Canadian federal election - October 19, 2015 (Official Campaign Thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 07:53:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Canadian federal election - October 19, 2015 (Official Campaign Thread) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Canadian federal election - October 19, 2015 (Official Campaign Thread)  (Read 235160 times)
RedPrometheus

« on: October 05, 2015, 12:21:38 PM »

There seems to be an unmistakable decline in the relative position of NDP.  This might be bad news for CPC as now there might be more pro-LPC tactical voting, especially in places like ON.   

The shift in the polls last few days seems to be working exactly as what I thought it would.  CPC getting the lead at the expense of NDP turned out to be working mostly in favor of LPC.

I think der LPC is now consolidating the anti-Harper vote, so the NDP might drop even further until election day.
RedPrometheus

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2015, 08:38:48 AM »

So if someone just woke up from a 3 week coma, and wants to know why the Conservatives had a solid lead, and now there's talk of a Liberal Majority, what would you tell them?

1) There was never a solid Tory lead. The best we managed was around 2-3%

2) The NDP pooped the bed by running to the center when progressive voters wanted a shift to the left after Harper. This allowed Trudeau to consolidate the anti-Harper vote somewhat.

The Tories also ran a lackluster campaign and overplayed on the niqab which didn't help them.

Although I followed the election somewhat I don't get the niqab issue. Why is it so important? Why did it hurt the NDP in Quebec? And why didn't it hurt the LPC as well?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies