Canadian federal election - October 19, 2015 (Official Campaign Thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:20:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Canadian federal election - October 19, 2015 (Official Campaign Thread) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Canadian federal election - October 19, 2015 (Official Campaign Thread)  (Read 234525 times)
rob in cal
« on: August 03, 2015, 11:15:16 AM »

If the NDP forms the next government, how likely is it that they would actually institute proportional representation?  Also, will it be much of a campaign theme?
rob in cal
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2015, 04:53:43 PM »

I'm wondering what the seat target is for the Tories to have any chance of a minority government.  If they are the biggest party in seat terms but just barely, seems like they would fail, but what if they are pretty close to a seat majority?
rob in cal
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2015, 04:14:37 PM »

I believe the Alternative vote was introduced in Australia in the 1910'a by a liberal government out of fear that Labour would benefit from the Liberals and Country Party (now Nationals I believe) splitting the center to right-wing vote.
rob in cal
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2015, 09:56:33 AM »

For all of the discussion about the Conservatives and BQ going to the right on the immigration issue, just how much of this is in fact symbolic only.  In real terms, have either party endorsed Canada changing policy and lowering total amounts of immigrants allowed into Canada? IMHO, that would amount to really going to the right on the issue, not the Niquab issue.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies