Canadian federal election - October 19, 2015 (Official Campaign Thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:38:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Canadian federal election - October 19, 2015 (Official Campaign Thread) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Canadian federal election - October 19, 2015 (Official Campaign Thread)  (Read 234443 times)
platypeanArchcow

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -7.65

« on: September 05, 2015, 07:03:42 PM »

I was in the Jewish part near Bathurst a couple weeks ago, saw one Mendicino sign in a sea of Joe Olivers.  I even saw some Joe Oliver signs in the less well-off parts west of Allen Road.  It's kind of hard to get anything from such small samples, but maybe if you compare where you were with The Map...

It's been fun biking around my new city and seeing all the lawn signs pop up everywhere. I don't think places in the States are this into lawn signs, not where I've lived anyway.
platypeanArchcow

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -7.65

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2015, 06:34:02 PM »

1) Why would minorities be anti-weed? Even if they are "socially conservative", this seems like one of these issues most people with a foreign background don't really care about.

East and South Asians (who make up most of Canada's minorities) tend to be conservative on drugs.  See for example California's vote on Prop 19.

Whether it's actually an important issue to them is a different question -- I suspect not but don't know.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies