Cris for Senate - Running for re-election! (Thank you.)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:14:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Cris for Senate - Running for re-election! (Thank you.)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Cris for Senate - Running for re-election! (Thank you.)  (Read 4516 times)
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 02, 2015, 06:32:05 AM »
« edited: December 14, 2015, 09:54:22 AM by Speaker Cris »

Senate Speaker Cris announcing his run during an event in Portland, ME.

Thank you! Thank you so much!

Today, I'm proud to announce that I have decided to run for re-election as your At-Large Senator!
We are facing problematic times and the next times will be crucial because Atlasia is going to be changed and I think that I should stay in the Senate in order to help to make this change a reality.
Atlasia is facing an important crisis. All of us know that our country is facing important problems. The game is not working as some times ago. We have a lot of difficulties to fill the regional legislature. Take a look at my home-region of Midwest. 2 candidates for 4 offices in the regional elections. Enthusiasm is not the same of some times ago. We can't let the "status-quo" option to prevail. We should do something to make our country great again. How?
I understand the people that want to dissolve the game, but I don't think it's the right way to act. And also let me say that having some prominent Atlasians running for office with the only purpose of abolish Atlasia and not doing anything else is not the right way to act.
We want a reboot. We want a restart. And we can do this with reforms.
The Constitution needs to be changed. There are some important parts of the Constitution that are not working and, as you know, I'm fully committed on this issue.
As you know, I think that the best solution is a Constitutional Convention. With a Constitutional Convention, we can change the parts of the Constitution that are not working.
We can change our region system. In the last months, I proposed a plan that provided bicameralism and keeping 5 regions, so I can say that I believed in the possibility of keeping 5 regions. But now it's pretty clear that we need consolidation. We have difficulties to fill the regional legislatures. We have too many offices and really, I don't see any different way. The only way is reducing the number of our regions. I'd prefer reduce the number to 3 regions, equally populated, at least at the start. I'm sure that the Senate or, as I prefer, the Constitutional Convention can do this.
We can change our legislative system. With a reduction of the number of the regions, a reduction of the number of Senators is automatic. My ideal plan is having 2 senators per region and a Senator elected at-large. At-large elections for 5 seats are one of the evils of this game, but At-large elections for 1 seat are really competitive and that's what Atlasia needs. Competitive elections. I'd like having an House of Representatives, but I perfectly know that if we want to reduce the number of office-holders, an House would be counterproductive. I think that a Constitutional Convention, with delegates selected by the Senate and by the regions, can work well on this matter.
The relationship between the federal government and the regional governments should be pointed out. We should clarify what are the camps in which the regions can work and what are the camps in which only the federal government can work.
And also we should work about the Cabinet. We should clarify the Game Moderator's role. I think that the Game Moderator should have great powers and let me thank Game Moderator DKrol for his leadership and his tenure in the recent difficult days.
I hope that you will sign the petition for a Constitutional Convention, but considered that it's not easy and that we need a Convention at all costs, Senator RPryor of Northeast presented an amendment that allows the Senate to call a Constitutional Convention. It has my full support. I hope and think that there will be a Constitutional Convention but I can assure to you that with or without a Constitutional Convention, there will be the important changes that Atlasia needs. If there will not be a Constitutional Convention, the Senate will work on these important reforms and I can assure to you that I'll do the best of my abilities to get these reforms passed!
What happened in the recent weeks is very sad and it requires strong leadership. The Senate did his job and did it very well, thanks to the leadership of all Senators, of all parties. Let me say that I think that the Constitution needs to be changed, but considered that I'm a public servant, I'm not going to say that I don't affirm it. I affirm it because it is the basis of my oath of office. I'll work to change it, but I can't say that I'm not going to affirm it.
We need strong leadership in Nyman and you can count on my voice, my actions to protect and defend our nation from all the crazy people that are trying to get this country down. But they have failed.
There was a period in which my activity was limited because of real life problems, but I missed only one vote in the Senate from January to now. You can count on me. You can count on an active voice in Nyman.
I look forward to meet a lot of Atlasians on the campaign trail and to answer all your questions, why not in a town-hall debate with all the candidates.
Atlasia should not die, it needs to be changed. And I'm asking for your support, your vote. I will be your voice, one of your voices in Nyman. You can count on me working hard to make Atlasia great again!

Thank you all. God bless you and God bless the Republic of Atlasia, that will be great again!
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2015, 06:32:38 AM »
« Edited: August 20, 2015, 12:07:04 PM by Speaker Cris »

Political Offices:
- Most Serene Representative of the Althing (November 2013 - April 2014; July 2014 - August 2014)
- Archduke of the Althing (August 2014 - January 2015)
- White House Chief of Staff (November 2014 - March 2015)
- At-Large Senator (January 2015 - present)
- Speaker of the Senate (July 2015 - present)

Other Offices, Awards or Political/Media Roles:
- Order of the Star of Atlasia (Silver Star)
- Pollster (July 2013 - present)
- Pollster and Domestic Policy Advisor for Lumine's Senate Campaign (January 2014 - February 2014)
- Pollster and Domestic Policy Advisor for Lumine's Presidential Campaign (September 2014 - October 2014)
- Election and Political Tracker Director (Presidential and Senate Elections)

Political Parties:
- Federalist Party (July 2013 - February 2015)
- Civic Renewal (March 2015 - present)

Do you want to volunteer for Senator Cris's re-election campaign? Send a PM to us!

Coming soon.

- Pacific Councilor Classic Conservative (Fed-AK)
- Former Northeast Governor Winfield (Ind-RI)
- Former At-Large Senator JCL (Fed-IN)
- Northeast Senator RPryor03 (CR-NJ)
- Pacific Senator Lumine (CR-UT)
- At-Large Senator Kalwejt (Lab-OH)
- Southern Legislator Leinad (Fed-GA)
- South Co-Speaker Darthebearnc (TPP-NC)
- Citizen Higgs (Fed-IL)

Northeast (August 2-6)
Mideast (August 7-11)
South (August 12-14)
Pacific (August 15-17)
Midwest (August 18-20)

Bumper Sticker                                   Button                                        
                   $ 4.50                                            $ 2.50                                            

Car Magnete
                           $ 9.00
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2015, 06:33:14 AM »

- Regional HQ: Newark, NJ.

August 2:
- Announcement in Portland, ME.
- Meet and Greet in South Portland, ME.
- Meet and Greet in Augusta, ME.
- Town Hall in Nashua, NH.
- Rally in Manchester, NH.
- Social Dinner in Manchester, NH.
August 3:
- Meet and Greet in Burlington, VT.
- GOTV Rally in South Burlington, VT.
- Town Hall in Essex, VT.
- Rally in Lynn, MA.
- Meet and Greet in Springfield, MA.
- GOTV Rally in Boston, MA.
- Fundraising Dinner in Boston, MA.
August 4:
- Town Hall in North Providence, RI.
- GOTV Rally in Providence, RI.
- Meet and Greet at the Italian-American Community of Cranston, RI.
- Meet and Greet in New Britain, CT.
- GOTV Rally in Hartford, CT.
- Rally in Bridgeport, CT.
- Social Dinner in Bridgeport, CT.
August 5:
- Meet and Greet in Rochester, NY.
- GOTV Rally in Buffalo, NY.
- Rally in New York City, NY.
- Town Hall in Jersey City, NJ.
- Rally in Edison, NJ.
- Meet and Greet at the Regional HQ in Newark, NJ.
- Social Dinner in Newark, NJ.
August 6:
- Rally in Philadelphia, PA.
- Meet and Greet in Pittsburgh, PA.
- Rally in Scranton, PA.
- Meet and Greet in Delaware City, DE.
- Rally in Dover, DE.
- Social Dinner in Dover, DE.

Coming soon.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2015, 06:35:28 AM »

Endorsed!!!!
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2015, 07:56:23 AM »

That is an impressive... website?

Best of luck, someone needs to be around to the steer the ship and you're one of the few I'd trust
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2015, 08:03:27 AM »

Thanks! Smiley
It's much appreciated.

That is an impressive... website?

Best of luck, someone needs to be around to the steer the ship and you're one of the few I'd trust
Thanks for the kind words! I look forward to continue to work with you in the next months. Smiley
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2015, 01:20:33 PM »

Enthusiastically endorsed by former Northeast Governor Winfield.

As far as I am concerned, you are one of the best Senators in the entire history of Atlasia.

You deserve reelection.

I am driving from Newport to Providence today to attend your campaign events, and I look forward to meeting you personally at that time.

Best of luck in the campaign.

Thank you so much. I can't wait to meet you in Providence and, if you want, to stump with you on the campaign trail in that day.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2015, 01:21:51 PM »

As far as I am concerned, you are one of the best Senators in the entire history of Atlasia.

You deserve reelection.

I am driving from Newport to Providence today to attend your campaign events, and I look forward to meeting you personally at that time.

Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2015, 01:26:51 PM »

You deserve reelection.

Thank you so much. I can't wait to meet you in Providence and, if you want, to stump with you on the campaign trail in that day.

That would be my pleasure to stump with you at that time, and, if you like, I could make a speech endorsing you publicly.   

Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2015, 01:31:43 PM »

You deserve reelection.

That would be my pleasure to stump with you at that time, and, if you like, I could make a speech endorsing you publicly.   

It would be great! Smiley
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2015, 01:39:11 PM »

Totally endorsed Cris.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2015, 02:03:35 PM »

Thank you so much! Smiley
rpryor03
Bahamas

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2015, 02:31:46 PM »

Totally endorsed.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2015, 02:34:37 PM »

Thank you Mr. Senator.
Much appreciated Smiley
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2015, 03:42:51 PM »

I'd have to be crazy not to endorse you, Cris. Here's to another succesful term in the Senate!
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2015, 04:37:02 PM »

Our party and political differences aside, you're doing a marvelous job and I'm happy to endorse you!
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2015, 04:06:36 AM »

Endorsed!

You're an excellent Senator, but really you deserve a seat for the work you put into this campaign thread alone. Atlasia obviously needs reforms, and you seem active and sane enough to help lead us to those reforms--or, as you cleverly put it, Make Atlasia Great Again.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2015, 04:55:13 AM »

I'd have to be crazy not to endorse you, Cris. Here's to another succesful term in the Senate!

Our party and political differences aside, you're doing a marvelous job and I'm happy to endorse you!

Endorsed!

You're an excellent Senator, but really you deserve a seat for the work you put into this campaign thread alone. Atlasia obviously needs reforms, and you seem active and sane enough to help lead us to those reforms--or, as you cleverly put it, Make Atlasia Great Again.

Thanks to all. I'm happy and proud to have your endorsements! Smiley
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2015, 08:58:11 AM »
« Edited: August 04, 2015, 10:33:09 AM by Lincoln Republican »

Good morning ladies and gentlemen, friends.

Thank you so much for that enthusiastic and overwhelming welcome.

I first of all thought it was for me, but then reality set in, and I realized it was for Senator Cris.

Well, Senator Cris deserves such a welcome.

For those of you who do not know me, I am Winfield, a former Governor of the Northeast, and I am pleased and proud to be here today in the great city of Providence with Senator Cris to publicly endorse him, and to say a few words in his behalf in his campaign for reelection to the Atlasian Senate as an At-Large Senator.

Senator Cris, welcome to Providence!

During his very illustrious career as a public servant, Cris has truly distinguished himself as a dedicated, hardworking, intelligent, and people first Senator.  His decisions on legislation are well thought out and he always places the best interests of Atlasians first and foremost.

Senator Cris keeps Atlasians informed of what is going on in Nyman, and is always open to hearing from Atlasians from coast to coast.  He has an open door policy in working with and for Atlasians.  His record of dedication and hard work for Atlasians is second to none.

I am pleased to give my enthusiastic support to Senator Cris for reelection to the Atlasian Senate, and I ask Atlasians, here in the Northeast and across this nation, to join me, and send Cris back to the Senate so that he may continue his excellent work in behalf of the people of Atlasia.

Thank you, now let's get out the vote for Senator Cris!
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2015, 03:41:46 PM »

Senator Cris speaks at the GOTV Rally in Providence, RI.

I'm honored to have the support of former Northeast Governor Winfield.
He is a nice person. He supported me from the beginning and I'm really proud to have his endorsement. I really hope that he'll get elected to an office in the next future. I'm 100% sure he'd do very well.
Let me thank all Atlasians that have endorsed my re-election campaign. I'm really impressed by the high number of endorsements and by the high amount of support that we received so far and I'm happy that it's coming from all the political spectrum. Independents, members of Civic Renewal, Federalists, Laborites, members of The People Party.
I'm here today to ask for your support, your vote. The next times are going to be important times for our nation. Big changes are coming and I'd like to contribute with my service as Senator and Speaker to make these changes reality. Atlasia needs big and bold changes. Atlasia needs big and bold reforms. I can promise to you that I'll do the best, in collaboration with my colleagues and with all the dedicated people of this nation, to make Atlasia great again!
Thank you, Governor Winfield. Thank you Providence for this enthusiastic welcome.
God bless you. God bless Atlasia.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2015, 11:56:11 PM »

High Pref for sure and good luck man. Smiley
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2015, 02:02:22 PM »

- Regional HQ: Baltimore, Maryland.

August 7:
- GOTV Rally in Columbia, MD.
- Meet and Greet at the Regional HQ in Baltimore, MD.
- Rally in Baltimore, MD.
- Rally in Nyman, DC.
- Meet and Greet in Vienna, WV.
- Town Hall in Charleston, WV.
- Rally and social dinner in Charleston, WV.
August 8:
- Meet and Greet in Toledo, OH.
- GOTV Rally in Dayton, OH.
- Rally in Cleveland, OH.
- Meet and Greet in Muncie, IN.
- Rally in Gary, IN.
- Meet and Greet in Indianapolis, IN.
- Fundraising dinner in Indianapolis, IN.
August 9:
- Meet and Greet in Clinton, MI.
- GOTV Rally in Detroit, MI.
- Town Hall in Detroit, MI.
- Rally in Kenosha, WI.
- Meet and Greet in Madison, WI.
- Rally and Social Dinner in Milwaukee, WI.
August 10:
- Rally in Chigago, IL.
- GOTV Rally in Springfield, IL.
- Meet and Greet in Aurora, IL.
- Rally in Independece, MO.
- Meet and Greet in St. Louis, MO.
- GOTV Rally in Kansas City, MO.
- Social Dinner in Kansas City, MO.
August 11:
- Town Hall in Lexington, KY.
- Meet and Greet in Florence, KY.
- Rally in Louisville, KY.
- GOTV Rally in Richmond, VA.
- Meet and Greet in Norfolk, VA.
- Rally and Social Dinner in Virginia Beach, VA.

Coming soon.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2015, 09:34:57 AM »

- Regional HQ: Tampa, Florida.

August 12:
- Meet and Greet in Chattanooga, TN.
- Rally in Nashville, TN.
- GOTV Rally in Memphis, TN.
- Rally in Winston-Salem, NC.
- Meet and Greet in Charlotte, NC.
- Town Hall in Columbia, SC.
- Meet and Greet in North Charleston, SC.
- Social Dinner in Charleston, SC.
August 13:
- Rally in Atlanta, GA.
- Meet and Greet in Augusta, GA.
- Rally in Tallahassee, FL.
- GOTV Rally in Miami, FL.
- Meet and Greet at the Regional HQ in Tampa, FL.
- Meet and Greet in Montgomery, AL.
- Rally in Birmingham, AL.
- Meet and Greet in Biloxi, MS.
- Social Dinner in Jackson, MS.
August 14:
- Meet and Greet in Jackson, MS.
- GOTV Rally in Baton Rouge, LA.
- Town Hall in New Orleans, LA.
- Rally in Hope, AR.
- Meet and Greet in Little Rock, AR.
- GOTV Rally in Austin, TX.
- Town Hall in San Antonio, TX.