N.C. Church Kicks Out Members Who Do Not Support Bush (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:41:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  N.C. Church Kicks Out Members Who Do Not Support Bush (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: N.C. Church Kicks Out Members Who Do Not Support Bush  (Read 2751 times)
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« on: May 08, 2005, 05:05:22 AM »
« edited: May 08, 2005, 05:07:16 AM by Senator Gabu »

I have one question.  In the fourth paragraph the guy declares that his actions "were not politically motivated".  Now, the question is pretty simple: what the @%^#?

This is one of the reasons why, were I a Christian, I would likely be nondenominationally so.  I prefer not having to deal with this kind of crap in the process of pursuing spirituality.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2005, 02:51:54 PM »

Religion and Education haven't mixed since the days of Galileo, Kepler, Darwin, Brahe, Darwin.

Er, you might not want to include Tycho Brahe; he rejected heliocentrism (the thought that things revolve around the sun) in lieu of geocentrism (the thought that things revolve around the earth) mostly for religious reasons.

It's interesting to note that Brahe's own measurements were used against him by Kepler to prove that heliocentrism was likely to be correct, but now I'm getting off on a tangent on science, so I'll stop. Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies