Is this the most progressive decade since the 1960's?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:38:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Is this the most progressive decade since the 1960's?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Is this the most progressive decade since the 1960's?  (Read 7305 times)
TNF
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: August 06, 2015, 09:15:36 AM »

How on earth can one describe the 2010s as progressive in any real sense? Aside from the legalization of same-sex marriage, this has been an awful decade for everyone who isn't filthy rich. The minimum wage remains stagnant, the health care system is now literally run by insurance conglomerates that essentially have the ability to compel you to buy their sh!t product, the United States is waging yet another war in the Near East and trying to start another Cold War with Russia while saber-rattling in the Pacific.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #51 on: August 06, 2015, 12:32:55 PM »

The Senate has been gerrymandered by the failure to admit D.C. as a state.

This goes way over my head.  My understanding of the term gerrymander conflicts with my understanding of fixed senatorial constituencies. 

Okay, looking at the comment of Del Tachi I see that I'm not the only one who is confused.  I think you might have to explain this one for the benefit of us knuckleheads.

The GOP has its strongest Senate majority since the 1920s and certain posters are trying to claim that they are unpopular/have unpopular ideas.  Roll Eyes
DS0816
« Reply #52 on: August 06, 2015, 02:07:18 PM »

In terms of social change (gay rights, drug legalization, discussions on protecting minorities and women, etc.) and government programs (healthcare reform), would you agree that the 2010's are the most progressive decade since the 1960's?

The people are.

Especially Millenials. (Though, not Atlas's Republican forum members who are under the age of 25. And not the "Independents" or "Libertarians" who are under 25 and are trying to disguise that they are Republicans. I'm addressing Millenials nationwide.)

Wealthy, white, Republican men—especially from in or around the Baby Boomer period—are the worst sellouts doing their level best to still wield destruction on the have-nots (which include gullible have-not, non-wealthy, white, Republican male—and female—Baby Boomers who voted for John McCain with numbers stronger than George W. Bush and for Mitt Romney with numbers stronger than John McCain).

There are some ways of getting past the obstacles. So, while this isn't "progressive" enough, the changes (such as marriage equality) are necessary and they are progress.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #53 on: August 06, 2015, 02:19:14 PM »

This goes way over my head.  My understanding of the term gerrymander conflicts with my understanding of fixed senatorial constituencies. 

Okay, looking at the comment of Del Tachi I see that I'm not the only one who is confused.  I think you might have to explain this one for the benefit of us knuckleheads.

The GOP has its strongest Senate majority since the 1920s and certain posters are trying to claim that they are unpopular/have unpopular ideas.  Roll Eyes

Well, the Republicans are unpopular with unpopular ideas. Unfortunately so are the Democrats.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #54 on: August 07, 2015, 03:00:52 PM »

Well, the Republicans are unpopular with unpopular ideas. Unfortunately so are the Democrats.

Yes, looking back, Obama really did have a chance to be FDR 2.0, but he failed to seal the deal in 2009-10 and didn't want to go the Clinton route thereafter.  It got him reelected, but it's killing the Democratic brand because there are no bipartisan success stories to speak of in years.
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #55 on: August 10, 2015, 08:41:19 AM »

In terms of social change (gay rights, drug legalization, discussions on protecting minorities and women, etc.) and government programs (healthcare reform), would you agree that the 2010's are the most progressive decade since the 1960's?

The people are.

Especially Millenials. (Though, not Atlas's Republican forum members who are under the age of 25. And not the "Independents" or "Libertarians" who are under 25 and are trying to disguise that they are Republicans. I'm addressing Millenials nationwide.)

Wealthy, white, Republican men—especially from in or around the Baby Boomer period—are the worst sellouts doing their level best to still wield destruction on the have-nots (which include gullible have-not, non-wealthy, white, Republican male—and female—Baby Boomers who voted for John McCain with numbers stronger than George W. Bush and for Mitt Romney with numbers stronger than John McCain).

There are some ways of getting past the obstacles. So, while this isn't "progressive" enough, the changes (such as marriage equality) are necessary and they are progress.

LOL at you of all people chastising someone for "hiding" their true (and blatant) partisan affiliation.  You're the most partisan Democrat on here, yet you think by not having an avatar to signify such, you maintain this credibility as the Stat Guy or something.
DS0816
« Reply #56 on: August 11, 2015, 07:29:44 AM »

The people are.

LOL at you of all people chastising someone for "hiding" their true (and blatant) partisan affiliation.  You're the most partisan Democrat on here, yet you think by not having an avatar to signify such, you maintain this credibility as the Stat Guy or something.

His obsession with other users' avatars is hilarious given that he has no avatar and is one of the worst Democratic hacks. Put him on ignore.

TNvolunteer should not mind if other people do the same with [him] after [he] wrote this:

@ Which one of these counties is most likely to vote R in 2016?

Well, Hillary will lose every county in CO, so the answer is pretty obvious.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies