The Northeast Gazette
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:22:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Northeast Gazette
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Northeast Gazette  (Read 674 times)
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 04, 2015, 03:44:37 PM »

Well, we sure don't have a cast like that, but I'd like to take the opportunity to go ahead and open this. Tongue

The Office of the Northeast Gazette

The Lt. Governor of the Northeast will maintain this.

Purpose
Relate to Northeast citizens and Atlasians the following:

1. Assembly updates (statutes, debates, events, etc.)
2. Unofficial Northeast election information concerning national elections and Northeast elections (anyone wishing to to run a Northeast tracker here, please feel free, or contact me!)
3. Unemployment and other important information as related by the G.M.
4. A venue for opinions and questions of northeast citizens. (If there is time and interest, perhaps an interview or two)

What We Are Not
1. We are not a storytelling/fiction enterprise. We're concerned about what is happening in-game, particularly with regard to the Northeast.

So stay tuned and I hope there are things to talk about here!
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2015, 10:05:16 AM »
« Edited: August 08, 2015, 04:12:26 PM by DemPGH »

8.8.2015:

National Unemployment stands at 8.2%
Northeast Unemployment stands at 7.7%

These numbers represent a slight decrease nationally and a slight increase in the Northeast. International factors as well as concerns about oil availability and price continue to affect the economy.

In Northeast news, the Assembly is currently debating term limits for the Northeast Governor. While there appears to be general support, the decline in activity across the board in Atlasia has some thinking that term limits would be too constricting. However, it seems that if an active person cannot be found every two terms to serve as governor, Atlasia - and the northeast - are in far worse shape than thought!

The Northeast also recently introduced a statute to allow private insurance plans in the region. While private insurance sticks consumers with out of pocket costs and general inefficiency, we think mostly wealthy individuals will consider these plans. Private insurance plans will be held to national standards.
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2015, 09:52:27 AM »

(anyone wishing to to run a Northeast tracker here, please feel free, or contact me!)
Would this be to total election results (when needed) and/or porting polling data into a central place? If so, I would be interesting in doing that.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2015, 11:56:41 AM »

(anyone wishing to to run a Northeast tracker here, please feel free, or contact me!)
Would this be to total election results (when needed) and/or porting polling data into a central place? If so, I would be interesting in doing that.

Yeah, you could do that. Polling data would be fine.

But also, unofficial results as well as tracking updates for northeast elections and also for how the northeast is voting in national elections I think was the goal.
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2015, 12:01:38 PM »

But also, unofficial results as well as tracking updates for northeast elections and also for how the northeast is voting in national elections I think was the goal.
Okay. Should I create a separate thread, or should I place it on this one (whenever it's required)?
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2015, 04:47:31 PM »

Okay. Should I create a separate thread, or should I place it on this one (whenever it's required)?

If you wanted to do your own thread, that'd be fine, and the Lt. Gov. could put the info here. Or you can run it here - I'm okay with either. What I'll probably do, as long as I'm Lt. Gov., is provide a synopsis of election stuff once it's at or near the end. I won't be running any trackers, so it's okay with me either way. My approach is straight forward journalistic.
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2015, 10:08:46 AM »

Northeast Voting Figures: Federal Amendment to the Constitution
As of time of posting - referendum runs until 23rd August.
Aye - 8 (88.9%)
Nay - 1 (11.1%)
Votes - 9 (22.0%)
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2015, 03:57:03 PM »
« Edited: August 25, 2015, 04:08:38 PM by DemPGH »

Regarding the recent election cycle:

The new Northeast Assembly consists of:
ClarkKent, RGN08, Clyde1998, evergreen and DemPGH
(While I was not a candidate, I appreciate the write in votes and will endeavor to do my best!)

A number of Northeast ballot initiatives passed by wide margins: Patchwork, Competitive Elections, Term Limits, and Residency. Of note, the governor will be required to be a Northeast citizen, the governor will be limited to two consecutive terms, and the Assembly will consist of three members (instead of five) if there are not at least six declared candidates.

A federal amendment passed referendum 12-2 which makes it simpler and easier to call a Constitutional Convention. Given the record levels of inactivity, we think this is a positive development.

Winners of the federal at large election cycle to the Senate are: North Carolina Yankee (where the only drama was whether he could finish first), Kalwejt, Cris, Harry S Truman, and Altsomn Stmarken. Congratulations to the winners!

(We may need some assistance with the wiki, but stay tuned).

The push for Northeastern independence continues, and as we have time, we may address this in the future.

DemPGH
Lt. Gov. and Managing Editor
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2015, 04:17:29 PM »

Independence For the Northeast?

Well, this is the question that's on everyone's mind. Its feasibility, its timing, its look are all significant issues at hand.

Secession from Atlasia could be, quite ironically, the first real instance of reform. In the days and weeks ahead we at the Gazette hope to be able to schedule interviews and perhaps a debate on the issue. Perhaps a reverse parliamentary system with independent regions would be an interesting and useful step forward. We shall see!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies