Browne v. Badnarik
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:35:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Browne v. Badnarik
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: in a general election, who do you vote for?
Harry Browne-TN

Micheal Badnarik-TX

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 12

Author Topic: Browne v. Badnarik  (Read 835 times)
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 08, 2005, 02:20:29 AM »

Inspired by the Clinton v. Gore and Bush v. Cheney threads, I figured I'd do one for my party.

Some background info for those who don't know much about either person:

Harry Browne was the candidate for the Libertarian party in 1996 and 2000.  His campaign centered around the free market and how good it would be to get government out of our lives. He's worked with investing and writes books on investing and politics.  After the election, he started a radio show on both subjects, and is now active in the freemarket news network.  Defining book: Why Government Doesn't Work

Micheal Badnarik was the candidate for the Libertarian party in 2004.  His campaign centered around repealing unconstitutional acts such as the Patriot Act and NAFTA.  He's a computer programmer and teaches courses on the Constitution.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2005, 02:32:07 AM »

The Libertarian Party will never get anywhere because of nutcases like these, and the fact that they have a ridiculous platform, and party members who think abolishing taxation and gutting the military is a great idea.

They'll also never get anywhere because they think everything they don't like is unconstitutional. They sound like a bunch of Democrats. It's ridiculous, really.
George W. Hobbes
Mr. Hobbes

Political Matrix
E: -0.38, S: 1.03

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2005, 02:33:21 AM »

Browne, simply because Badnarik sounds like he has more of an anti-war on terror style of rhetoric, but I doubt there's much difference between the two men.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2005, 02:34:26 AM »

They'll also never get anywhere because they think everything they don't like is unconstitutional. They sound like a bunch of Democrats.

I guess that makes you a Democrat. Tongue

Regarding the question, I don't really know.  Badnarik's occupation certainly makes me like him more, though. Wink
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2005, 02:35:21 AM »

yah, shut up A18.  It's an either or.  You don't have to answer, so stop spamming boards with your hate for my party.  
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2005, 02:37:25 AM »

Browne, simply because Badnarik sounds like he has more of an anti-war on terror style of rhetoric, but I doubt there's much difference between the two men.

that's probably because most of what you heard was during the 2004 campaign.  Harry Browne, if you ever read his articles or listen to his radio show is really anti-war.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2005, 02:42:50 AM »

They'll also never get anywhere because they think everything they don't like is unconstitutional. They sound like a bunch of Democrats.

I guess that makes you a Democrat.

I don't think I ever said the income tax was unconstitutional. Or that banning all guns would be unconstitutional for that matter. Or infringing upon the freedom of the press.

It all depends who does it.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2005, 02:45:48 AM »

I guess that makes you a Democrat.

I don't think I ever said the income tax was unconstitutional. Or that banning all guns would be unconstitutional for that matter. Or infringing upon the freedom of the press.

It all depends who does it.

No, but if you search for threads on this forum of the form "Is _________ unconstitutional?", I imagine that at least 95% of them will have been started by you. Tongue
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies