Vice Presidential Election Amendment (Debating) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 03:20:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Vice Presidential Election Amendment (Debating) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Vice Presidential Election Amendment (Debating)  (Read 3247 times)
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« on: August 20, 2015, 02:47:14 PM »

Its seems we got VP debate occuring in the cabinet reorganization thread and cabinet talk going on in the VP thread. Tongue

Anyway, another issue was raised in the Cabinet reorganization thread and that concerned the independence of the VP with regards to the Presidency. This also dovetails with the concerns that Cassius has brought up. Assuming it is seperately elected, to what extent would the President exercise authority over the office?

This is a fair point, and I will wait until I hear Kal's opinion on this matter, however, I still share the same concerns as before.  The Vice President should play a leading role leading the Senate in full or partial capacity.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2015, 12:55:24 PM »

This fits the Duke plan like a fing Glove just saying. Tongue VP acts as liason between the Senate PPT, House speaker and President. He could preside over any joint sessions, handle the elections of officers of both chambers, confirmation hearings in the Senate and even control emergency slots in both chambers. The opportunities are endless.

I totally agree with you, but obviously passing any major reform plan is the obstacle.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies