Biden vs. Bush (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:13:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Biden vs. Bush (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Biden vs. Bush  (Read 3096 times)
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« on: August 01, 2015, 07:27:00 PM »

This map puts it at 270-268 Biden.  It would be an extremely close election, and I don't think either side would run the table of swing states.

This is perilously close to 269-269.  This makes Maine's 2nd CD and Nebraska's 2nd CD as critical.  The Bush campaign may well contest Maine in order to steal an EV in one of their CDs, even if they can't carry the whole state.  Biden may contest the Omaha-based Nebraska district, and he'd have an advantage in that a lot of the vote there is more compact.

I see Virginia swinging Democratic, but Ohio trending toward the GOP.  I see Nevada going Democratic, but Colorado going GOP.  I could be wrong on all of these, and labor could still swing it for Biden in Ohio.  Virginia could have a GOP surge and swing back the other way.  I don't think that will happen because (A) VA has been more Democratic than OH in the last 2 Presidential elections, and (B) demographics are more favorable in VA.

The right running mate for Biden and Jeb would make much difference.  There, too, the trends favor the GOP in Ohio, as Kasich would be a very logical pick for VP (and he'd take it, no matter what he may say now).  Virginia's Mark Warner would be a good pick for Biden for VP, but it's less likely, IMO, that he'd take the slot, and I don't see Kaine and McAuliffe as equally suitable running mates.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2015, 07:26:09 PM »

We probably don't win this one. I like Biden as much as any of them, but we need to nominate Hillary if we want to win next November.

If I were a Democrat, I'd feel the same way. Hillary is guaranteed a win over anyone except Bush, Kasich, and Rubio. Beating Rubio and Kasich would be very tough, beating Bush could prove impossible.

Biden would start off with a disadvantage against Rubio and Kasich, and an even greater disadvantage against Bush. He's not disciplined, he's running for Obama's third term, and he doesn't connect with hispanic voters which was key to Obama's re-election victory.

Dude... just stop.

We get it.

Also your signature is a grammatical nightmare. Quotation marks are for actual quotes, not what a right-wing Captain Subtext wants to hear.

I've not decided as to whether I'm going to vote GOP or Democrat in the general as of yet; it depends on what the matchup is.  If the GOP primary were held today, I'd vote for Trump as a protest against free trade policies that I consider detrimental to the working class folks of America, but I may switch parties and vote for Sanders in order to cast a comparable protest vote.  I don't anticipate either of those guys being nominated, but they are carrying the banner of the issue I care most about. 

So I'm not a partisan troll.  But I DO hold the Bush Family responsible for much of the decline of the middle class.  Instead of protecting America from the "Global Economy", they helped create it, favored it, and told working people it was good for them.  This is Bushism, and it's Bushism that has been responsible for exporting the manufacturing base of America abroad, and it's also been responsible for transferring the votes of a huge swath of Middle America from the GOP to the Democrats by way of Ross Perot.

That being said:  I'd really like to know exactly WHY anyone would claim that Jeb Bush is "more Presidential" than our current VP (and, yes, I'm aware of his gaffes over time).  Because his Dad and Big Brother had the job?  Yes, but that makes him look like a FAILED President (especially when compared to W).  Because he speaks in this "calm, reasonable voice"?  Well, yes, but the middle class knows that many politicians have screwed them royally while speaking calmly and reasonably.  Because he's "experienced"?  But Biden has far more experience in government than Jeb Bush does.

Authenticity?  Joe Biden is who he is.  Jeb Bush's real name is John Ellis Bush; he goes by "Jeb" because he's a "Dixie Poser"; he wanted to pose as a real Southerner instead of a Yankee Transplant in order to boost his political career, and because it obscures his Old Northeast Establishment Monied roots (his Dad and his cousin John Ellis's dad were both in Skull and Bones; that's REAL Presidential, eh?). 

Biden has his faults, and the nation may well have Democrat Fatigue and Obama Fatigue, but the nation MOST CERTAINLY HAS BUSH FATIGUE!  This is not just a condition of Democrats; Republcans who supported Bush 43 blame him for the crushing 2006 and 2008 GOP defeats, and Bush 43 was the second President Bush to leave office poorly thought of.  And Bush 43 deserved it far more than Bush 41 did; 41 was nothing special, but 43 was a flop, pure and simple.

So dudeabides, if you're a Bush campaign operative, have the decency to disclose this.  That would at least suggest that you have a personal stake in your opinion being accepted by others.  If, on the other hand, you're an eager beaver trying to crash the Bush party, you may well get your wish.  I'm sure there were a few stand-by passengers on the TITANIC, so have at it!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies