Are Christians oppressed in the US?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:55:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Are Christians oppressed in the US?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Are Christians oppressed in the US?
yes

no

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 43

Author Topic: Are Christians oppressed in the US?  (Read 2804 times)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2005, 07:55:32 AM »

There are more closet athiests than closet Christians.
Do you have any proof?
I don't think you need one. Loads of purely nominal Christians around.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2005, 08:02:33 AM »

A lot more in the U.S than most countries I reckon
MissCatholic

« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2005, 11:01:18 AM »

Christians arent oppressed in the us. if christians think that they are being oppressed then move somewhere else.

Oppressed is a very strong word for something so minor. lets try and not over-react.
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.48, S: 1.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2005, 11:38:34 AM »

Christians are being oppressed by non-Christians in some places and non-Christians are being oppressed by Christians in some places. It goes both ways. And you also have to consider there are "moderate Christians" and "hardcore Christians" which will also be oppressive to each other. And you have Protestant and Catholics in some cases being oppressive to each other.

So in short, yes, but it is by other Christians as much as non-Christians.

As I Christian, I think Pat Robertson is nuts sometimes.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2005, 08:16:27 PM »

Christians arent oppressed in the us. if christians think that they are being oppressed then move somewhere else.

Oppressed is a very strong word for something so minor. lets try and not over-react.
That's what I say to Muslims and everyone else who thinks that they are, in fact, being oppressed. Quit whining and move out if you assume that everyone in America automatically hates you. I don't even have to say a word to certain Muslims, Christians, Atheists, Catholics, Jews, whatever, and they will assume that I am subtly oppressing them. I don't know why, but at least with me, it happens most often with Muslims. Go figure.

Muslims have picked up the victim mentality.  They expect to be able to apologize for terrorism, and then be treated as our best friends.  I expect their victim mentality will get them as far as it's gotten others who practice it -- nowhere.
Schmitz in 1972
Liberty
United States

« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2005, 08:29:37 PM »

You're probably right about oppressed being too strong a word for the moment, but I have a feeling that 20 or 30 years down the road it may be the perfect word
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2005, 02:14:52 PM »
« Edited: May 10, 2005, 02:16:47 PM by opebo »

You're probably right about oppressed being too strong a word for the moment, but I have a feeling that 20 or 30 years down the road it may be the perfect word

If only it were so.  I fear the opposite is more likely by then.
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2005, 02:38:26 PM »

That's what I say to Muslims and everyone else who thinks that they are, in fact, being oppressed. Quit whining and move out if you assume that everyone in America automatically hates you. I don't even have to say a word to certain Muslims, Christians, Atheists, Catholics, Jews, whatever, and they will assume that I am subtly oppressing them. I don't know why, but at least with me, it happens most often with Muslims. Go figure.

Muslims have picked up the victim mentality.  They expect to be able to apologize for terrorism, and then be treated as our best friends.  I expect their victim mentality will get them as far as it's gotten others who practice it -- nowhere.

So? Conservatives picked up the victim mentality in upper education.

They expect to apoloigize for thier religous beliefs in a science class and then actually expect to get A's. 
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2005, 02:39:49 PM »

Oppress others before they can oppress you:
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies