrete ideas to help America! It doesn't mean I can't be the president the country really needs. And that's what this state has demonstrated tonight, and what I believe the country will demonstrate over the course of this election cycle! My friends, this is not a stroke of beginner's luck, this is just the beginning of my success in this campaign!"

Republican Primary Standings

1. Carson - 1 win (IA)
2. Others - 0 wins

Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2015, 03:07:55 PM »

Hmm....

Biden and Webb are likely focusing on South Carolina, while Sanders and O'Malley compete for New Hampshire.

I'm expecting:

New Hampshire: Sanders-Kasich
Nevada: O'Malley-Rubio
South Carolina: Biden-Graham

Good luck, Wulfric! I'm really enjoying this so far.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2015, 04:35:13 PM »

Hmm....

Biden and Webb are likely focusing on South Carolina, while Sanders and O'Malley compete for New Hampshire.

I'm expecting:

Webb dropped out after Iowa.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2015, 05:26:25 PM »

Hmm....

I'm expecting:

Webb dropped out after Iowa.

... So Clinton will be fending off Sanders in New Hampshire, Biden in South Carolina, and O'Malley in Nevada. Yikes.

I think the first four primaries will be obvious, then, while Clinton tries to resurge on Super Tuesday.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2015, 06:12:51 PM »

good work!
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2015, 05:01:46 PM »

Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2015, 07:41:56 PM »

February 9, 2016 - New Hampshire Primary - Part 1

Sanders Victorious, Clinton places 3rd Again

Sanders: 34.4%
Biden: 30.4%
Clinton: 28%
O'Malley: 6.2%
Chafee: 1%

"Clinton loses again! This time, it is the democratic base, led by the Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders, who is leading the charge against her, although VP Joe Biden also defeated Clinton tonight. Over 70% of primary voters soundly rejected Hillary Clinton! Bad results for O'Malley and Chafee, who now must reevaluate their campaigns. Ah, here's Chafee beginning to speak. Let's listen in:

"The Democratic Party is an atrocity! When I joined this party, I was viewed with skepticism from the start despite legitimate progressive credentials. I was practically forced out of the office of governor of Rhode Island, and now this is the treatment they give me! Gah! A huge effort and I only get 1 percent of the vote. This is the sign of a bad party, my friends! A bad party. So, today, I not only announce my withdrawal from the race, but I also announce that I am leaving the democratic party, and will campaign for the libertarian party nomination starting tomorrow. Goodbye, Democrats, I hate almost all of you!!!!"

"So, there's Chafee, leaving the race, leaving the democratic party, and running for the libertarian party's nomination. That was completely and totally unexpected. But there you have it, Lincoln Chafee running for the Libertarian Party nomination. Now, we are hearing from the O'Malley, Biden, and Clinton campaigns that they will continue on to Nevada, the state that is probably the last hope for O'Malley's floundering campaign. Let's now go to Sanders's victory speech:

"The people have spoken tonight! Tonight, we have destroyed the democratic establishment and told them that there is real displeasure from the base of the party. Both Clinton and Biden offer nothing but more of the same pandering with no real result for another 4 or 8 years, and they deserve to hear that from the base of their party, and tonight, with your help, that message has been displayed! Thank You! This win will propel us to the nomination, no question about it! We are going to win!"

1. Sanders - 1 win (NH)
1. Biden - 1 win (IA)
3. Others - 0 wins

Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: 3.74

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2015, 09:54:13 PM »

So, today, I not only announce my withdrawal from the race, but I also announce that I am leaving the democratic party, and will campaign for the libertarian party nomination starting tomorrow. Goodbye, Democrats, I hate almost all of you!!!!"

"So, there's Chafee, leaving the race, leaving the democratic party, and running for the libertarian party's nomination.

LMAO. This is great.

So he's Rhode Island's answer to Charlie Crist?
Bakersfield Uber Alles
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2015, 02:06:05 AM »

So, today, I not only announce my withdrawal from the race, but I also announce that I am leaving the democratic party, and will campaign for the libertarian party nomination starting tomorrow. Goodbye, Democrats, I hate almost all of you!!!!"

"So, there's Chafee, leaving the race, leaving the democratic party, and running for the libertarian party's nomination.

LMAO. This is great.

So he's Rhode Island's answer to Charlie Crist?

In 2020, he'll run for President under the Moderate Party (a Rhode Island only party) ticket.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2015, 04:24:42 PM »

February 9, 2016 - New Hampshire Primary - Part 2

Trump wins, Kasich close 2nd

Trump: 19.4%
Kasich: 17.3%
Christie: 14.8%
Paul: 11.5%
Bush: 10%
Rubio: 7.9%
Carson: 7.5%
Walker: 7.1%
Cruz: 3.6%
Graham: 0.9%

"And look at that, Businessman Donald Trump has actually won a primary contest. He was supposed to be nothing more than a perennial candidate, but not tonight. Trump only narrowly won the contest, receiving 19% to 17% for Kasich, but a win is a win. Below Trump, Christie also had a good showing, but Paul's performance leaves something to be desired. Bush has kept himself viable for the moment. Bringing up the rear are Rubio, Carson, and Walker, who campaigned in the state but never really had much hope, and Cruz and Graham who did not make any attempt at all to compete in this primary. Let's listen in now to Paul's concession speech:

"The libertarian movement has proved itself strong! We have shown the republican party that there is a sector of their base that wants a new path, a new way to prosperity, a new way to govern this country. I'm a different kind of republican, the kind that this country needs!

Now, I have called Trump, Kasich, and Christie to congratulate them on their performances, but the fact remains that we made a strong impact in this primary, and my campaign is far from over! We will go to the State of Nevada and we will win! Thank you!"

"So, Rand Paul, despite a disappointing 4th place finish, is not going to drop out. We are hearing, in fact, that there will be no dropouts at all tonight. The field remains constant at 10. Now, let's listen in to Mr. Trump:

"We did it! We did it! The establishment has been defeated! They've tried everything, from Bush to Rubio to Kasich, but you, the people of New Hampshire, have shown that you do not want  a candidate who is forced down your throats! You do not want a candidate that is obsessed with political correctness and trying to pander to every little special interest group! No, you want a candidate who will go into office and actually try to accomplish things and listen to the will of the American People!

I will be a president that will stop this pandering under Barack Obama to environmentalists, abortionists, gay enthusiasts, and all the other liberal special interest groups. I will also not pander to every demand of the republican establishment in an effort to make our party politically correct. No, I will be a president that truly does what is best for the country and who isn't afraid to govern! Don't believe the pundits - tonight is the beginning of the end of the primary campaign for everyone but me, and in the general, I will defeat Hillary Clinton, or whoever the democratic nominee is, and defeat them decisively!"

1. Trump - 1 win (NH)
2. Carson - 1 win (IA)
3. Others - 0 wins

windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2015, 05:25:09 PM »

you don't seem to like Clinton Tongue.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2015, 05:27:45 PM »

That has been obvious about me from months before she was even a candidate...
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2015, 10:19:23 PM »

February 20th, 2016 - South Carolina Republican Primary

Walker wins, Carson very close 2nd

Walker: 18.4%
Carson: 18.1%
Rubio: 14.4%
Cruz: 13.2%
Graham: 10.1%
Trump: 7.4%
Bush: 7.2%
Kasich: 6.7%
Christie: 3.1%
Paul: 1.4%

"And just like in 2012, the first 3 contests on the Republican side have been won by 3 different candidates. Carson won in Iowa, Trump won in New Hampshire, but tonight, the establishment has pulled off a victory with the win of Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker. This win guarantees Walker's presence in the race through Super Tuesday, and makes it clear that he is a contender for the nomination.

Carson also had a great night tonight. His very strong second place finish shows he is more than just an "Iowa Wonder". Rubio probably did well enough tonight to continue on, but it is unclear if Cruz's 4th place finish is good enough for him to stay in the race. Finally, Lindsey Graham was truly embarrassed tonight, placing a disappointing 5th in his home state. The rest of the field did not seriously target the state, so they will not drop out based on tonight's results. Let's listen in now to Graham's concession speech:

"My friends, from the beginning, I have always trusted the judgement of my home state. There is a reason we have been trusted with an early primary for so many election cycles, and it is because this state has excellent judgment. Unfortunately, that judgment has been clear in that I am not the right choice to be President of this great nation. As a result, I am withdrawing from the race tonight. I do not have an endorsement at this time, though rest assured I will endorse the eventual nominee provided it is not Paul or Trump. I will now return to faithfully representing this great state in the United States Senate."

"So, Graham is out. And here's Cruz, let's listen in:

"I have always known that we must be united if we are to stop the establishment from nominating their handpicked candidate, which would lose the general in a landslide. It is clear after tonight that that can only happen with my absence from the race. So, I announce my withdrawal from the race tonight. My endorsement goes to Ben Carson, a true conservative who echoes the true values of this great nation."

"So, Cruz is dropping out to endorse Carson. Interesting choice. Now, we are hearing that Rubio is staying in the race. The next contest, the Nevada Caucus, will determine the future viability of Rubio's candidacy, just as it will for Bush and Paul. Let's now go to Walker's victory speech:

"We did it, America! Just as it was in Wisconsin, it is clear that to win in this country, you do not need to pander to the middle and the moderates, but can espouse clear, unwavering conservative principles, and still win! We don't need the shameful pandering of Bush, Rubio, Kasich, Christie, and Paul! No, we can go with my candidacy, the true conservative choice, and just as Wisconsin, a very blue state, voted for it, so will America. This victory could not have been possible with all of your support, and my greatest gratitude goes to all of my supporters, both here on stage and in the audience, and across this great nation. This contest does not represent a stroke of luck, it represents the fact that I will win this nomination! On to Super Tuesday!"

1. Trump - 1 win (NH)
1. Carson - 1 win (IA)
1. Walker - 1 win (SC)
4. Others - 0 wins
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2015, 11:18:40 PM »

Bush doing that dismally in South Carolina would merit a drop out.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2015, 11:28:00 PM »

Bush doing that dismally in South Carolina would merit a drop out.

I'm assuming that his O.K. performance in IA/NH would convince him to make a last stand in NV. Plus he didn't seriously target SC in this TL.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2015, 01:02:44 AM »

February 23, 2016 - Nevada Caucuses - Part 1

Hillary wins a plurality, opposition split

Clinton: 33.4%
Biden: 25.6%
O'Malley: 24.3%
Sanders: 16.7%

"Hillary Clinton has managed her first victory tonight in the Nevada Democratic Caucuses, however she did so with only a 33% plurality. Nearly 70% of Nevada Democrats rejected a candidacy that was once seen as the inevitable favorite for the nomination. This win is not expected to give Hillary any momentum heading into South Carolina, where polls forecast a close race between her and VP Joe Biden. Sanders said in the days leading up to this caucus that he was going to stay in the race through at least Super Tuesday no matter what happened here or in South Carolina, and we expect him to stick to that pledge. However, third place is a big disappointment for Martin O'Malley, so he should be withdrawing tonight. Ah, yes, here's O'Malley speaking now:

"My friends, tonight has shown yet again that Hillary Clinton is vulnerable and struggling for the democratic nomination, and that's a great thing. Unfortunately, my presence in the race allowed her narrow win tonight to occur, and without a victory here in Nevada, I cannot justify splitting the anti-Hillary vote any longer. I announce my withdrawal from the race tonight. My endorsement goes to our great Vice President, Joe Biden, who will be a great president for this great country!"

"As expected, O'Malley drops out and endorses Biden. Here's tonight's winner, Hillary Clinton:

"We did it! All the attacks from the media, the vice president, vermont's resident socialist, that pathetic excuse for a governor, they didn't mean a thing tonight! We plowed over those attacks with a message that truly connects with the American middle class! We showed tonight that that glass ceiling is going to be broken, that there will finally be a female president! This win is just the beginning, and this nomination is firmly mine!"

1. Clinton - 1 win (NV)
1. Sanders - 1 win (NH)
1. Biden - 1 win (IA)
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2015, 02:10:26 PM »

February 23, 2016 - Nevada Caucuses - Part 2

Paul wins, Bush places 2nd

Paul: 23.4%
Bush: 20%
Rubio: 16.9%
Christie: 12.7%
Kasich: 10.4%
Walker: 8.1%
Trump: 5.6%
Carson: 2.9%

"Look at that, Rand Paul has done what his father never managed to do - win a state in the primaries. Still a long road to the nomination for Paul, but this win gives him the potential to go the distance and become an actual contender for the nomination. Disappointing results for Bush and Rubio who were hoping to get their early state win here. Below them are Christie and Kasich, who made only half-hearted efforts in the state, and Walker, Trump, and Carson, who did not campaign at all in the state. Now, Marco Rubio is speaking:

"Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. Every vote we earned today was due to work of my great volunteers and supporters, and I've been appreciative of it throughout this campaign. Unfortunately, other organizations have been more sophisticated, more successful, and that has become especially evident tonight.

Unfortunately, a third place showing in this state does not give me a reasonable path to the nomination, and every candidate who stays in and keeps dividing the vote only makes it easier for someone like Trump to win this nomination. Trump will be a force on Super Tuesday, and I can no longer see a reasonable path for myself to be the one that usurps him. For this reason, I am dropping out of this race. My endorsement is for Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker, he will be a great president."

"Rubio drops out and endorses Walker. The field is down to 7 candidates now. Let's listen in to Chris Christie:

"Thank you Nevada! We never expected to win this state, only to make a non-irrelevant showing in it, and we have done that tonight. Our defeat of Governor Kasich here shows that I will be the stronger force heading into Super Tuesday, the day that might just decide this nomination. People always say that you have to win one of the early states to win the nomination, but in a large field, that theory might just not work out. We've had a strong showing here and in New Hampshire that has allowed us to remain relevant in this race. And we're going to continue, and surprise the pundits when I am the Republican nominee for President!"

"Christie acting as optimistic as possible. We'll see how he does on Super Tuesday. Here's Bush:

"My friends, we did all that we could tonight. We worked very hard to push my message and make the american people see how suited I am to be President, but it just wasn't enough. I'm not going to sit wondering about what we could have done to do better here tonight, I'll leave that to others to determine. The fact is the American People have not chosen our candidacy and the right thing to do is withdraw from the race, and allow the real contenders for the nomination, who I believe no longer includes myself, fight it out on Super Tuesday. So, I announce my withdrawal at this time. I have no endorsement at this time, but I do expect to endorse whoever becomes the Republican Nominee."

"So, Bush is out. The field is down to 6 candidates. We are hearing that there will be no more dropouts tonight. Christie, Kasich, Paul, Walker, Carson, and Trump will all be fighting it out on Super Tuesday. The only contest remaining before that date is the Democratic South Carolina Primary on the 27th, which remains a close contest between Clinton and Biden. Let's now listen in to Rand Paul's victory speech:

"Today is a great day for the liberty of America! The movement for liberty is very powerful, and it has allowed my candidacy to win here tonight. There is a real thirst in america for a different kind of republican, one that does not ignore non-white communities, one that focuses on rehabilitation, not punishment for drug users, one that believes the government should simply step out of the way and let people embrace their unalienable rights. We have a strong contrast that will allow my candidacy to not only win this nomination, but also to defeat Hillary Clinton or whoever the Democratic Nominee is going to be. This win removes any doubt - the Presidency is ours!"

1. Paul - 1 win (NV)
1. Trump - 1 win (NH)
1. Carson - 1 win (IA)
1. Walker - 1 win (SC)
5. Others - 0 wins
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2015, 09:23:47 PM »
« Edited: August 22, 2015, 10:33:07 PM by Wulfric »

February 27, 2016 - South Carolina Democratic Primary

Clinton loses Again!!!

Biden: 43.4%
Clinton: 39.3%
Sanders: 17.3%

"And it has happened again! Hillary Clinton is a HUGE loser! This is the most significant of all her losses so far, as the only contenders remaining in the race are those with a serious shot at the nomination. No more O'Malley, Webb, and Chafee lowering the % of votes needed to defeat Clinton, and Biden still wins. She really needs a big resurgence on Super Tuesday after this one. Let's listen in to the Biden Victory Speech:

"We did it America! We have shown that the white house is not some dynasty that is to be passed between two families, and we have shown that there is a real anti-clinton message across this country. Even in a state that was once expected to be a very easy victory for Clinton in the primary, our message of a candidate who one can trust and who is not Clinton, Bush, or a Socialist, has truly resonated! On to Super Tuesday!"

1. Biden - 2 wins (IA, SC)
2. Clinton - 1 win (NV)
2. Sanders - 1 win (NH)

------------------
Next Time:

Super Tuesday
March 1, 2016

Carson vs. Trump vs. Walker vs. Paul vs. Christie vs. Kasich
------------
Clinton vs. Biden vs. Sanders

Contests: Alabama, American Samoa (Democrats Only), Arkansas, Colorado Caucus, Georgia, Idaho Caucus (Republicans Only), Massachusetts, Minnesota Caucus, North Carolina, Northern Mariana Islands Caucus (Democrats Only), Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Virginia
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2015, 10:32:23 PM »
« Edited: August 22, 2015, 11:58:08 PM by Wulfric »

Super Tuesday - Part 1

Alabama

"Hillary Clinton wins the Democratic Alabama Primary!"

Clinton: 47.3%
Biden: 38%
Sanders: 14.7%

"On the Republican Side, Donald Trump is the winner!"

Trump: 32.4%
Carson: 26.3%
Walker: 21.1%
Paul: 11.6%
Kasich: 5.4%
Christie: 3.2%

American Samoa

"Hillary easily wins the American Samoa Democratic Primary"

Clinton: 68.4%
Biden: 20.3%
Sanders: 12.3%

Arkansas

"Hillary easily wins the Arkansas Democratic Primary"

Clinton: 53.7%
Biden: 32.3%
Sanders: 15%

"On the Republican Side, Mr. Carson is the winner!"

Carson: 27.4%
Trump: 26.9%
Walker: 23%
Paul: 12.6%
Kasich: 6.4%
Christie: 3.7%

Colorado

"Sanders easily wins the Colorado Democratic Caucus. Hillary received less than 15% of the vote."

Sanders: 56.4%
Biden: 30%
Clinton: 13.6%

"On the Republican Side, John Kasich is the winner!"

Kasich: 25.4%
Walker: 25%
Paul: 23%
Carson: 14.7%
Trump: 8%
Christie: 3.9% (Due to his views on Pot)

Georgia

"Hillary wins the Democratic Georgia Primary"

Clinton: 46.5%
Biden: 40%
Sanders: 13.5%

"On the Republican Side, Ben Carson is the winner!"

Carson: 29.4%
Trump: 23.2%
Walker: 22.7%
Paul: 12.1%
Kasich: 7.1%
Christie: 5.5%

Idaho

"Walker is the winner in the Idaho Republican Caucus!"

Walker: 28.4%
Paul: 24%
Kasich: 18.5%
Christie: 13.5%
Trump: 9%
Carson: 6.6%
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2015, 11:33:50 PM »

Ah, man! I guess Bentley didn't help much after all.

Good timeline so far!
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2015, 09:54:23 PM »
« Edited: August 23, 2015, 09:56:12 PM by Wulfric »

Super Tuesday - Part 2

Massachusetts

"Sanders wins the Massachusetts Democratic Primary!"

Sanders: 35.4%
Biden: 33%
Clinton: 32.1%

"Kasich wins on the Republican Side"

Kasich: 27.4%
Christie: 26.1%
Trump: 21.5%
Paul: 14.7%
Carson: 7.2%
Walker: 3.1%

Minnesota

"Sanders easily wins the Democratic Minnesota Caucuses"

Sanders: 51.7%
Biden: 28.4%
Clinton: 19.9%

"Walker wins the Republican Caucuses"

Walker: 29.3%
Kasich: 25.5%
Christie: 20%
Paul: 13.1%
Carson: 6.4%
Trump: 5.7%

North Carolina

"Biden wins the Democratic Primary"

Biden: 44.5%
Clinton: 41%
Sanders: 14.5%

"Walker wins the Republican Primary"

Walker: 26.4%
Carson: 24%
Paul: 23%
Kasich: 14.5%
Christie: 8.7%
Trump: 3.4%

Northern Mariana Islands

"Hillary easily wins the Democratic Caucus"

Clinton: 72.7%
Biden: 20%
Sanders: 7.3%

Oklahoma

"Hillary wins the Democratic Primary here, just as she did in 2008"

Clinton: 48.4%
Biden: 41.3%
Sanders: 10.3%

"Trump wins the Republican Primary"

Trump: 27.4%
Carson: 25%
Paul: 14.4%
Kasich: 8.4%
Christie: 4.8%

Tennessee

"In the Surprise of the night, Biden wins Tennessee by 137 votes!"

Biden: 42.4894%
Clinton: 42.4891%
Sanders: 15.0215%

"Paul wins the Republican Primary"

Paul: 25.4%
Carson: 25.2%
Trump: 20%
Walker: 16%
Kasich: 9.2%
Christie: 4.2%
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2015, 06:16:32 PM »

Super Tuesday - Part 3

Texas

"Biden wins the Democratic Primary, dealing a major, major blow to Hillary Clinton"

Biden: 43.2%
Clinton: 40%
Sanders: 16.8%

"Donald Trump is the big winner on the Republican Side"

Trump: 31.5%
Carson: 25%
Paul: 17.4%
Walker: 13.5%
Kasich: 8.5%
Christie: 4.1%

Vermont

"Sanders wins his home state in a massive landslide"

Sanders: 74.5%
Clinton: 17.4%
Biden: 8.9%

"Christie narrowly wins the Republican Primary"

Christie: 26.5%
Kasich: 26.1%
Trump: 21%
Paul: 15.4%
Walker: 8.6%
Carson: 2.3%

Virginia

"Biden wins the Virginia Democratic Primary"

Biden: 43%
Clinton: 35%
Sanders: 22%

"John Kasich wins the Republican Primary. Trump surprisingly beats Christie for 2nd place."

Kasich: 24.7%
Trump: 22.4%
Christie: 21.9%
Walker: 15.4%
Carson: 11.6%
Paul: 5%

------------------------

Democratic Super Tuesday Standings

1. Clinton - 6 wins (AL, AS, AR, GA, OK, NMI)
2. Biden - 4 wins (NC, TN, VA, TX)
2. Sanders - 4 wins (CO, MA, MN, VT)

Full Democratic Standings

1. Clinton - 7 wins (NV, AL, AS, AR, GA, OK, NMI)
2. Biden - 6 wins (IA, SC, NC, TN, VA, TX)
3. Sanders - 5 wins (NH, CO, MA, MN, VT)

A visibly distressed Hillary Clinton emphasized her narrow lead in the overall standings and the fact that she is prepared to fight for the nomination all the way to the convention.

Joe Biden asserted all of his usual charm in his Super Tuesday speech and focused heavily on his surprising victory in Tennessee, proclaiming that it meant the beginning of the end for the Clinton Campaign.

Bernie Sanders, sounding happier than he ever had over the entire course of the campaign, profusely thanked his supporters for his key victory in the Massachusetts Primary and says that it means he will be in the race through the convention.

--------------------------

Republican Super Tuesday Standings

1. Walker - 3 wins (ID, MN, NC)
1. Kasich - 3 wins (CO, MA, VA)
1. Trump - 3 wins (AL, OK, TX)
4. Carson - 2 wins (AR, GA)
5. Paul - 1 win (TN)
5. Christie - 1 win (VT)

Full Republican Standings

1. Walker - 4 wins (SC, ID, MN, NC)
1. Trump - 4 wins (NH, AL, OK, TX)
3. Kasich - 3 wins (CO, MA, VA)
3. Carson - 3 wins (IA, AR, GA)
5. Paul - 2 wins (NV, TN)
6. Christie - 1 win (VT)

After only winning the very liberal state of Vermont on Super Tuesday, Chris Christie announced his withdrawal from the race, endorsing fellow moderate John Kasich.

After only winning Tennessee on Super Tuesday, Rand Paul announced his withdrawal from the race, endorsing fellow moderate John Kasich.

Despite only winning 2 states on Super Tuesday, Ben Carson remained in the race, pledging to fight all the way to the convention.

Each of the three candidates who tied for best performance on Super Tuesday asserted that their nomination was inevitable and promised an abundance of success in the next contests.

Post-Endorsements Republican Standings

1. Kasich - 6 wins (CO, MA, VA, VT, NV, TN)
2. Trump - 4 wins (NH, AL, OK, TX)
2. Walker - 4 wins (SC, ID, MN, NC)
4. Carson - 3 wins (IA, AR, GA)

Next Contests - March 5 - Kansas Caucus, Kentucky Caucus (Republicans Only), Washington State Caucus (Republicans Only), Louisiana
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2015, 05:22:54 PM »

March 5 Contests

Kansas Caucus

"Biden is the winner in the Democratic Caucus"

Biden: 39.3%
Clinton: 34%
Sanders: 26.7%

"Ben Carson wins the Republican Caucus"

Carson: 37.4%
Trump: 31.1%
Walker: 20%
Kasich: 11.5%

Kentucky Caucus

"In what is an awkward affair given that the candidate who demanded the existence of and paid for this contest, Kentucky Senator Rand Paul, is no longer in the race, Ben Carson is the winner!"

Carson: 31.4%
Trump: 26%
Kasich: 19.6%

Washington State Caucus

"Governor Kasich gets the victory here"

Kasich: 44.7%
Walker: 35%
Trump: 13.1%
Carson: 7.2%

Louisiana

"Hillary Clinton wins the Democratic Primary"

Clinton: 44.4%
Biden: 40.2%
Sanders: 15.4%

"Donald Trump wins on the Republican Side"

Trump: 32.4%
Carson: 29%
Walker: 21.4%
Kasich: 17.2%

1. Kasich - 7 wins (CO, MA, VA, VT, NV, TN, WA)
2. Carson - 5 wins (IA, AR, GA, KS, KY)
2. Trump - 5 wins (NH, AL, OK, TX, LA)
4. Walker - 4 wins (SC, ID, MN, NC)

1. Clinton - 8 wins (NV, AL, AS, AR, GA, OK, NMI, LA)
2. Biden - 7 wins (IA, SC, NC, TN, VA, TX, KS)
3. Sanders - 5 wins (NH, CO, MA, MN, VT)

"The Anti-Clinton movement continues to grow! Let's continue to show the world that America is not a dynasty-ruled country!"

"The American people don't want another worthless politician in the white house! They don't want a chronically bankrupt businessman! They want someone who can give them real, new, actual leadership, and that's exactly what my candidacy will continue to contain!"

Next Contest - March 6 - Maine Caucuses
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies