Opinion of Phyllis Schlafly
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:12:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of Phyllis Schlafly
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: ?
Freedom Fighter

Horrible Person

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 81

Author Topic: Opinion of Phyllis Schlafly  (Read 2979 times)
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 03, 2015, 05:35:43 PM »

If anyone could be uniquely pinpointed as being the biggest roadblock to full equality for women in the modern era, it's her.

Literally a HP.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2015, 07:52:18 PM »

Massive HP.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2015, 10:34:24 PM »

HP to the max (literally sane)
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2015, 01:54:38 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2015, 03:13:15 AM »

Obvious HP

Timothy 2: 11-14

"Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression."
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2015, 05:15:09 AM »

Creepy.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2015, 07:50:48 AM »

This
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2015, 08:16:37 AM »

If anyone could be uniquely pinpointed as being the biggest roadblock to full equality for women in the modern era, it's her.
I would argue that radical feminists are the biggest roadblock to full equality for women, because if it weren't for them, then Schlafly and people like her wouldn't be able to stereotype all feminists as hairy, man-hating, bra-burning, pro-abortion lesbians.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2015, 01:59:04 PM »

I would argue that radical feminists are the biggest roadblock to full equality for women, because if it weren't for them, then Schlafly and people like her wouldn't be able to stereotype all feminists as hairy, man-hating, bra-burning, pro-abortion lesbians.

"Radical feminism" is a myth; the small minority of women who fit the definition are played up by opponents to pit men as victims and sap political capital from the feminist movement. Feminism by definition is moderate and inclusive.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2015, 03:53:09 PM »

Huge HP.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2015, 04:06:47 PM »

Misogyny won't help you get girls.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2015, 04:21:07 PM »

Her son Andrew is funnier.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2015, 04:28:50 PM »

Oldies "you should be forced to carry your rapist's child to somehow punish him" freak1854.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2015, 05:32:37 PM »

She begat Andrew Schafly, that's HP worthy enough.

Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2015, 06:11:34 PM »

Are you referring to his attempts to get Richard Lenski to send him 50,000 generations of frozen e-coli populations so he could disprove evolution, or his project to "translate" the Bible to remove liberal bias?
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2015, 12:59:48 PM »

It's not misogyny; I was simply saying that feminists like me who don't identify with those clowns have been shut out by that stereotype, one the Phyllis Schlafly believes and perpetuates.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2015, 03:38:41 PM »

Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2015, 09:34:45 AM »

Oldies "you should be forced to carry your rapist's child to somehow punish him" freak1854.
Please stop taking my words out of context.  What I said is that by allowing abortion in cases of rape, you are sending the message to rapists that they bear no responsibility for abusing and impregnating women.  That victimizes women because it allows the rapist to bear no consequence for making the woman pregnant.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2015, 11:30:54 AM »

Please stop taking my words out of context.  What I said is that by allowing abortion in cases of rape, you are sending the message to rapists that they bear no responsibility for abusing and impregnating women.  That victimizes women because it allows the rapist to bear no consequence for making the woman pregnant.

Looks like you are just as wrong, vile, and misogynistic as ever!
Thunderbird is the word
Zen Lunatic

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2015, 12:55:09 PM »

Massive HP
Oak Hills
United States

« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2015, 08:25:24 PM »

That still doesn't make a lick of sense, Oldies.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2015, 09:08:33 PM »

has there ever been a case of someone deciding not to commit a rape because they'd have to care for a possible child? ever, in all of history?
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2015, 10:15:54 PM »

I like the homophobia casually thrown in there.
Sumner 1868
tara gilesbie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2015, 10:20:20 PM »

Pinochet apologist, among other things. Massive HP.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2015, 09:43:28 AM »

I like the homophobia casually thrown in there.
How is it homphobic to say that I don't believe in that kind of feminism?
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies