Huckabee doesn't rule out deploying federal troops to stop abortions!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:10:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Huckabee doesn't rule out deploying federal troops to stop abortions!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Huckabee doesn't rule out deploying federal troops to stop abortions!  (Read 1221 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 31, 2015, 02:34:48 PM »

I won't even dare commenting that.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/mike-huckabee-troops-abortion_55bbc20ee4b06363d5a22323?qdea5rk9

GOP presidential candidate Mike Huckabee is open to the idea of using federal troops and the FBI to stop women from having abortions.

"I will not pretend there is nothing we can do to stop this," Huckabee, the former governor of Arkansas and an outspoken social conservative, said Thursday at a campaign stop in Jefferson, Iowa.

Huckabee addressed abortion again at his next stop in Rockwell City, Iowa, where a reporter asked him whether stopping abortion would mean using federal troops or the FBI.

"We'll see if I get to be president," Huckabee said, according to the Topeka Capital-Journal.

"All American citizens should be protected," he added.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2015, 02:36:02 PM »

I swear, the GOP field is getting more retarded every gour years.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2015, 02:43:56 PM »

Didn't this guy come 2 or 3rd in 2008?
GMantis
Dessie Potter
Junior Chimp
Bulgaria

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2015, 03:14:28 PM »

Another Republican candidate who hasn't read the constitution. From the 14th amendment:

"All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside."
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2015, 04:03:24 PM »

#HuckabeeSoConstitutionalSmallGovernment
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2015, 04:10:15 PM »

So who do the troops aim their guns at, the doctors or the women? Or both?
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2015, 04:25:41 PM »

So who do the troops aim their guns at, the doctors or the women? Or both?

First they forcibly deliver the baby, regardless of what stage the pregnancy is in (because, let's face it, a single fertilized egg is exactly the same thing as a fully developed baby), and then go all-out Chuck Norris on the doctor. The mother, meanwhile, is stoned to death in accordance with God's commands.
retromike22
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2015, 04:25:53 PM »

lol Huckabee wants to be in the debate so bad
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2015, 04:38:04 PM »

Well Huck is guaranteed a spot on stage, but he, Paul, Carson, Rubio and Cruz are all battling for fourth place, which means being one of the four central podiums (along with Trump, Walker, and Bush). So 4th place is kind of a big deal. And maybe comparing the Iran deal to the Holocaust and calling for martial law to protect the unborn will get him in there.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2015, 05:22:42 PM »

"GOP presidential candidate Mike Huckabee is open to the idea of using federal troops and the FBI to stop women from having abortions."

Several Constitutional violations there, Huck, as well as statutory ones (using federal troops for law enforcement). But then, you want to strip the Courts of having the last word on what the Constitution means, so I appreciate you're going in the same direction here - and you might get some pointers from Sharia Law. Read up on it. Down on a civil society, up on absolutes effected by any means necessary - all in the name of God.
Donald Trump 2016 !
captainkangaroo

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2015, 05:27:02 PM »

Next time he gets questioned about this he'll double down on these comments. Why?

Because he wants to shoot up in the polls, a la Trump Style.
Orthogonian Society Treasurer
CommanderClash
YaBB God
Bermuda

Political Matrix
E: 0.32, S: 4.78

P
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2015, 05:44:15 PM »
« Edited: July 31, 2015, 05:45:57 PM by Clash »

Which country's presidency does this dumb hick think he's running for?
mencken
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2015, 05:46:24 PM »

Several Constitutional violations there, Huck, as well as statutory ones (using federal troops for law enforcement).

Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2015, 05:57:53 PM »

Several Constitutional violations there, Huck, as well as statutory ones (using federal troops for law enforcement).

Federalized state national guard I think.
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2015, 06:00:06 PM »

Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2015, 06:31:33 PM »

If the Republicans truly wanted to repair their image, and become a party that can compete and win across the nationally, they would boot the Huckster and others just as bad from the party for the endless string of comments like this or worse.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2015, 06:38:40 PM »

Comments like this are things that ought to be made in a bar with friends a a drink or two in, not to the media while running for president. Huck seemingly fails to grasp that concept.
user12345
wifikitten
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2015, 07:19:18 PM »

Andddddd, he said something stupider than I thought he could.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2015, 07:37:35 PM »
« Edited: July 31, 2015, 07:40:37 PM by Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death Poi...lol jk RIP Points »

Another Republican candidate who hasn't read the constitution. From the 14th amendment:

"All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside."

Abe Lincoln - another Republican who hasn't clearly read the Constitution. Sometimes I think understanding the moral views of others is foreign to this site of "compassionate individuals." Those can supersede what a 300 year old document says - and there doesn't have to be a heck of a lot of dissonance in still finding that document valuable. See that Huckabee believes he is expanding rights to a much larger group of people and the Constitution should adjust to feature greater protections at whatever cost to ensure their safety.

The Huck bashing on this site is beyond belief. Yeah, you're not going to agree with him - you have different upbringings and moral codes, but these statements are nowhere near as ludicrous as something Trump says and they deserve legitimate consideration as a truthful good.

And if you read the article beyond Loser Lyndon's ClickBait, this is just Huckabee not giving an answer!! Instead he adds a rational sentence saying what I just laid out!! Not that hard to see. Mods, for the 20th time, please ban/warn LL that he is a bottom 5 active poster on the site.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2015, 08:10:34 PM »

I am pro-life.

But saying stuff like this is just stupid.

Sad, Huckabee was a good candidate in 2008 and he's a good man.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2015, 08:42:36 PM »

Clearly there's no war on women.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2015, 09:30:08 PM »

I disagree with Huckabee on this, but there is no need to make stupid comments. All Americans, regardless of race and gender, have suffered under this President. We are setting records; record national debt, record poverty, record low labor participation, record low business start-up rates, and we are seeing this continued stagnation because of the policies from Washington, it hurts everyone. Additionally, how come the President hasn't directed the FDA to speed up the process for new contraceptives so we can increase competition and thus, lower cost? Why do elderly women have to suffer as Obama cut medicare by $500 billion to pay for a health care plan that only benefits pharmaceutical companies? 
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2015, 09:43:14 PM »

The GOP doesn't actually care about overturning Roe v. Wade, I wish that the Republican candidates would be honest about it.  The fearmongering in 2012 about Romney being some hardcore culture warrior was pathetic.

If you are thinking about voting GOP but don't like their stance on abortion, just vote for them anyway, because they aren't going to do anything about it.
Fuzzy Says: "Abolish NPR!"
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2015, 10:24:51 PM »

The GOP doesn't actually care about overturning Roe v. Wade, I wish that the Republican candidates would be honest about it.  The fearmongering in 2012 about Romney being some hardcore culture warrior was pathetic.

If you are thinking about voting GOP but don't like their stance on abortion, just vote for them anyway, because they aren't going to do anything about it.

This is exactly why I don't have too many regrets over the times I've voted Democratic.  If Roe v. Wade were really overturned, just imaging the campaign cash and volunteers that would dry up for the GOP.
Donald Trump 2016 !
captainkangaroo

« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2015, 10:25:07 PM »

This.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies