Your reaction to this analogy as to how Hillary Clinton is wired
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 06:30:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Your reaction to this analogy as to how Hillary Clinton is wired
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Your opinion of the analogy below
Freedom analogy

Horrible analogy

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 36

Author Topic: Your reaction to this analogy as to how Hillary Clinton is wired  (Read 1268 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 04, 2015, 08:26:36 AM »
« edited: August 04, 2015, 08:29:36 AM by Torie »

This was a comment written in the New York Times by a reader about Hillary Clinton. Do you find it an apt, or inapt, analogy?

"There is a scene in Total Recall in which Arnold has to get past Customs while dressed as an old woman. Since it's the future, he has some kind of robot mask on. However, as the questioning becomes more intense, and the robot has trouble with responding, the mask explodes, and Arnold is exposed.

"Hillary is like that. She does not seem to have any of her own thoughts. She synthetic, and obviously so.

"When she's asked a question, she does not answer. Instead, she starts bobbing her head, her eyes kind of bug out, and she has a weird smile on her face. She's not framing an answer. Her brain is calculating a response. She's searching for what the focus groups have suggested is the best answer.

"At some point, she will break down. No one can keep this kind of charade going for very long. The issues concerning "everyday Americans" are too diverse for pure calculation."
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2015, 08:27:48 AM »

Spot on.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2015, 12:38:41 PM »

Horrible analogy. Hillary's ability to answer debate and interview questions like a normal human being is one of the things that turned me on to her most as a candidate in 2008, and I don't get the sense she's lost that ability since then. I get that the going narrative is that the Clintons are aloof and out-of-touch, and I can buy that, although I think literally every single presidential candidate probably since Harry Truman is to some extent. But go and actually watch a debate with Clinton or just any random interview. She's usually very curt, pretty upbeat on softball questions and sincere on more serious ones. Nothing at all that's described in the OP. Then again, I've never seen Total Recall.

This debate question in particular comes to mind: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZUZ8oJ9rfQ
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2015, 12:52:20 PM »

I don't think Hillary is someone without real opinions. I do agree that her general personality is mostly fake, and has been since the mid-90s. You have to remember that in the first few years she was on the public scene she was very genuine, but was lambasted for her "tea and cookies" and "standing by my man" stuff. I think Hillary tries too hard to play the average woman role because the public reacted negatively to her true liberal self.
Donald Trump 2016 !
captainkangaroo

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2015, 01:45:52 PM »

DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2015, 01:52:09 PM »

What I think is that people who don't care for Hillary are getting more and more bizarre with their analysis.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2015, 01:57:42 PM »

Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2015, 02:16:19 PM »

emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2015, 02:37:33 PM »

Horrible analogy. Hillary's ability to answer debate and interview questions like a normal human being is one of the things that turned me on to her most as a candidate in 2008, and I don't get the sense she's lost that ability since then. I get that the going narrative is that the Clintons are aloof and out-of-touch, and I can buy that, although I think literally every single presidential candidate probably since Harry Truman is to some extent. But go and actually watch a debate with Clinton or just any random interview. She's usually very curt, pretty upbeat on softball questions and sincere on more serious ones. Nothing at all that's described in the OP. Then again, I've never seen Total Recall.

This debate question in particular comes to mind: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZUZ8oJ9rfQ

I agree with you, and I've never really understood this particular criticism, that she's somehow fake.

And you should see Total Recall (either of them). Great movie!
JonathanSwift
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2015, 03:05:50 PM »

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies