If Clinton is a two-term president, who is on the Democratic bench in 2024? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:32:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  If Clinton is a two-term president, who is on the Democratic bench in 2024? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: If Clinton is a two-term president, who is on the Democratic bench in 2024?  (Read 2727 times)
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« on: August 01, 2015, 03:22:13 PM »
« edited: August 01, 2015, 03:23:50 PM by Likely Voter »

RE: Castro
While they will be the right demographic (age and race) it is hard to see if either will have the right experience. To be a serious contender for the Dem ticket you should be a Senator, governor or VP. Short of Hillary putting one on the ticket, I can't see either winning statewide in TX. Maybe after the Obama Admin Julian will move to Nevada and take on Heller in 2018?

And of course Hillary's VP will be the presumptive nominee, so will the Dems even go to the bench?
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2015, 09:04:33 PM »

I agree that after four times some of the governors and senators will start to feel like they are being shortchanged by not getting a chance to run because of Obama, Clinton and Clinton VP. But if Clinton is popular in 2024, her VP would have a big leg up.  

That being said, I beleive Clinton will probably go with a white guy like Kaine or Warner and in 2024 the Dems may feel that a white guy at the top of the ticket is just no longer what they want to do. Winning four elections in a row with non-white guys and with white guys becoming a fraction of their base, someone from the so called 'Rising American Electorate' could make a good challenger to Mr. VP.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies