2016: John Kasich V. Hillary Clinton (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:24:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  2016: John Kasich V. Hillary Clinton (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who would you vote for?/Who would you think wins?
Hillary Clinton/Hillary Clinton

Hillary Clinton/John Kasich

John Kasich/Hillary Clinton

John Kasich/John Kasich

Other/John Kasich

Other/Hillary Clinton

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 131

Author Topic: 2016: John Kasich V. Hillary Clinton  (Read 6263 times)
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« on: August 05, 2015, 06:08:19 PM »

The election is 2016. After a hugely competitive primary against Biden and Sanders, Hillary Clinton barely won the nomination in the month of May of 2016. She would go on to let speculation dangle for her running-mate as the economy started to sputter. Finally, several choices were narrowed down and cut before she released her final choice: Martin Heinrich. Heinrich shined in the first vice presidential debate, and he sometimes overshadowed Hillary Clinton at the top of the ticket.

Kasich won the nomination in 2016 of April, after chasing Bush down in New Hampshire. Kasich did well enough on Super Tuesday that he narrowed his competition down to the winner of Nevada, Marco Rubio, and Iowa winner Scott Walker. In South Carolina, Kasich ran a close second to Rubio, with Walker on his heels. Colorado went to Kasich, and from there on he did fairly well. Kasich managed to continue on into the general, and he chose Brian Sandoval as his running-mate.

Now, the choice is yours. Who do you vote for, and who do you think will win this election?

Feel free to post maps and such here. I've noticed a fair amount of Kasich-supporters here, and I'd like to see if he made it competitive enough.

Also, Other choices:

Libertarian: Gary Johnson(L-NM)/Justin Amash(L-MI)
Green: Dennis Kuchinich(G-OH)/Jill Stein(G-MA)
Justice: Rocky Anderson(J-UT)/Thom Hartmann(J-OR)
Constitution: Robert Barr(C-GA)/Virgil Goode(C-VA)
Reform: Wayne Root(Reform-NV)/Eliot Cutler(Reform-ME)
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 06:14:47 PM »

Kasich would lose due to boredom alone.

I'm going to try to stay out of most of this, but what? John "Energy" Kasich isn't what I would call boring. Most people don't get to go to the White House by complaining to the University's President.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 07:09:41 PM »

I think this could lead to a very odd political map. Kasich would be much weaker among minorities than Bush or Rubio, and maybe even Walker. On the other hand, he would do very well with working-class whites, and would make strong inroads in places like Iowa and Pennsylvania. In the end, I think it could be the first election in a while in which Florida votes more D than Pennsylvania.

If Kasich wins half as many African-Americans nationwide as he did in Ohio in 2014, he still wins twelve percent of the vote there. What percentage of the African-American vote do you think Rubio or Bush would carry?
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2015, 10:33:42 PM »

It would be extremely close, but have you seen Heinrich? That face alone should take Clinton over the finish line.

Best response yet.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies