Trump vs. Megyn Kelly *UPDATE* Trump disinvited from RedState gathering
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 03:18:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump vs. Megyn Kelly *UPDATE* Trump disinvited from RedState gathering
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Trump vs. Megyn Kelly *UPDATE* Trump disinvited from RedState gathering  (Read 13189 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 07, 2015, 05:11:32 AM »
« edited: August 07, 2015, 11:43:53 PM by Mr. Morden »

lol:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/trump-fires-angry-tweets-fox-megyn-kelly-frank-luntz-article-1.2317818

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Here's his Twitter account:

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump

If I'm reading this right, I think some of those are re-tweets, and I assume it's a staffer doing this rather than Trump himself.  But still….lol.
heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2015, 07:04:14 AM »

A twit with a twitter account. He showed himself up for what he is, a spoiled bully and blowhard, who knows s#@$ from shinola. He's simply not fit for purpose and has been "fired"😊
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2015, 07:20:09 AM »

I have doubts about his sanity.

If he has problems with Frank Luntz and Megyn Kelly -- think of the trouble that he will have with Rachel Maddow. 
DS0816
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2015, 07:42:51 AM »

Donald Trump is correct about Frank Luntz.
BM
BeccaM
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2015, 08:02:37 AM »

What a heroic individual! And 100% correct!
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2015, 09:42:15 AM »

Frank Luntz does have some pretty stupid people on his panels, but bashing him and Kelly is just not presidential.

As for Megyn Kelly, look, let's get real here. Megyn Kelly is smart, articulate, and very attractive. Trump married a woman who modeled, but really isn't that hot and she's kinda dumb. Trump's wife has no real talent, anyone can pose for photos. Kelly is a talented commentator and news person. So, maybe there is some jealousy going on here.

The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2015, 10:01:47 AM »

If he has problems with Frank Luntz and Megyn Kelly -- think of the trouble that he will have with Rachel Maddow. 

Oh thats going to be fantastic. When is MSNBC holding a debate.
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -5.65

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2015, 10:02:45 AM »

Loool. Rachel Maddow can be a pain in the ass, even to me, and I basically agree with her about everything, because of her unique style, where she repeats everything she says at least five or ten times. Pretty much more annoying than that you can't get. On the other hand, they do have a lot in common, as Trump also repeats everything he says 5-10-15-20 times. Unlike Maddow though, he doesn't do it within an hour, but instead in every interview and stump speech over days and weeks, which seems less threatening and insane to people.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2015, 10:04:43 AM »

He's giving his public what they want and that is realness.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2015, 10:05:28 AM »

Never.  The Republicans won't do debates with MSNBC anymore.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2015, 10:13:21 AM »

Frank Luntz does have some pretty stupid people on his panels, but bashing him and Kelly is just not presidential.

As for Megyn Kelly, look, let's get real here. Megyn Kelly is smart, articulate, and very attractive. Trump married a woman who modeled, but really isn't that hot and she's kinda dumb. Trump's wife has no real talent, anyone can pose for photos. Kelly is a talented commentator and news person. So, maybe there is some jealousy going on here.

FOX News is Unfair and Unbalanced.  The way they run their GOP Presidential Debates brings this out into the open.  In 2008, the FOX panel would ask their favored candidates questions about policy to display their greater knowledge of foreign policy, but not all the candidates would get to answer that question.  Then, they'd come to Ron Paul and ask him about whether or not he believed in the doctrines of 9/11 "Truthers" (which Paul called them on).  It was their way of putting a candidate on the defensive with questions that had nothing to do with public policy that served no purpose but to reinforce a negative perception of a candidate FOX didn't like that had nothing to do with public policy or governing.

Megyn Kelly did the same thing with Donald Trump last night, and got called on it by Trump.  Actually, she got exposed as a stooge, which she is.  Trump is, of course, who he is, and he did what he had to do.  He's not the first candidate FOX has deliberately tried to set up to look bad.  And I get it; that's part of the game.  But don't start telling me that Megyn Kelly is a "journalist" or FOX News is "unbiased". 
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2015, 10:19:39 AM »
« Edited: August 07, 2015, 10:23:13 AM by eric82oslo »

FOX News is Unfair and Unbalanced.  The way they run their GOP Presidential Debates brings this out into the open.  In 2008, the FOX panel would ask their favored candidates questions about policy to display their greater knowledge of foreign policy, but not all the candidates would get to answer that question.  Then, they'd come to Ron Paul and ask him about whether or not he believed in the doctrines of 9/11 "Truthers" (which Paul called them on).  It was their way of putting a candidate on the defensive with questions that had nothing to do with public policy that served no purpose but to reinforce a negative perception of a candidate FOX didn't like that had nothing to do with public policy or governing.

Megyn Kelly did the same thing with Donald Trump last night, and got called on it by Trump.  Actually, she got exposed as a stooge, which she is.  Trump is, of course, who he is, and he did what he had to do.  He's not the first candidate FOX has deliberately tried to set up to look bad.  And I get it; that's part of the game.  But don't start telling me that Megyn Kelly is a "journalist" or FOX News is "unbiased".  

Lol. Really? Who are you to tell that Megyn Kelly isn't a journalist? You're starting to sound just as misogynist as Donald Trump (or Romney for that matter who had "folders full of women" lol). If you read a few comments and opinion pieces on CNN, the big story of the night was exactly how misogynist it all was (including Rubio's refusal to rule out women's rights over their own bodies in case of rape + Huckabee's willingness to override a Supreme Court decision, Roe vs Wade, with executive orders or what not, etcetera), and Trump in particular as he used supression tecniques and sexual harassment, generally not seen for decades in public life, in order to knock down one of the media's strongest women. Just cringeworthy to say the least.
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2015, 11:40:51 AM »

FOX News is Unfair and Unbalanced.  The way they run their GOP Presidential Debates brings this out into the open.  In 2008, the FOX panel would ask their favored candidates questions about policy to display their greater knowledge of foreign policy, but not all the candidates would get to answer that question.  Then, they'd come to Ron Paul and ask him about whether or not he believed in the doctrines of 9/11 "Truthers" (which Paul called them on).  It was their way of putting a candidate on the defensive with questions that had nothing to do with public policy that served no purpose but to reinforce a negative perception of a candidate FOX didn't like that had nothing to do with public policy or governing.

Megyn Kelly did the same thing with Donald Trump last night, and got called on it by Trump.  Actually, she got exposed as a stooge, which she is.  Trump is, of course, who he is, and he did what he had to do.  He's not the first candidate FOX has deliberately tried to set up to look bad.  And I get it; that's part of the game.  But don't start telling me that Megyn Kelly is a "journalist" or FOX News is "unbiased".  

Lol. Really? Who are you to tell that Megyn Kelly isn't a journalist? You're starting to sound just as misogynist as Donald Trump (or Romney for that matter who had "folders full of women" lol). If you read a few comments and opinion pieces on CNN, the big story of the night was exactly how misogynist it all was (including Rubio's refusal to rule out women's rights over their own bodies in case of rape + Huckabee's willingness to override a Supreme Court decision, Roe vs Wade, with executive orders or what not, etcetera), and Trump in particular as he used supression tecniques and sexual harassment, generally not seen for decades in public life, in order to knock down one of the media's strongest women. Just cringeworthy to say the least.
Rubio and Huckabee got asked questions and they gave crazy rightwing answers to them. Kelly's questions to Trump were very thinly veiled attacks that were set up for the express purpose of making him look bad.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2015, 11:53:56 AM »

Even more emblematic of the problem with the Republicans: unwilling to listen to ideas outside of their sphere.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2015, 02:08:47 PM »

If you watched Morning Joe (again a good gauge of beltway conventional wisdom), the theme was that Fox was out to get Trump and treated others with softballs. I think I actually agree. When I saw that first question about hands up if you wont pledge to run third party. I immediately imagined Admiral Akhbar yelling to Donald "It's a trap!" 
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2015, 02:11:55 PM »

FOX News is Unfair and Unbalanced.  The way they run their GOP Presidential Debates brings this out into the open.  In 2008, the FOX panel would ask their favored candidates questions about policy to display their greater knowledge of foreign policy, but not all the candidates would get to answer that question.  Then, they'd come to Ron Paul and ask him about whether or not he believed in the doctrines of 9/11 "Truthers" (which Paul called them on).  It was their way of putting a candidate on the defensive with questions that had nothing to do with public policy that served no purpose but to reinforce a negative perception of a candidate FOX didn't like that had nothing to do with public policy or governing.

Megyn Kelly did the same thing with Donald Trump last night, and got called on it by Trump.  Actually, she got exposed as a stooge, which she is.  Trump is, of course, who he is, and he did what he had to do.  He's not the first candidate FOX has deliberately tried to set up to look bad.  And I get it; that's part of the game.  But don't start telling me that Megyn Kelly is a "journalist" or FOX News is "unbiased". 

The reason Fox asked Ron Paul about 9/11 truthers is because conspiracy kooks supported him. Rudy Giuliani, John McCain, Mitt Romney, Mike Huckabee, and Fred Thompson supporters were mainstream. They asked Paul plenty of policy questions, and he answered them. Donald Trump couldn't answer these questions because he isn't smart and didn't think to at least be briefed before the debate.

Megyn Kelly did a phenomenal job last night. She is smart, attractive, and articulate, to suggest she is a "stooge" is just a ridiculous claim without merit. What happened last night is Fox decided to ask Trump tough questions as opposed to giving him a pass like the rest of the media. Believe me, Trump didn't have to be "set up" to look bad, he did it on his own. He was the only one last night who didn't have a single good moment, even Ben Carson had a decent closing.

Fox News has their bias, but they often report stories no one else will and Kelly has her opinions, but they were in check last night as she asked tough questions to multiple candidates. The fact of the matter is, Trump has issues with female voters no one else has. Trump has four bankruptcies, which no one else has.
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2015, 02:15:16 PM »

If you watched Morning Joe (again a good gauge of beltway conventional wisdom), the theme was that Fox was out to get Trump and treated others with softballs. I think I actually agree. When I saw that first question about hands up if you wont pledge to run third party. I immediately imagined Admiral Akhbar yelling to Donald "It's a trap!" 

What softballs exactly? They were cruel, to some extent at least, with every single one of them. The only exception might have been Christie, since they didn't mention Bridgegate one single time. I've never read such unanimously raving reviews of any debate hosts before for the entire press corps, who thought all three hosts were phenomenal for delivering such tricky, weak spot questions to almost every single one of them. Bridgegate was the only elephant in the room which didn't get mentioned I think.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2015, 07:07:02 PM »

Even more emblematic of the problem with the Republicans: unwilling to listen to ideas outside of their sphere.

Well, the Dems also won't do debates on Fox News Channel.
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: 3.74

« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2015, 07:08:41 PM »

Well, the Dems also won't do debates on Fox News Channel.

Ding ding ding, we have a winner. Both sides are convinced that the other side is Satan and that their own side is flawless.

Returning to the main topic, this doesn't surprise me, and it makes me even less likely to vote for Trump.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2015, 07:11:05 PM »

Michael Cohen (the same Trump lawyer who said that there's no such thing as marital rape) retweeted a comment about "gutting" Megyn Kelly:

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/08/donald-trump-deputy-megyn-kelly-gut-her-retweet-121160.html?hp=l2_4

Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2015, 10:24:09 PM »

Update:

WTF?:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2015/08/07/trump-says-foxs-megyn-kelly-had-blood-coming-out-of-her-wherever/

Check please.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2015, 10:27:52 PM »

On AAD we decided 20-0 in a poll that FOX stacked the focus group against Trump.  Trump is right on target here.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2015, 10:30:33 PM »
« Edited: August 07, 2015, 10:33:31 PM by DavidB. »

What a crybaby. All candidates got really hard questions too. The difference with the other candidates is that Trump does 180s on policy everytime, and he likes to talk about himself and his past all the time, so it's no surprise that he got a different kind of questions as well - but these questions were actually legitimate, because let's be real, Kelly was merely articulating the thoughts many GOP primary voters have.

Time to dump the Trump.
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: 3.74

« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2015, 10:31:27 PM »

What a crybaby. All candidates got really hard questions too. The difference with the other candidates is that Trump does 180s on policy everytime, and he likes to talk about himself and his past all the time, so it's no surprise that he got a different kind of questions as well - but these questions were actually legitimate, because let's be real, Kelly was merely articulating the thoughts many GOP primary voters have.

Time to dump the Trump.

Amen to this. The moderators were amazing, and Trump just didn't get what he wanted.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2015, 10:33:53 PM »

hard to say if picking a fight with FOX is a winning move in a GOP primary. But you never know with Trump. I do think that Ailes has decided that it is time to take Trump down. Their coverage of Trump today was not favorable so the memo has gone out.  But some on the right see Fox as part of the establishment.

That is how Rush sees it.

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2015/08/07/the_orders_to_take_out_trump_must_have_gone_to_fox_not_the_other_candidates
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies