Is this the most progressive decade since the 1960's? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 09:41:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Is this the most progressive decade since the 1960's? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is this the most progressive decade since the 1960's?  (Read 7310 times)
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« on: August 03, 2015, 10:55:35 AM »

Perhaps the public sentiment of this modern generation is more "progressive", whatever that nebulous term really means.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2015, 06:47:28 PM »

I wonder what the first decade will be that is only "mildly progressive" or even "conservative."  I bet the 2020's will be quite liberal with demographic changes and millennials, but perhaps things will finally shift in the 2030's towards a stasis?  Obviously the 1950's-type social policies that I would like in place will never occur, but I really hope we don't move at this fast of a clip continuously.

🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2015, 02:19:14 PM »

The Senate has been gerrymandered by the failure to admit D.C. as a state.

This goes way over my head.  My understanding of the term gerrymander conflicts with my understanding of fixed senatorial constituencies. 

Okay, looking at the comment of Del Tachi I see that I'm not the only one who is confused.  I think you might have to explain this one for the benefit of us knuckleheads.

The GOP has its strongest Senate majority since the 1920s and certain posters are trying to claim that they are unpopular/have unpopular ideas.  Roll Eyes

Well, the Republicans are unpopular with unpopular ideas. Unfortunately so are the Democrats.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies